Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² All-in-one-Demo + Patch²

Including all other hotfixes hopefully?

Since the configs of the islands have changed, in order to sign the islands I think we need to reissue them (if my understanding of those things is correct). We'll have to see what w0lle feels like doing when he gets back.

Something I've noticed (but can't post to the issue tracker due to log on problems) is that the M197 of the AH-1 doesn't seem to have dispersion nor that camera shake effect. Not sure whether that's a leftover of the ranging tests ;)

On the subject tho, I love the detail on the cobra. Especially the fully modeled cockpit makes it awesome to fly. It's a real beauty :)

EDIT:

Thanks to Sickboy's quick help I could post 2 tickets to the issue tracker.

Edited by Serclaes

Something I've noticed (but can't post to the issue tracker due to log on problems) is that the M197 of the AH-1 doesn't seem to have dispersion nor that camera shake effect. Not sure whether that's a leftover of the ranging tests ;)

LOL. Yeah. I guess the value was left over from OFP or something. The value you were testing was 0.25 milliradians, which is sub 1 moa. I have increased the dispersion 40 times to the m61's accuracy rating of 80% of rounds impacting in 8 mils (which I interpretted as 100% in 10 mils for these purposes). If anyone can find me the accuracy of the m197 itself I would be grateful. I think this should be a good starting point, though.

edit:

Thank you for providing the fact sheet on devheaven. I see that it has the same rating so I'm pretty happy about that. The new values will be available for evaluating the next time we distribute the weapon config (which is a small pbo, so it should be no drama!).

On the subject tho, I love the detail on the cobra. Especially the fully modeled cockpit makes it awesome to fly. It's a real beauty :)

Thank you. I spent a lot of time trying to get it correct... probably too much time :eek:

I successfully completed the Fire Sack coop mission by Sander in SP - awesome. However, I didn't get the little green square in the mission list indicating that I have completed the mission. Why? I had moved all missions into island-specific folder (e.g. arma2/missions/cwr2/everon) to get the mission pictures to display properly. Does that make any difference for the mission completion icon?

------------------------------

Has anyone tried starting up CWR2 using the built-in mod system of 1.60 RC1 + beta:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2067545&postcount=12

I get all kinds of problems trying to deselect CWR2 if I do that:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2068196&postcount=25

Edited by OMAC

Is seems you can only put a single RPG into the Soviet RPG backpack, while I somehow feel like it should hold three - bug or purpose?

Great release, by the way - keep it up! :D

Cheers,

D.

@OMAC

If mission maker dont add two small commands to his mission [activatekey,donekey-more info on bi wiki] you will never see that little green square in mission menu after you finished mission. Its very easy to add them but almost noone do this, so far i found only few missions that after end have this "green square" in mission menu. :)

I'd be very interested in reading critical feedback on the campaign.

As the mission are intended primarily for coop the doneKeys and activeateKey statements were not included, but I can add those in an update. Various missions are to be readjusted anyway once the weather conditions will properly cloud the skies in darkness again.

Regards,

Sander

As the mission are intended primarily for coop the doneKeys and activeateKey statements were not included, but I can add those in an update. Various missions are to be readjusted anyway once the weather conditions will properly cloud the skies in darkness again.

Regards,

Sander

Sander, I would like to personally thank and congratulate you for the

AWESOME

coop/sp missions in your pack. I love them. I have little to no interest in MP, and am playing them in SP. It would make me very, very, happy if you could add those statements in an update. Those little green squares are of outsized importance to me; they show accomplishment!!!!!

As I asked in the patch 1 thread, did you create all of those from scratch, or did you adapt them from OFP? I have never played OFP/Arma 1.

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

I'd be very interested in reading critical feedback on the campaign.

I asked this earlier, but have there been substantial changes to the campaign from patch 1? I played through the campaign with patch 1 and loved it. I know the environments have been improved, and that alone would make replaying the campaign worthwhile, but could you briefly describe any other changes, or point us to somewhere that does?

I asked this earlier, but have there been substantial changes to the campaign from patch 1? I played through the campaign with patch 1 and loved it. I know the environments have been improved, and that alone would make replaying the campaign worthwhile, but could you briefly describe any other changes, or point us to somewhere that does?

The most recent campaign, updated after patch 2 release, has a temporary color filter (until the islands have it by default) to make the mornings and evenings look redder like in OFP, and there are some other minor fixes and æsthetic changes. The biggest change is the Combined Arms mission where the US units now move over the ridge more simultaneously, making the action more explosive and increasing the player's chance of survival.

The first cutscenes and "Flashpoint" mission is now a bit too pink/red. Imho it would be good to see mist ascending from the sea. Something that could fit into time of day and seasonal weather.

The Cobra is crushing into trees because the AI is flying at low altitude and still can't handle this very well. What happens if the Cobra is set to a higher altitude and start to attack from behind players group? Perhaps increase the viewdistance slightly so the Cobra won't fly into a building...

"Combined Arms" mission

- OPFOR seem to be too slow to get in their tanks or just not counter-attacking Regina as intended. Make sure that OPFOR steamrolling into Regina!

