1. Yes, with good effect. There might be some rare problems (namely with explosives).

2. No, Zeus AI is obsolete and actually hampers the AI, if memory serves.

3. Yes. :)

In fact, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, the beta is required.

ACE also has its own Ai enhancements in it anyway. ;)

1. Yes, with good effect. There might be some rare problems (namely with explosives).

2. No, Zeus AI is obsolete and actually hampers the AI, if memory serves.

3. Yes. :)

thanks for the answer

about singliplayer will those problems be game breaking .when you mean with explisives you mean that they dont work

or they may be some small glitches

also all those features the mod has apply to sp as well?

Some SP Missions that are not designed with ACE in Mind can be indeed unplayable with ACE. Happened only once for me with a custom Mission where you have to stop a armored column with Javelins (Javelins are quite different in ACE compared to vanilla). But something like this can be solved with very basic editing knowledge. Generally you should be fine in SP. ACE Features do apply to SP, so if you are going to shoot an AT Launcher, make sure that nobody is behind you!.

YOu might consider giving ASR AI Skills a try. Its an AI Mod that further enchances the ACE AI

So, with ArmA 3 likely being pushed back to Q4, is ACE still going to stay in maintenance mode, or is there a chance for new features?

So, with ArmA 3 likely being pushed back to Q4, is ACE still going to stay in maintenance mode, or is there a chance for new features?

Valid Question, you guys must stay in training after all^^

Nothing will change, means we won't add new features to the ACE OA version anymore.

(Sickboy always wants to write long novels therefore I'm faster :D)

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

For now our plans still stand, the delay came not really unexpected - initial targets are hardly ever met :-), but let's see how things develop.

Only hotfix commitments means we have time to breath, plan, and focus on working on solid foundations for the future.

Some may already bleed through to current ACE, like the recent version situation improvements.

Also we are eagerly anticipating the introduction of Java to Take on Helicopters, and a better compatibility of A2/OA addons with TOH.

If anything, we would probably release an update to support ACE in TOH - making use of the new TOH features, and at the same time start experimenting with the Java features.

For myself, I will need all the time I can get to work on Six Updater and the major plans I have for it for 2012 and beyond (ARMA 3 etc).

The recent significant performance improvements are only the tip of the ice-berg ;-)

Edited by Sickboy

Some SP Missions that are not designed with ACE in Mind can be indeed unplayable with ACE. Happened only once for me with a custom Mission where you have to stop a armored column with Javelins (Javelins are quite different in ACE compared to vanilla). But something like this can be solved with very basic editing knowledge. Generally you should be fine in SP. ACE Features do apply to SP, so if you are going to shoot an AT Launcher, make sure that nobody is behind you!.

YOu might consider giving ASR AI Skills a try. Its an AI Mod that further enchances the ACE AI

ok thanks for the answers. i will download it imedietly.

about asr ai mod i try to install it but it doesnt have info about installing in ace mod only in arma 2 vanillia

from what i understand i should do this

1 install the asr ai addon folder to ace addons

2 install the user config to ArmA 2\userconfig\ace

am i right . also in the asr ai folder there is a folder named keys . what i do with this

Edited by bill2505

ok thanks for the answers. i will download it imedietly.

about asr ai mod i try to install it but it doesnt have info about installing in ace mod only in arma 2 vanillia

from what i understand i should do this

1 install the asr ai addon folder to ace addons

2 install the user config to ArmA 2\userconfig\ace

am i right . also in the asr ai folder there is a folder named keys . what i do with this

Replied in correct thread.

Note that step 2 is wrong.

For now our plans still stand, the delay came not really unexpected - initial targets are hardly ever met :-), but let's see how things develop.

Only hotfix commitments means we have time to breath, plan, and focus on working on solid foundations for the future.

Some may already bleed through to current ACE, like the recent version situation improvements.

