W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² All-in-one-Demo + Patch²

The Cobra...

It's...

BEAUTIFUL!

Well done! Top quality work there.

Thanks, Hellfire.

It was well researched :)

How do you find the sound effects? (not the weapon sounds).

Be sure to read the readme to find out how to add custom nose art.

@All

I hope you find that this patch increases your enjoyment of the demo. I think it is a more consistent experience all around.

When you find bugs (and you will), please report them to the cbt in my sig (or in the first post). Just read the rules and then click the 'issues' tab to see what's in there already. You can report issues, missing credits (I think there's at least one), or request features (within reason).

If you reported a bug in the first demo and it still remains in this version, please report it again if it's not on our list. Chances are we fixed it, but it was reintroduced due to under-the-hood reshuffling.

Edited by Max Power

I might be the only one, but it has been consistent so I thought I'd report it:

When running CWR2 on either kolgujev or everon my performance gets gradually slower and I eventually lose internet connection. I am no expert but it does remind me of a memory leak. If I stand still it takes longer than if I move around the islands, so my personal theory is that the new vegetation might be at fault. Then again it might be my computer having a hissy fit, but if that is so it is doing it very selectively. ;D

I tried running around on other islands (chernarus et al) and had no adverse effects.

Edited by Hund

The new vegetation is the same as on Chernarus, just with Summer textures.

Kolgujev doesn't have the new vegetation (yet) so it can't be the vegetation models.

In fact, Kolgujev is the same as before just the grass has been replaced with A2 one.

It would be very interesting if others also have this issue. I never noticed it and I spent a lot of time on both Everon and Kolgujev in the past. Only difference is that I haven't used it online.

Where's the donate button? :D

You can send the money to me... I'll um..... pass it over to the team :p

lol jk.

Well its deffo not the vegetation then, as its happened on both islands. I haven't talked to others who have used the new demo yet, so I might be the only one having this problem (in which case I'll have to figure it out on mah lonesome).

Anyways the symptoms are (in order of appearance):

1. Sounds start to cut out (first game, then TS)

2. Game speed gradually slows down to a crawl

3. Connection to internet is cut

4. Desktop is affected, alt-tabbing and changing windows takes longer

Normal arma RAM usage is around 40% RAM used, last i checked I was using 61% RAM in CWR2 - not sure if this is relevant or not

Edited by Hund

Only 3 words

impressive - awesome - outstanding . . . :inlove:

Thank's CWR team. :D

@Gossamer: I've send money to your account 127.0.0.0 :yay:

@Hund: Since CWR2 is an addon, it's most unlikely the addon itself make your trouble. But it can be horrible if used wrong. I would first check Firewalls, both Win and external (routers). Depending of OS, it might also be an issue with rights/properties.

But if you're referring to your latest games at CiA server, it' simple. That server ain't updated yet.

"after montinac" here i go again! My most replayed mission in cwr2 demo (because i can take the hind for a spin) :p

i really like that you guys also include torrent download!

P.S. yet i was hoping for some kind of flash back trailer from kenwort... >.<

@Hund: You might try the previous version of the CWR2 Demo and see if the problem occurs (if you still have it of course). Might lead you somewhere.

"after montinac" here i go again! My most replayed mission in cwr2 demo (because i can take the hind for a spin) :p

i really like that you guys also include torrent download!

P.S. yet i was hoping for some kind of flash back trailer from kenwort... >.<

You might get a real treat for the full release :rolleyes:

The campaign and missions are provided in an extra archive for easier updating:

http://cwr.armedzone.com/files/cwr2_demo_patch2_missions.rar

Got it. Thank you, WOlle and Jedra.

I noticed that the bomberman (cain) and heavymetal (sp05, eden) SP missions from last demo are not present in new version. I assume I should keep the old files in my missions folder? I LOVED those missions, and don't want to lose them.

Can't wait to play the new cobraassault mission! :cool:

Updating to 1.60RC now...... FXAA+tbb4 malloc, baby!

--------------------

Wrong. The allocator dlls weren't included in the RC by mistake, so only windows allocator is being used. Glad I backed up up my a2 folder before installing the RC!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2065800&postcount=8

Copy beta dll folder to root A2 directory to use allocators!

