We've got a repro discrepancy over at devheaven. When I play as a (OPFOR) Takistani Militia RPG gunner, I get AKM mags for my AK-74. Vking doesn't. Anyone with a spare 5 seconds, try it and report back.

Checked for ya bud - get ak74 mags - maybe a quick repair and verify?

Hi all

What the hell is up with using BETA`s now with Six?.

I have the latest BETA and I have use BETA ticked but I see some really old version listed on the left V1.60.88918 but at the bottom it shows a diff version I mean how the bloody hell do we get BETA`s to work now.

Ages ago I could install a BETA and update SIX and it would create a short cut for me I would click it and when I went into the game I would see the version of the BETA I installed now I see the wrong version even though I deleted the old BETA from me ARMA folder and reinstalled the latest version.

Please help

Why the hell are you posting what the hell questions about Six Updater in the what the hell ACE thread?

If you have an issue with SU, find http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Start with including details, log files, and screenshots.

Hey Sickboy :).

I did try to find the what the hell six updater thread but the BIS what the hell search function on these forums are poor :P.

I will now look into posting log files etc in the correct what the hell Six updater section LOL.

Thanks

@stk2008 The Six Updater thread is in the editing section

Ah that would explain a why I could not see it.

Though I still used the search function and it came up with no main six updater thread LOL

:-)

You find Six Updater links in my what the hell signature, and on the what the hell Six Updater Homepage, Support section, etc :-) Which also is available in the Homepage tab of the Six Updater program ;-)

Don't expect the what the hell BI Forums search to find everything what the hell you are looking for! :P

Edited by Sickboy

:-)

You find Six Updater links in my what the hell signature, and on the what the hell Six Updater Homepage, Support section, etc :-) Which also is available in the Homepage tab of the Six Updater program ;-)

Don't expect the what the hell BI Forums search to find everything what the hell you are looking for! :P

LOL :p

Thanks again to ACE team for the great mod I am looking forward to ARMA3 so much.

Hi guys,

since 1.13 has been released, I'm missing a clear changelog. Is there a simple way to see what has changed when a hotfix has been released?

Well, that's the old changelog, I cannot find any clues about the latest fixes through the hotfixes.

Sorry if this isn't the place to ask this, but I'm having a bit of an issue with AI accuracy with ACE installed. I was just running the armory and from about 1100 meters away I was getting hit roughly every 1 of 5 shots the enemy took (AK's). Is this related to ACE or is it something else?

It's related to 1.60 making AI accuracy dependent on unit skill rather than your precision config in profile.

Although frankly, I have a real hard time believing you even got guys with AKs to engage at 1100m.

Could someone please help me out with customizing infantry unit loadouts. When starting my mission I want my M107 sniper's ammo to be M107 tracer rounds, and I need to arm some OPFOR RPG gunners with OG-7 rounds.

I wrote -

this addMagazine "10Rnd. M107 Tracer";

in the m107 snipers Init Field but it didn't work. I think I have a vague idea of how the script should be, something like this -

this addWeapon "CLASSNAME"; this addMagazine "CLASSNAME";

but I don't know the proper CLASSNAMES. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's related to 1.60 making AI accuracy dependent on unit skill rather than your precision config in profile.

Although frankly, I have a real hard time believing you even got guys with AKs to engage at 1100m.

I had slightly aggravated them by having sent a few .338's their way. But the distance I'm sure of because i was zeroed for 900 and my POI was several mils low. I might just have screwed something up with the install. It was in the armory so I don't know of that could have affected it, but it was definitely AR/BR fire.

Incidentally, a sniper AI that engaged me in a later challenge seemed to have more moderate accuracy. Anyways, I'll refrain from cluttering up this thread and try to sort it out myself first.

Made a ticket on DH because ACE stamina is wrong.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28538

Basically I dropped a US Soldier light down, removed his weapons (Had 1 kg worth of items; map, compass, watch & radio) and could only run 1 1/4 mile (2km) before my character went prone. The Army Personal Fitness Test requires the individual to run 2 miles (3.22km). Suffice to say, the person shouldn't be falling on his face, let alone blacking out, at 2 or even 4 miles without any gear.

I have gone back through the pages and am unable to find an answer. Have dedicated server set up running ace, but I get the annoying green box popping up 'Ace has detected a version mismatch between client and server'. The server has 1.13 and I have 1.10.

I know I can upgrade but I would like the ability of having players without the exact version joining.

I have set the ace_Serverconfig line to read #define VERSIONING_LEVEL 0, uncommented of course.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Can I assume the above hotfix is the answer to my question?

Does anyone know how to drop GBU-12 bombs? I see laser designed but I can't lock the target.

You don't lock on to the laser, the bomb automatically falls to the target with the following provisions:

1. The bomb has line of sight to the laser mark

2. The bomb is going to land closeish to the target (It isn't like vanilla where the bomb will practically do a 90 degree turn to get to the target, its realistic.)

3. The bomb has time to make corrections

Some tips would be to drop in a high altitude dive or use Blake's PINS mod.

when i saw what this mod does i was thrilled.the problem is i am a newcomer not only to mod but in arma series to and even if i have read the mod documentetion i cant understand 2 thing.

1 can this be used in singleplayer too

2 is the use of Zeus AI advised by the ace team or veterans players

3 will this work with the beta patch

Edited by bill2505