Sign in to follow this  
maruk

Arma 2:OA 1.60 Release Candidate

According to the first post, a new RC is in the works. Hopefully it will be released soon. :)

Aside from the bugs plaguing the RC, the overall quality of the game has made a huge leap forward in almost all areas (MP, visuals, performance, AI etc.) since 1.59, which is absolutely awesome.

Drefrag not help me...

BIS HELP ME!!!

It kinda tells ya at the start of the thread mate

"Beware: there was already identified a problem with the RC which can cause decreased performance, esp. with Vista or Windows XP OS. The "dll" folder, which should be located in the same folder as the game executable, is missing in the distribution. As a temprary workaround, until we release a new RC, you can either use the public beta with conjunction with this RC, or you can copy the dll folder from the beta from Expansion\beta to the game directory."

It kinda tells ya at the start of the thread mate

"Beware: there was already identified a problem with the RC which can cause decreased performance, esp. with Vista or Windows XP OS. The "dll" folder, which should be located in the same folder as the game executable, is missing in the distribution. As a temprary workaround, until we release a new RC, you can either use the public beta with conjunction with this RC, or you can copy the dll folder from the beta from Expansion\beta to the game directory."

i not have beta!!!

i not have beta!!!

Then fucking download it. It takes 2 minutes!!!!

Btw. the latest beta supersedes the RC, so basically you should run the beta executable. (Check out the new link that is created in the Arma2 directory after installing the beta. "Launch Arma2 OA beta".)

In 2D editor,I saw 'cycle' Waypoint draws line to unit automatically.

What does it stand for?

It helps you to realize what the waypoint will actually do in the game. Ie go to the closest waypoint available instead... It makes the Cycle waypoint much more intuitive now.

If the closest is the unit starting position, Cycle waypoint will make the unit move where it started and perform all waypoint all over again and again...

@svenson

RC is beta which contain all data changes and full setup

imagine it as test bed release of the patching process

it helps reveal the 'last minute problems' like signature issues or data packing issues

new beta addressed some of these issues found and could be released cause you can now use RC data+beta

rise fall rise fall until just fly

Then fucking download it. It takes 2 minutes!!!!

Btw. the latest beta supersedes the RC, so basically you should run the beta executable. (Check out the new link that is created in the Arma2 directory after installing the beta. "Launch Arma2 OA beta".)

Thanks for an answer, and for "fucking" link...

In realy, it work... I only copy dll folder in ArmAII folder, and launching, not beta, but 1.60RC... In Takistan, this time fps 90-30...

Thankfully I backed up my entire 24GB ArmA 2 folder before applying the RC.

1) Will there be an RC2, or will RC1 + betas be the deal until the full 1.60 is released?

Answer: Looks like there'll be another RC:

IMPORTANT: Several major showstopper problems were already identified in this RC and we are working on new one atm.

2) Will RC2 install on top of RC1?

3) Once full 1.60 is out, will there be instructions as to how to apply it if an RC has been installed? Will we be expected to a) uninstall/reinstall A2/OA (no f*@#%##$g way) or b) delete A2 directory and replace with backup before installing patch? Or c) will cool upgrade tech be available to patch RC2 to full 1.60 like there was to patch ToH beta to full release? (That would be AWESOME).

Edited by OMAC

they in already (or are supposed to be in 1.60 RC1) at least the two resolved ones

We will try to make RC2 and final 1.60 done in such way that it would work also on top of RC1. In any case, we are going to provide instructions how to make transition from RC1 as smooth as possible.

2) Will RC2 install on top of RC1?

3) Once full 1.60 is out, will there be instructions as to how to apply it if an RC has been installed? Will we be expected to a) uninstall/reinstall A2/OA (no f*@#%##$g way) or b) delete A2 directory and replace with backup before installing patch? Or c) will cool upgrade tech be available to patch RC2 to full 1.60 like there was to patch ToH beta to full release? (That would be AWESOME).

@svenson

RC is beta which contain all data changes and full setup

imagine it as test bed release of the patching process

it helps reveal the 'last minute problems' like signature issues or data packing issues

new beta addressed some of these issues found and could be released cause you can now use RC data+beta

rise fall rise fall until just fly

So to get the most out of it I better install the RC1 and then use the latest

beta? Makes sense.

I want to ask why RC can't update to full patch?

huh? there is no full patch yet

We will try to make RC2 and final 1.60 done in such way that it would work also on top of RC1. In any case, we are going to provide instructions how to make transition from RC1 as smooth as possible.

Excellent. Thank you, Maruk.

Maruk just wrote that they are making sure it will work?

Edited by Sickboy

I just want make sure its not only my install of 1.60RC before i open a ticket.

But does anone else have missiing textures on the roll-over cage of the SOV HMMWV when in driver, commander, gunner or passenger seat looking around in freelook?

But does anone else have missiing textures on the roll-over cage of the SOV HMMWV when in driver, commander, gunner or passenger seat looking around in freelook?

Just checked, I have that too

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/b1396

Edited by ArmAriffic
pic

Yes. It's there since forever. There must be a CIT ticket somewhere about it.

EDIT: Here it is #13852

Edited by Guess Who

Is it possible to run an older 1.60 beta (e.g. 86652) with an installed RC1?

Is it possible to run an older 1.60 beta (e.g. 86652) with an installed RC1?

In general? Yes. But why not running the latest build 86978?

But why not running the latest build 86978?

ACRE support. Some people have RC1 installed, some other dont. They dont want to install RC1 because they cant get on 1.59 servers after this.