I tried this setwind command with a radio "Call to Alpha" but that changes nothing for me. Tested it in an Mp testmap.

How can i do it? thanks for help!

you mean the mission that is completely random (faction,weapons,objective) or at least you can customize a lot of settings???
yeah those ones. you can also try the ACE version of benny's warfare

I agree wind changes direction and power way too much, which is quite unrealistic. I wonder if it's actually fix-able, though...

I don't think it changes way too much, maybe slightly too much but I don't think it's too extreme. It would be cool if wind was dependant on height above sea level

okay so I was messing around with the hellfire flight modes today cuz I'm still new to ACE and just messing with stuff...one question though. when I select LOAL HI or LO, and tell the AI gunner to fire a missile, the missile still shoots straight as a dart...it never goes up to altitude. I'm kinda guessing that it has something to do with the laser already being on target or maybe just on in general, but even after i tell the AI to fire the missile, then tell it which target to designate, it still shoots straight out, doesnt climb up and then find the laser spot. all flight modes work fine if I'm the gunner though. any help?

just wanted to get a reply to this before it got buried

Hello.

I have noticed that Ace affects fps in my game, especially in Chernarus (visible slowdowns and occasional stuttering). I ran benchmark 1 with and without the mod, and vanilla gets to 57 while ace can take it down to 38, and so I was wondering if you guys could advise which pbo's can be removed to improve the game's fluidity. I love the mod but I also want to have a smooth game, and so I am looking for a compromise.

My understanding is that I should be looking into removing pbo's from the ace folder (as opposed to acex and so on) and so if you guys could let me know what puts the biggest strain on cpu I would appreciate it!

Hello.

I have noticed that Ace affects fps in my game, especially in Chernarus (visible slowdowns and occasional stuttering). I ran benchmark 1 with and without the mod, and vanilla gets to 57 while ace can take it down to 38, and so I was wondering if you guys could advise which pbo's can be removed to improve the game's fluidity. I love the mod but I also want to have a smooth game, and so I am looking for a compromise.

My understanding is that I should be looking into removing pbo's from the ace folder (as opposed to acex and so on) and so if you guys could let me know what puts the biggest strain on cpu I would appreciate it!

I don't think you can really remove any features of ACE to increase performance without taking away the whole point of ACE. 38FPS is pretty decent anyway, I would love to get even half of that on low settings without mods

Hello.

Make sure you run the latest hotfixes available on Six Updater as fixes were made that affected fps/stuttering.

student, first video -- ask mission author, nothing related to ACE. Mission author just placed static weapon incorrectly.

Second video -- random interpolation glitches. Nothing related to ACE also. Check your internets/report to CIT.

Last video -- height-indicator probably telling height above sea level, not actual height above ground.

Is there any way to make the wind in ACE² more smooth?

We had in the last days some Sniper Training sessions on our Server and we got Problems at shooting at targets with a range of more than 800 meters because the wind

changes too fast. Its very hard to hit a target, any ideas?

Please in the future simply add a ticket :)

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28347

I have gone back through the pages and am unable to find an answer. Have dedicated server set up running ace, but I get the annoying green box popping up 'Ace has detected a version mismatch between client and server'. The server has 1.13 and I have 1.10.

I know I can upgrade but I would like the ability of having players without the exact version joining.

I have set the ace_Serverconfig line to read #define VERSIONING_LEVEL 0, uncommented of course.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Well you should (all) update. ACE has not changed much for the last few months. But this is what i did for our server: #define VERSIONING_LEVEL 1 it seems to work!

I know I can upgrade but I would like the ability of having players without the exact version joining.
Not recommended. Especially in case of 1.13 and the latest hotfixes for it which solve a multitude of issues, besides that versions can be rather incompatible, using different versions can lead to unpredictable results incl server and client crashes, hence the whole system exists.

Besides keeping up2date with Six Updater is peanuts/effortless. http://www.six-updater.net/p/about.html

You can also setup a custom repo for your server with additional configuration; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup

If you add the server.yml url to your server name, anyone using SU will automatically find the needed configuration for your server, but you can also provide people with a sixupdater:// link for easy setup and join.

5, 25, 50 or 100 mods, no difference.

Well you should (all) update. ACE has not changed much for the last few months. But this is what i did for our server: #define VERSIONING_LEVEL 1 it seems to work!

Yep tried that, so did the support guys at Jest. I'll try it again after a update. Just out of curiosity, what do you have for the following?

// check if certain pbo's are missing on client and prevent client from playing if so

check_pbos = 0;

// verify that all relevant pbos shipped with ace are running on client

check_all_ace_pbos = 0;

//pbos to check. if check all ace pbos enabled, following pbos are added to the checklist, if not, only these pbos are checked

//example: checklist[] = { "ace_sys_stamina", "ace_anims_turn" };

checklist[] = {};

//if all ace pbos check is enabled, exclude following files from check

exclude_pbos[] = {};

};

Does anybody remember how to force masks/goggles onto players at mission start. I remember there was some function or something a while back that I used. Issue is is I cannot seem to find the mission I was working on that used it.

I notice you've taken away the BRDM's night vision capabilities. It seems like the AI crewmen can still see in the dark, however.

The crew have NVGs, so the driver will be able to see through the front port. However, I have been spotted in the dark by the gunner's turret in situations where other non-NVG vehicles have stayed blind. Or maybe it's just the zoom optics, IDK.

Also, any chance the ACE devs could ask the author of the BTR-70 to fix his side hull hitboxes?

Edited by maturin

Does anybody remember how to force masks/goggles onto players at mission start. I remember there was some function or something a while back that I used. Issue is is I cannot seem to find the mission I was working on that used it.

_unit addWeapon "ACE_Earplugs";
_unit addWeapon "ACE_GlassesTactical";
[_unit] execFSM "x\ace\addons\sys_goggles\use_earplug.fsm";
[_unit, "ACE_GlassesTactical"] execFSM "x\ace\addons\sys_goggles\use_glasses.fsm;
sleep 60;
[_unit] execFSM "x\ace\addons\sys_goggles\remove_glasses.fsm";
[_unit] execFSM "x\ace\addons\sys_goggles\remove_earplug.fsm";

From http://freeace.wikkii.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2#Mission_Editors_2

Maturin such questions could probably be answered in a support ticket.

Hi all

What the hell is up with using BETA`s now with Six?.

I have the latest BETA and I have use BETA ticked but I see some really old version listed on the left V1.60.88918 but at the bottom it shows a diff version I mean how the bloody hell do we get BETA`s to work now.

Ages ago I could install a BETA and update SIX and it would create a short cut for me I would click it and when I went into the game I would see the version of the BETA I installed now I see the wrong version even though I deleted the old BETA from me ARMA folder and reinstalled the latest version.

Please help

Hi guys, does High Command mode work with ACE ? if yes what's the High Command mode keyboard shortcut ? I've tried with CTRL+Space but it doesn't work (i'm doing some testing in the editor). Thanks in advance

using BETA`s now with Six?.

I'm fairly certainly that the beta version that SU offers is constrained by whatever JArmALib supports, which is why it's stuck on 88918 instead of whatever the latest version is available, so that if you update everything with SU it'll all "work" instead of breaking. Then again that's really an issue to take up in the SIX Updater thread as it's got nothing to do with ACE2. :)