I'm looking at how my PINS addon works with ACE. One aspect I use is the fireattarget to allow an aiming pipper with unguided bombs. When running with ACE this functionality fails. Do you know if their is something in ACE that would prevent this command allowing the unguided bombs from being able to use the fireattarget command? If so is there a way of disabling or changing this feature in a script?

Thanks Blake.

Since the latest hotfix a few of our members have found that they have serious stamina issues such as blacking out whilst walking over distance, with only 20-30kg's of weight. Currently trying to replicate this with other users, however it seems like an error on their end. They are re-downloading @ACE and re-running Aceclippi before we try to replicate the error again before posting it as a bug with RPT's and a mission. A quick question, is stamina etc calculated clientside? As it seems odd that only a select few had issues that seemed impossible to reproduce for others, and that they had the issue with varying loadouts and in various unit slots that others had no problems with.

-Cpl Taylor/Shorty :)

Hey shorty, how you been mate ;-)

Stamina is indeed client-side. I reckon them boys with errors have not yet updated to the latest version.

In case they have, looking forward to your ticket with details!

---------- Post added at 09:27 ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 ----------

APACHE LOAL modes not working at all!

correct me if I am wrong:

human pilot, ai gunner, LOAL DIR, 114K + human spotter = HITS whatever targeted?

the hellfires just go straight no matter what mode I am in! is that because its a AI gunner?

How about you be the gunner and report back?

Create a ticket when you've confirmed issues; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

---------- Post added at 09:28 ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 ----------

I'm looking at how my PINS addon works with ACE. One aspect I use is the fireattarget to allow an aiming pipper with unguided bombs. When running with ACE this functionality fails. Do you know if their is something in ACE that would prevent this command allowing the unguided bombs from being able to use the fireattarget command? If so is there a way of disabling or changing this feature in a script?

Thanks Blake.

Could very well be. Probably can't override the behavior with scripts other than controlling the missile manually. Perhaps create a ticket with details, repro, etc.

Do I have to update ace2 by six updater or the latest version of ace2 is avalivablebable(I hate this word) on armaholic.com?

Yes, you'll have to use SU to get the latest hotfixes.

Yo Sickboy, All good here. Shame 6thSense are all but gone now.

Anyway I've talked to the lads about rechecking their updates, redownloading userconfig and running the clippi again etc. We'll have a thorough test on Wednesday evening and hopefully all issues should be clear.

Cheers

-Taylor

Yo Sickboy, All good here. Shame 6thSense are all but gone now.

Anyway I've talked to the lads about rechecking their updates, redownloading userconfig and running the clippi again etc. We'll have a thorough test on Wednesday evening and hopefully all issues should be clear.

Cheers

-Taylor

Cheers mate, hopefully that'll resolve things. Viva la 6thSense is living under-ground currently, we shall meet again, in the future ;-)

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

ACE Classlists updated to latest ACE 1.13 incl hotfixes!

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Classlists

APACHE LOAL modes not working at all!

correct me if I am wrong:

human pilot, ai gunner, LOAL DIR, 114K + human spotter = HITS whatever targeted?

the hellfires just go straight no matter what mode I am in! is that because its a AI gunner?

I already created a ticket on this issue. Same thing happens when you use he cobra. For some reason HF flight modes don't work properly when you use an AI gunner. Hopefully a fix is found

Hey there, i got a question:

Is there an ACE feature, that possibly turns off the marker/cursor that you get instead of a crosshair when u select an AI , like on the pic below?? I need it, cause i always use that kind of Marker which looks like an L , like on that wall, you tell the ai to go on a specific position..

http://imageshack.us/f/716/picerrork.jpg/

Maybe i accidently screwed something up in the code or so. I did not touch server settings for difficulty. I really can't figure out why it's gone

lastone.png

Hi, the picture I posted above is from ACE_M119 artillery computer. I wonder why it says Reset instead of Azimuth where I have the red arrow pointing.

Edited by Foxhound
moved to correct topic

Anybody else has this bug ?

* Animation config, prone AI was getting stuck after healing, fixes #27397 [Robalo]

This was fixed with 523, but ever since i updated to 527 it's happening again.

Maybe it's something wrong on my end ?

