Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² All-in-one-Demo + Patch²

That sfx taps issue was solved. And then made it back into the campaign at some point. :p

Can you please tell in which mission(s) the damn Police Jeep is used?

@NoRailgunner

We're aware of that but it's not that easy to catch the exact lightning conditions etc. in ArmA2. We played with filters a while back but couldn't agree on a setting.

But eventually we should look into this one more time.

Please, if you can, make tickets for the problems you encounter here as it's much easier to keep track on what has been fixed already and what not.

Alternatively, collect problems in a text file and send it my way by PM.

Single bug reports here have a good chance not to be seen, or we forgot about them. ;)

Can you please tell in which mission(s) the damn Police Jeep is used?

The jeep is required for the "Rescue" campaign mission (among others). I don't think that mission can be played at all without the jeep.

Edited by OMAC

@OMAC the teamleader usually triggers the waypoint. So keep an eye on him, stick to the team and don't walk or run away. Known and important areas and objects should be marked in briefing. No need to clutter the HUD or map with stuff that is nonrelevant eg every single order one could give/hear.

Another mission issue:

- the "you are leaving the route/area..." message is triggered even if I'm close to extraction/exfil. (SP Cobra mission)

@W0lle "Police_Jeep" issue was After Montignac mission - Resistance fighters killed Guba's soldiers and after some seconds no ending, no continuation - game freezed/no bump file. Just try the campaign and look into rpt file.

Btw the Jeep isn't even in there or hidden (Editor)?

Yes, but if the team leader is killed, you are really screwed. That happened for me on the mission where you have to patrol the forest with your squad. Without waypoints marked on map, there is no way to know where to go without the enter/exit map method. Markers displayed on map are not clutter, they are essential in such a situation. Such markers on the map are not required for every triggered waypoint, just key ones where there is a possibility of something happening (like team leader death) which could cause you to lose your way.

------------------------------

From arma2oa.rpt after attempting to start "Rescue" campaign mission:

== "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -world=empty "-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@CWR2" -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2011/12/02 18:36:41

Version 1.60.86882

Allocator: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll

Mods: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@CWR2

Distribution: 1485

Missing addons detected:

cwr2_jeeppolice

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.cwr2_jeeppolice

Bad simulation thing, type Land_Barrel_water (class=house), ca\structures\misc\armory\barels\barrel_water.p3d

Bad simulation thing, type Land_Barrel_sand (class=house), ca\structures\misc\armory\barels\barrel_sand.p3d

Bad simulation thing, type Land_Barrel_water (class=house), ca\structures\misc\armory\barels\barrel_water.p3d

Bad simulation thing, type Land_Barrel_sand (class=house), ca\structures\misc\armory\barels\barrel_sand.p3d

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

ca\data\library\buoy.p3d: vehicle, config class missing

ca\data\library\buoy.p3d: vehicle, config class missing

-----------------------------

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26786

Edited by OMAC

Another mission issue:

- the "you are leaving the route/area..." message is triggered even if I'm close to extraction/exfil. (SP Cobra mission)

Fixed, there is no area limitation anymore now.

@W0lle "Police_Jeep" issue was After Montignac mission - Resistance fighters killed Guba's soldiers and after some seconds no ending, no continuation - game freezed/no bump file. Just try the campaign and look into rpt file.

Btw the Jeep isn't even in there or hidden (Editor)?

No it's not hidden somewhere. It was used for testing at some point and obviously made its way into the missions by the ambient civilian vehicles module.

We're preparing an updated Missions package right now, so keep the issues coming so the fixes can make it in. ;)

Remember, people, that you can use the left shift+num minus+CAMPAIGN cheat to skip past the problematic missions.

You guys have NO IDEA how awesome this mod looks on a new graphics card. Seriously, amazing job on all accounts! With the few niggling cosmetic bugs that kept grabbing my attention in the last build squashed, I think it's safe to say this is going into my mod rotation pretty much permanently.

Also, the new vegetation on Everon is particularly nice! Especially the wheat. It feels... faster than the older wheat. Like some sort of ultra-optimized speed wheat.

I don't know what those farmers on Everon are using as manure, but it works.

You guys have NO IDEA how awesome this mod looks on a new graphics card.

CWR2 looks awesome on my older card, too! ;)

Lovin' the rainbow in Bomberman! :)

Admittedly, my initial reaction was... slightly less subdued-

wheatb.th.png

"So... how long has he been dancing like this, Sergeant?"

"Three hours."

"And all because of a field of wheat?"

"Far as I can tell."

"Weirdo..."

Nice one, we add this to our media pool if you don't mind :)

It's good to hear that the performance problems on Everon and Kolgujev are gone for everyone. Bushlurker did a great job here, esp. on Everon and the new vegetation.

