the AH6J DAGR/FLIR gives an script error when I launch the game!!!!

so recreate it yourself and F I X it XD

love the mod gents! why are there not more vehicles in ace that are created by other modders?

F16 comes to mind among countless others!

No problems with that unit here. I suggest you need to create a ticket with repro steps. First you need to run with just vanilla + ACE to ensure another mod is not causing issues.

Read here how to report bugs: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting
love the mod gents! why are there not more vehicles in ace that are created by other modders?

F16 comes to mind among countless others!

Because you can download and use them side by side, 250+ mods are available next to ACE on Six Updater www.six-updater.net/p/about.html

i know there are enough mods! but the thing is! people are having a hard time as it is getting ace to run properly! if they also need to get other islands/mods it almost gets impossible for the 30+ age group!

and regarding this bug:

I AM running it vanilla + ace and I just place that mh6j DAGR/FLIR in the editor and launch it!

RPT:

Error in expression <lect 0 } else { _this }; _pos = (_this) select 1; _unit = (_this) select 2; ;
if>
 Error position: <select 1; _unit = (_this) select 2; ;
if>
 Error Zero divisor
File x\ace\addons\sys_air_fcs\fnc_loop.sqf, line 4
[6569,81.159,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]
[6569,81.208,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=0.8.3.175, ace=1.13.0.522, acex=1.13.0.353, acex_ru=1.13.0.64, acex_usnavy=1.13.0.67, "]
[6569,81.265,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=true, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=2, BIS_functions=L 1-1-A:1, group=L 1-1-A, player=B 1-1-A:1 (Belgarion), _playerType="US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1", _playerGroup=B 1-1-A, _playerVehicle=B 1-1-A:1 (Belgarion), _playerVehicleType="ACE_AH6J_DAGR_FLIR""]

did the script to spawn folded AH-1Zs change with ACE? I cant any of the variants (both desert and regular) to spawn folded anymore. The Osprey and the Venom still work. This is what im putting in the init line:

_xtype = [this,1] execVM "\Ca\air\Scripts\AH1Z_fold.sqf"

Make sure you're not trying it on the AH-1W.

just reverified. Tried on AH-1Z (AGM-114, desert and standard) and AH-1Z (FFAR/AGM-114, desert and standard)...empty and occupied. Will not spawn folded. MV-22 and UH-1Y still work :-/

i just wanna see if anyone else has the issue or if im the only one before i create a ticket so as to prevent the ACE team from trying to fix a possible non-existant problem.

EDIT:

loaded game without ACE, went into editor, placed folded AH-1Z (verified it was in folded animation by previewing mission), saved mission, then loaded game back with ACE, opened previously saved mission, and the same AH-1Z was spawned not in folded animation

Edited by islesfan186

At a guess I'd say it is because ACE cannot modify the ARMA2 content but are instead using modified ARMA1 MLODs for the AH-1Z (which don't have the fold anim).

EDIT:

Has ACE changed/removed any classnames for magazines recently? I'm getting this from a custom ammocrate addon:

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.'.
Warning Message: No entry '.picture'.
Warning Message: '/' is not a value
Warning Message: No entry '.scope'.
Warning Message: Error: creating magazine  with scope=private
Warning Message: No entry '.displayName'.
Warning Message: No entry '.displayNameShort'.
Warning Message: No entry '.nameSound'.
Warning Message: No entry '.Library'.
Warning Message: No entry '.libTextDesc'.
Warning Message: No entry '.type'.
Warning Message: No entry '.count'.
Warning Message: No entry '.maxLeadSpeed'.
Warning Message: No entry '.initSpeed'.
Warning Message: No entry '.reloadAction'.
Warning Message: No entry '.modelSpecial'.
Warning Message: No entry '.ammo'.

There was no error before and I haven't changed the addon itself since late October and I'm trying to figure out what it could be. It seems like it is trying to make a magazine with the name " ".

Edited by Hellfire257

@Hellfire make sure you have the latest hotfixes by running Verify and Repair in Six Updater

---------- Post added at 10:32 ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 ----------

i know there are enough mods! but the thing is! people are having a hard time as it is getting ace to run properly! if they also need to get other islands/mods it almost gets impossible for the 30+ age group!
Sorry but that's bull.

To install/update ACE and start the game with the modfolders:

ONCE: Install Six Updater

1. Start Six Updater

2. Click "Install or Update and Startgame"

Repeat step 1 and 2 whenever you want to update or play ACE. It cannot be easier, simple as that.

Using more mods through Six Updater is:

1. Select Mods in Mods datagrid

2. Right click, Add to Preset

3. Install or Update and Startgame

It cannot be much easier than that, apart from having pre-configured presets so that only an admin has to manage the configuration, and users just have to click a link to get the correct preset loaded up.

See http://www.six-updater.net/p/communities.html for a list of registered communities with these configuration files.

As server admin, spend once 30 minutes up to an hour on http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup and all players on your servers are setup for good, and with a lot of ease.

1 mod, 5 mods, 50 mods or even more, it makes no difference when using Six Updater.

Edited by Sickboy

I have a small problem.

When we try to destroy a target who is designate by a team mate. The GBU won't hit the target if the laser code is not 1001.

When we are doing the test, we are using ACE 1.13 and the Harrier in the other side, we don't have any problem with the laser guided hellfire.

Thanks in advance for your help.

@Hellfire make sure you have the latest hotfixes by running Verify and Repair in Six Updater

---------- Post added at 10:32 ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 ----------

Sorry but that's bull.

To install/update ACE and start the game with the modfolders:

ONCE: Install Six Updater

1. Start Six Updater

2. Click "Install or Update and Startgame"

Repeat step 1 and 2 whenever you want to update or play ACE. It cannot be easier, simple as that.