Also we are eagerly anticipating the introduction of Java to Take on Helicopters, and a better compatibility of A2/OA addons with TOH.

If anything, we would probably release an update to support ACE in TOH - making use of the new TOH features, and at the same time start experimenting with the Java features.

For myself, I will need all the time I can get to work on Six Updater and the major plans I have for it for 2012 and beyond (ARMA 3 etc).

The recent significant performance improvements are only the tip of the ice-berg ;-)

I like where you are going! its better to have a solid foundation! and perhaps make ace more modular so people can choose how they want to set up ACE instead of: we MADE ace and this is how WE want you to play it!

I thing that I would have liked in ACE are some more bluefor air assets! F16/f22/something more! to sort of balance all the su's on the russian side!

overall 9-/10 ! I enjoy ACE alot!

Thanks, glad you enjoy it!

But ACE is like any other mod; a product of people, free time, and the lot; you can provide feedback, but at the end of the day we'll do how we see fit :)

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Goals_and_Scope

Anyone has the right to do the same ;-) And nobody is forced to play it, there are also quite some settings available for SP, MP, settings dialog, mission makers (modules etc).

Re the assets you mention; those are available already throughout the community, and should work fine along side ACE. Also adding more assets seems somewhat contradictive to more modularity ;-)

If anything i'd vote for more OPFOR assets :)

Additionally, many great community addons are available alongside ACE on Six Updater, or any other community download site.

Edited by Sickboy

Made a ticket on DH because ACE stamina is wrong.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28538

Basically I dropped a US Soldier light down, removed his weapons (Had 1 kg worth of items; map, compass, watch & radio) and could only run 1 1/4 mile (2km) before my character went prone. The Army Personal Fitness Test requires the individual to run 2 miles (3.22km). Suffice to say, the person shouldn't be falling on his face, let alone blacking out, at 2 or even 4 miles without any gear.

Does that test include running at a speed of 20km/h? I think not... :(

On the Stamina issue, its changed allot. That being said (who cares..) you can "manage" around 39kg with the current stamina. But will be hard pressed to walk with 65kg+. And recovery is really really slow.

We can't run at anything less than 20 kmh.

Which is the root of the problem. Since we can "run" at that speed, somebody in there wisdom thinks that that is real life and we get real life penalty's... This is ARMAverse, not a real life running sim, and should be adjusted to the reality of ARMAverse. I would like a bit more stamina back for the fun of the game.

Edited by kklownboy

how do you change laser designator channels in the A10? the ctrl shift Q is not working! in the apache it works fine!

dropping bombs is harder then in the dcs a10c simulator...

It is much harder in Takistan, but with practice and good methods you should hit the target with LGB's everytime even from 2000m above and 3km away from the target. (we actually hit a target from 4km away with a plane at 6km on Chernarus!)

How? I can't even get an AI A-10 to drop a GBU when I'm painting a target with the SOFLAM. It just flies around and acts as if its going to drop one. I got it to work a few weeks ago but now I can't figure out for the life of me why it's not working anymore

Its probably because the pilot cannot get a lock on the laser target, even though the bomb would hit anyways. Ai is weird like that.

Sickboy, is the damage model different in ace then in vanilla? Cause somehow i can't seem to destroy targets with mando missile..

Thats what i love about you guys, you answer so quick, thx a lot. But shouldn't mando work with that damage system, or do i have to turn it off globally for my mission?

After running the latest ACE hotfix (r524) and the associated CBA (r177) we've experienced some rather major slowdowns. Low FPS even in the simplest missions. Anyone else?

edit: appears to be a memory leak of some sort. FPS drains away, memory usage increases.

-k

Edited by NkEnNy

After running the latest ACE hotfix (r524) and the associated CBA (r177) we've experienced some rather major slowdowns. Low FPS even in the simplest missions. Anyone else?

edit: appears to be a memory leak of some sort. FPS drains away, memory usage increases.

-k

Yep: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28660