Player should run for his life and be happy to see "Mission end". :)

The most recent campaign, updated after patch 2 release, has a temporary color filter (until the islands have it by default) to make the mornings and evenings look redder like in OFP, and there are some other minor fixes and æsthetic changes. The biggest change is the Combined Arms mission where the US units now move over the ridge more simultaneously, making the action more explosive and increasing the player's chance of survival.

Thanks for the info. I'll replay it and report back. Could take me a few days at least.

The missions are created from scratch, but they are intended to evoke the type of missions I liked in the original OFP. In the Flashpoint days I concentrated on addons making rather than mission making.

Regards,

Sander

Sander,

Your coop/SP pack is a true masterwork. Even more so that you made all those missions from scratch. The pack substantially increases the value of CWR2. Excellent job!

:)

Cheers,

OMAC

While I haven't advanced very much in playing the campaign, I spotted some inaccuracies in the the mission "Camping". Those are very small, but since CWR2 is about recreating OFP campaign/mission layout completely accurate, everything must be done to prevent even the most little differences from the original I suppose.

Mission "Camping": 1) Humvee wasn't locked after DA's squad disembarked nearby the forest to scout it. 2) Some units placement inaccuracies: first hostile group we make contact with should be consisted of 3 (not 4) soldiers & the 2nd of a Spetsnaz and a soldier, not a couple of Spetsnazs. 3) [Might be an inaccurate statement... read it at your own risk :P] For some reason after Bormioli, me and commander were injured, Berghoff ordered us to "move to medic and heal ourselves" while medic was already inside a Humvee, so Bormioli got stuck and I had to simply kill him to let the mission continue properly. After executing our dumb AI friend I went aboard and we headed back to Le Moule to finish the job.

There'll be more constructive feedback surely.

Well at the start of "Camping" one can see that the AI has some trouble with pathfinding eg zigzag or slows the speed too much down. The speech volume could be louder. Other than that it felt like CWC...

"Alert"

- sky is a bit too pink/reddish

- at the end the AI had some troubles to get in the truck because of few OPFOR units hiding in the wood

"Montignac must Fall"

- after seizing the town players group didn't get in the truck, AI got stuck on doors, fences and between buildings (later the truck drove to Provins and mission continued with a BMP trying to kill all in Montignac)

+ maybe set AI to safe/careless temporarily eg during "getin truck and travel to next waypoint"? Just something to make sure AI is not stuck or occupied with themselves. :)

I guess the small "inaccuracys" comes from ofp-elite? In OFP-CWC it was a jeep, not a hmmwv.

Even though I notice things like that I dont mind it.

In Patch #1, I had similar issues with Camping. I can't remember exactly, but an injured squadmate warped back to Humvee, causing confusion and a mission revert. But I'll report back after playing it in patch #2.

The Humvee is a placeholder for the Jeep that doesn't exist in the current version of the mod.

since CWR2 is about recreating OFP campaign/mission layout completely accurate, everything must be done to prevent even the most little differences from the original I suppose.

We aren't being that strict: if a mission can be made to work better in some way, that way will be considered. I don't know where some changes have originated but at some point in the process I will compare the campaign with the original to make sure everything checks out.

Edited by Celery

Also be advised that due to the changes in AI, penetration, animation, etc, that sometimes things must be changed in order to make them function adequately. Some changes are made to take advantage of the enhanced engine. There will be some differences.

That said, if you have any fidelity concerns, it is fair enough for you to bring them up.

And lastly, rest assured that the M151 Jeep will be in all of the missions it is in in OFP in our final mod state. We have a few assets outstanding or in the works, and this demo is made around them, like the last demo was made without the AH-1. Our motorpool will be as close as possible to the original game as we can make it, and I think we have most of the important assets working.

I understand that differences are inevitable because terrains cannot be recreated 100% identically also... So on, so on.

More feedback regarding the campaign:

Montignac Must Fall: Montignac was described as secured while an enemy BMP was still functional, eagerly waiting for someone to show off and get killed. Also, as I remember, an arriving BMP after contact with hostiles in Provins shouldn't be driving away, in the original campaign it was simply taking its position. But, as Max Power stated before, it might because AI isn't the same anymore.

Strange Meeting: It's obvious that some of the condition statements are missing in a trigger which is responsible for Alpha's radio reports to Papa Bear about how far they're from Morton because when I drove the truck with whole group aboard closer to town false messages showed up. AFAIK, they should have appeared after we get out of the forest nearby farm and carefully moving towards Morton through fields. Also, mission can be ended by reaching secret evacuation point much earlier when even Armstrong doesn't know anything about its existence. I understand this as a bug from original campaign, dunno if it must be fixed.

Rescue: it doesn't load up - says it's dependant on deleted downloadable content cwr2_jeeppolice.

Undercover: serious problems with AI pathfinding while moving on the mountains through forests, friendlies seem to be always aware of enemies in Saint Pierre and don't move themselves only bit by bit, from cover to cover. Diagnosis: paranoia :D. It's really bad that they didn't care about reaching the top and I couldn't continue.

What might be helpful - removing enemies from Saint Pierre? Making a simple black out & black in scene with a description "After a while of climbing (or such)..." when all russians around are dead and it's safe to advance further? After black in player would find himself on the top with his group and they will proceed peacefully to the castle.

I thought you based the campaign on elite and that the HMMWV was from there, I never played that campaign but I know there were some differences. Good to know you will still make jeep :)