Using more mods through Six Updater is:

1. Select Mods in Mods datagrid

2. Right click, Add to Preset

3. Install or Update and Startgame

It cannot be much easier than that, apart from having pre-configured presets so that only an admin has to manage the configuration, and users just have to click a link to get the correct preset loaded up.

See http://www.six-updater.net/p/communities.html for a list of registered communities with these configuration files.

As server admin, spend once 30 minutes up to an hour on http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup and all players on your servers are setup for good, and with a lot of ease.

1 mod, 5 mods, 50 mods or even more, it makes no difference when using Six Updater.

that is true for some! i find that nothing is easier then six but my clan still only uses six updater to update and download the mods and then uses arma2 launcher to launch the game ..................................

thats my program i face! i spend hours and hours using teamviewer to help set up six updater!

but those 2 links for server admins i am definately going to read and set up!

Cheers, if your guys are having so much issues with SU, and you're spending so much hours on support, perhaps it's about time to write some bug reports and suggestions/feedback; http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html :)

Unless the main issue is not using the CustomRepo features yet ;)

Edited by Sickboy

its not having problems! just that they are complete eggheads! and can barely operate there pc :D

then you program is very hard to get used too :D

Hi,

I am trying to put together an MSO mission that is pure ACE and would like to turn off the R3F_Logistics module. However, I can't figure out if I am able to tow an ACE M119 artillary gun using the tow ropes. So far I have been unsuccessful in my attempts. I am using an HMMWV Utility as the TOWER and the ACE tow ropes as normal but I don't get an 'attach rope to towed' option on the M119.

I have looked at the documentation and looked around the internet and cannot find a method or an out and out 'no'.

1. Is it possible?

2. If not, how would one go about moving this equipment to somewhere useful using ACE?

I could just leave R3F_Logistics on, but it's a bit confusing having two logistics modules running (although they don't seem to interfere with each other).

If this is a bug I'll raise it, but at this moment I am just not sure if it's a feature of ACE or not!!

Hi,

I am trying to put together an MSO mission that is pure ACE and would like to turn off the R3F_Logistics module. However, I can't figure out if I am able to tow an ACE M119 artillary gun using the tow ropes. So far I have been unsuccessful in my attempts. I am using an HMMWV Utility as the TOWER and the ACE tow ropes as normal but I don't get an 'attach rope to towed' option on the M119.

I have looked at the documentation and looked around the internet and cannot find a method or an out and out 'no'.

1. Is it possible?

2. If not, how would one go about moving this equipment to somewhere useful using ACE?

I could just leave R3F_Logistics on, but it's a bit confusing having two logistics modules running (although they don't seem to interfere with each other).

If this is a bug I'll raise it, but at this moment I am just not sure if it's a feature of ACE or not!!

Not sure about the ACE side of things, but to disable R3F, navigate to this folder once you have de-pbo'd it:

......\your_mission name.takistan\support\modules\R3F_logistics

Find the file called R3F_LOG_disable_enable.sqf and comment out the following line:

#define R3F_LOG_enable

So it looks like this:

//#define R3F_LOG_enable

That should do it.

Not sure about the ACE side of things, but to disable R3F, navigate to this folder once you have de-pbo'd it:

That should do it.

I have managed to disable R3F, but thanks anyway. I am just going through everything to make sure that I am still logistically enabled. Moving this gun is the only problem I have come across.

Hopefully one of the ACE gurus will tell me how they move their guns!

Yes, remote detonation work fine on both satchels and IEDs.

Sorry to bring this back up. I can't seem to get a satchel to remote detonate when it's attached to a vehicle. I tired a couple of ways.

Method 1

I place a satchel.

Look at the satchel, I get Take Satchel, Set Timer, Attach Clacker.

I choose attach clacker.

I can then safety off and then touch off but I can't attach it to a vehicle (only disarm satchel appears in the menu).

Method 2

I place a satchel.

Look at the satchel, I get Take Satchel, Set Timer, Attach Clacker.

I choose Set Timer 2 mins.

I then choose ARM

I then get an option to attach the satchel.

I run to a safe distance, but get no option to remote detonate. After two minutes the satchel explodes.

Is it by design that a satchel can no longer be attached and remote detonated? If not, I'll raise a ticket.

Chicken / Egg, just put things in a ticket and link it back here, in this case perhaps start with a Support ticket.

Hi,

1. Is it possible?

They don't really interfere that much but if you really do want to get rid of R3F log and arty check the editors guide https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I14cKzGmNVulV8Z1WF2V654EN4axLqZOxKHc4iaYqJw/edit?authkey=CIjCvNgH&hl=en_GB

or i can chuck you in a skype chat with wolffy and tupolov (MSO creators) if you want (PM me your skype name if you want)

Edited by Scarecrow398
added guide

@Scarecrow - thanks. Disabling R3F is not a problem - just a config change. I actually am trying to work out if it is possible to move an artiliary piece in ACE. If you can't do this in ACE then I will put R3F back as you can tow the M119 using this. They do seem to work OK together, but it's just neater to have one running!

@Sickboy - I'll raise a ticket for the satchel charges. I wrote an MP mission a while back that JUST used satchel charges (the idea was to blow up vehicles), so I know that it used to work! Having never blown anything up IRL (on purpose anyway!) I am not sure if this was a realism change or not.

EDIT ---> Ticket raised for Satchel Charges!

Edited by Jedra

@Jedra

I think the only way to transport the m119 in ace is to use slingloads.

@Jedra

I think the only way to transport the m119 in ace is to use slingloads.

OK thanks!

Can I put requests in for ACE in Arma3 yet SB ;-)