That's a bug from the last version or so. Update via SixUpdater et voila, c'est fixed.

artillery comp. or my question?

The artillery seems bugged. Before the latest update, I was able to actually hit the target, now with the collimator and the reset shown instead of azimuth, the gun is off target if correctly aligned with the collimator. And I always have an issue shifting the gun via the action menu. I get stuck and can't even quit the game (have to force close in the task manager). The roation with the CSW menu is the only option that works but is unprecise. Did not find any bug report about that, so maybe something is wron on my end.

Hi guys i hope ive posted this in the right place.

Anyway, after installing ace2 im unable to move or drag cargo or hook the sling rope. Have i got to edit a file in the config bit & also where do i find the cfgVehicles?

Many thanks in advance

Andy

Does anybody else get serious script lag on ACE scripts since 527 on 89223 beta?

- Any scripts from ACE are retarted after some minutes of play. Especially I experience it on healing, but also on grenade throw and some other scripts I don't remember. Definitely something happened with the scripts since I played a mission, I played before on build 522 and one or two beta builds back. And everything worked flawlessly back then. Now the FPS are ok, but the scripts start working after 20-40 seconds and sometimes are interrupted for another 20-30 secs then continue to work.

So anyone else had the same problems?

Hello everyone.

I am in need of help. I've been having issues for sometime with ARMA2 CO. Yesterday i decided to uninstall everything and re-install it. I also downloaded six updater and ARMA 2 Launcher. i've only added a few mods and addons and they are showing as present in my missions editor. 6updater said it has updated ACE but it still shows in the game as needing a newer version and to top it all of ACE isn't even loading/working even though it is within the target and on the launcher. I have assigned the right keys for interaction but no options are appearing and i have altered the client config to my profile name. I'm really pulling my hair out and just don't no what to do. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Hi guys,

I have a question related to the ballistic. I disabled the wind by modifying the ace_sys_wind_deflection.pbo so I get a constant crosswind, e.g. 0 or 1 m/s. I made some long-range shoots at targets (1500-1800m) and something strange happened: The bullet trajectory differs! I have no idea why. Sometimes I can hit the target, sometimes I miss it. Is it the ArmA-Engine or is it on purpose (maybe coriolis effect or warm/cold barrel?)

What weapon were you using? Even the TAC-50 might have a hard time hitting targets accurately at those distances, even if you account for everything correctly. Also, keep in mind that at such extreme ranges, every small error you make in range estimation can make a big difference in how much you miss the target.

I used the M82 and the TAC-50, I zeroed the target and aimed for the heart. Sometimes I hit the shoulder, stomache, head, ground etc. I guess this is real, mh? I thought when we eliminate the wind, the bullet will hit the same spot every time. Guess I'm wrong :-/

The artillery seems bugged. Before the latest update, I was able to actually hit the target, now with the collimator and the reset shown instead of azimuth, the gun is off target if correctly aligned with the collimator. And I always have an issue shifting the gun via the action menu. I get stuck and can't even quit the game (have to force close in the task manager). The roation with the CSW menu is the only option that works but is unprecise. Did not find any bug report about that, so maybe something is wron on my end.

To exit the turning of the gun via Action Menu: Press Z, X, or C, or in other words, try changing your stance.

One thing you need to make sure is that the reset states "800" and the Common Deflection when the gun is first placed is at 3200mils. I ran into this issue when teaching our artillery course over at TacticalGamer, some why all the guns had suddenly had their deflection set at 4000 and their reset at 0. When I corrected that issue, the guns were on target.

I used the M82 and the TAC-50, I zeroed the target and aimed for the heart. Sometimes I hit the shoulder, stomache, head, ground etc. I guess this is real, mh? I thought when we eliminate the wind, the bullet will hit the same spot every time. Guess I'm wrong :-/

That would mean a weapon with perfect accuracy, which does not exist in the Arma/ACE world :)

Anyway, make sure to deploy the bipod too. For the wind, you don't need to alter the pbo, just use the in-game ACE Settings.

[hint]Dispersion[/hint]

Anyone know how to enable the view distance and clutter settings in the ACE menu ingame?

Been looking around on the WAGN for ages and nothing..