Haha, I'd be honored! Thank you!

Yeah, even though a lot of my performance woes were probably related to my old ATI 5770, the improvement is still pretty noticeable. In all seriousness, I was REALLY impressed by the look and feel of the vegetation; even though it's a remake of an island from a game released ten years ago, I think CWR's Everon is the most realistic-feeling terrain I've seen yet. The attention to detail is evident, for sure.

The updated campaign (which will be released shortly) will feature a red color filter for twilight missions, making the sky look a bit more like in Operation Flashpoint.

The police jeep errors are of course fixed as well.

Thanks to everyone who has put issues on our community bug tracker. Your participation is making our job of finding and fixing bugs go very smoothly.

If you have found a bug and haven't reported it, please do. It really helps us out, even if the bug is a duplicate.

Nice one, we add this to our media pool if you don't mind :)

It's good to hear that the performance problems on Everon and Kolgujev are gone for everyone. Bushlurker did a great job here, esp. on Everon and the new vegetation.

Forests on Everon give me a noticeable fps drop (to ~30 fps) but it's a price I'm willing to pay for having real forests unlike the ones on Chernarus :>

Bomberman:

ce5157163842476.jpg

f7e165163842484.jpg

Note fps through grass with scope. Vsync on. :-D

Edited by OMAC

First post contains link to updated Missions package.

All recently reported problems should be fixed.

Thanks for reporting all the problems so far. :)

Thanks, guys!

Note that in the updated mission pack there are two bomberman missions in cain:

cwr2_sp_bomberman.cain.pbo

cwr2_sp03_bomberman.cain.pbo

and two for Heavy Metel:

cwr2_sp_heavymetal.eden.pbo

cwr2_sp05_heavymetal.eden.pbo

Are they really different missions? Perhaps one of each is an old version?

Thanks, guys!

and two for Heavy Metel:

My guess is that the ones with sp## are coops. 3 Players in Bomberman and 5 in heavy metal... although that last one seems odd. I might be wrong.

Possibly, although you'd think the coop ones would be in the mpmissions folder.

Based on the new versions WOlle provided earlier today, my guess is that the sp0* versions are old and should be removed. Just a guess.

There is a winter version of bomberman (wcain) as well. Awesome! :D

Edited by OMAC

'Rescue' campaign mission:

1. In the most cases the whole resistance squad gets wiped out by enemies lying near the truck. While from AI point of view this is perfectly logical (ambush the attacker instead of getting killed) it isn't exactly smooth as it requires the player to go there before the squad and not get killed as well. Took me 5 retries to pass this one.

2. After exiting the truck civilians run to the camp, while the squad stays behind waiting for enemies to come (which they do). Don't remember if it was like that in OFP though.

3. When the mission is completed on stat screen I get all text endings (mission complete and 2x mission failed).

Thanks, guys!

and two for Heavy Metel:

Sorry for the confusion, should have written a small readme and removed the old files.

cwr2_sp03_bomberman and cwr2_sp05_heavymetal can be removed, these are the old ones I copied for the inital release from the Mod SP folder.

Lone Wolf at Winter Kolgujev

After blowing up satchels I made my way to the mission exit area - I got the message that I'm straying out as I continued going - some time after which a short cutscene showed me burning vehicles at an enemy base (I planted satchels at the very rear of each vehicle so all should've been destroyed as I've also heard 3 explosions). But the mission didn't end. Simply a black screen without anything.

Me and my mission endings, that's a problem since 2001. :D

Thanks, gonna look at it right now.

cwr2ofp.pbo transmutes 100's and 100's of original ofp classnames to cwr2_equivalents including (some) animations, all buldings, most 'units', many weapons and even sounds.

It is by no means the full answer when upgrading your favorite missions, but will save you hours of agony trying to find out what a soldierAT (etc) is in cwr2. For the most part, you simply leave the mission.sqm as, is and get on with converting the tough stuff.

http://cwr.armedzone.com/files/cwr2ofp.rar

Could be worse: You could be like me, and never finish making a mission.

2006-2011 and I've STILL got no idea how to script a proper dialog sequence. It is my not-so-secret shame...

Hey, by-the-by, if I may ask, I'm a bit curious about what the story is with these fellows. Are they still in the pipeline, or were they replaced by a newer model?

Mind you, I'm perfectly content with what's already on display, (That Cobra. Sweet jeebus.) they just remind me of a

Yeah, Maleshenko was a bastard, but he wore a beret and gave speeches synchronized with jet flyovers; the twelve-year-old in me thinks that is THE COOLEST THING EVER, and I'm inclined to agree. XD