Edited by OMAC

Great work.Mod look more full with this patch

Sounds +++

With Cobra we have full park of vehicle.

Just little notice - i understand , that its traditions and some balance, but what about loaders in US tanks?IMHO, its very strange - do not use this one of new abilities of arma engines.

At all - great thanks for work. Waiting Malden with nogova.

Great work.Mod look more full with this patch

Sounds +++

With Cobra we have full park of vehicle.

Just little notice - i understand , that its traditions and some balance, but what about loaders in US tanks?IMHO, its very strange - do not use this one of new abilities of arma engines.

At all - great thanks for work. Waiting Malden with nogova.

I don't believe the m1a1 or the m60 had weapons for their loader crew, so the positions in our tanks would be pointless. Since the tanks have no interior model, all you would see is a black screen!

From changelog:

FIXED - "Heavy Metal" - crew members that bail out of their tank are be removed from the formation

Heavy Metal scenario is not provided in cwr2_demo_patch2_missions.rar, unless I am somehow missing it. As I wrote above, the bomberman scenario is also missing. ???

Also, have there been any changes to the campaign other than this:

FIXED - Campaign mission "Flashpoint" - In helo conversation does not trigger

I'm debating whether I shall replay the campaign, and was wondering if there are any real gameplay changes, like new missions, changed missions, etc.

Edited by OMAC

I have moved the missing missions into the "Full Mod SP" Folder and obviously forgot we had them in the Demo release. :o

Here they are, I guess you know what to do with the pbo files:

Bomberman

Heavy Metal

Re. the campaign, only Celery can tell what else he did to it.

Until then I would wait with playing it again, because there wasn't too many campaign problems after all.

There are definitely no new missions in the campaign though.

As for the loader positions:

Max is right here, they don't serve any real purpose except you want them to be permanently turned out and operate a machine gun.

If we change it so they can turn in, all the loader will see then is a back hole. Then you would have all complained about this. :p

Edited by W0lle

great patch guys thank u soo much for the lovely addon on the holidays its just great and the ah-1s is just superb thank u maxpower and all the lovely team who worked hard on this great addon

I have moved the missing missions into the "Full Mod SP" Folder and obviously forgot we had them in the Demo release. :o

Here they are, I guess you know what to do with the pbo files:

Thank you, WOlle!!!!! You're the man. Both are just awesome scenarios. I'd add them to the missions pack when you have the chance, especially as there was a fix to Heavy Metal. With the new veg (esp. the grass, which I really like, and looks like it was designed from scratch :)), there is no fps slowdown any more in Bomberman when you use scope and look at the grass. It runs smooth as silk.

And yes, when I played through the campaign using the last demo, I had no problems whatsoever, and loved the mission design. The only suggestion I had for it was this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2016409&postcount=435

Hmm...somehow the campaign missions don't feel that muddy and dirty like BIS made it in CWC. Perhaps re-check the season and weather setting or make it simply somewhat darkish/stormy aka unpleasant? :)

some errors occure eg

- SFX taps not found

- freeze caused by missing Police_Jeep

OMAC - in the 80's and on such remote OFP islands soldiers had to know how to use compass, maps and stars to navigate. What if one of those GPS devices had a malfunction or were jammed by hostile forces? Just learn to navigate without fancy tools - its not that hard and far from rocket science. You can make yourself a waypoint (green) in the map via Shift + mouseclick. ;)

NoRailgunner, thanks for the suggestion, but it's not an issue of navigation. (I live for low-tech orienteering, and am a real-life, compass-only mountain forest bushwhacker.:cool:) I was talking about knowing the exact waypoints that must be traversed to complete a mission successfully. They are only displayed temporarily on higher difficulty settings, and are not displayed on the map, so unless you enter/exit the map to display them again, there is NO WAY to know where to go to complete some of the missions. In A2/OA/ToH, such points are displayed on the map most of the time. Shift+click doesn't help if you don't know where to click! For more info, see

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1975695&postcount=358

and Max Power's reply

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1975828&postcount=359

The "SFX taps not found" issue was also present in the last demo. I can confirm the missing Police_Jeep issue in this release.

Edited by OMAC