Sign in to follow this  
pauliesss

ARMA 2: OA beta build 86705

And in MP we need it increased due to lack of spotter feedback as he cant say to the sniper where it landed there for telling him what adjustments to make.

I believe if you're shooting AI and miss the first bullet,it (ai) will be aware of the existence of a sniper ...

I'm still waiting proper simulation of sniper rifle where realistically much better optics then in game and much harder to hit target then in game.

I'm still waiting proper simulation of sniper rifle where realistically much better optics then in game and much harder to hit target then in game.

i fear You in wrong section of forum then ... i suggest ARMA 3 or hell even VBS2 2.0 :D

Can someone confirm this:

Gates like they are at the entrances to the vybor airport can't be damaged/opened. An armored vehicle will crush the wall next to the gate, but won't be able to do the same thing with the gate.

Maybe its just a server issue, but with 86705 me and a friend get strange animations/synchronisation if we enter a vehicle or see an animation that is local on another client.

Good example is the healing animation (BIS healing module or derivateslike nsurgency): If you get healed, everything is fine. If you heal somebody else, your animation is horrible synchronised but the rest of the world runs perfectly smooth.

No desync and no FPS loss while seeing such an unsmooth animation.

Can someone confirm this?

.... If you get healed, everything is fine. If you heal somebody else, your animation is horrible synchronised but the rest of the world runs perfectly smooth.

I have this glitch, too.

Gates like they are at the entrances to the vybor airport can't be damaged/opened. An armored vehicle will crush the wall next to the gate, but won't be able to do the same thing with the gate.

Made ticket:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26688

i fear You in wrong section of forum then ... i suggest ARMA 3 or hell even VBS2 2.0 :D

Sorry Dwarden, I thought you discussing issue related to sniper riles in previous posts,never happens again.

Strange, I can... (Build 86705)

But then again, I opened them via Action Menu, not by smashing them with the ATV ;)

740f42161909283.jpg f5364a161909313.jpg 583906161909343.jpg 5227a4161909369.jpg

Overlord is correct the gates function correctly. There are problems with gates and doors though.

If you quit a mission while the gates/doors are in motion then they will no longer function even when you restart the mission. The only way to get them to work again is to load in another map and then back again.

Another problem with gates is damage, try damaging an open gate and it rotates vertically.

Maybe its just a server issue, but with 86705 me and a friend get strange animations/synchronisation if we enter a vehicle or see an animation that is local on another client.

Good example is the healing animation (BIS healing module or derivateslike nsurgency): If you get healed, everything is fine. If you heal somebody else, your animation is horrible synchronised but the rest of the world runs perfectly smooth.

I have some desync in healing (anmation), too.

Sometimes if I tell one of my teammates to heal someone, he tells me he can´t do it (because he is looking at a position for wounded soldier where he was ie. 3 minutes before, that is 30 meters back from his current position).

If I want to heal someone myself sometimes the action isn´t working at all, then sometimes when it works I´m jumping all over the place (10 meters ie.) with the wounded soldier.

can you provide re-production steps and write CIT ticket for the animations desync?

If you quit a mission while the gates/doors are in motion then they will no longer function even when you restart the mission. The only way to get them to work again is to load in another map and then back again.

Nice observation. I was able to reproduce it on Utes easily (setAccTime 0.1 helps to be able to abort in time). Does a CIT ticker already exist? I assume this is something which was already present in 1.59 and before, can someone confirm?

We've got a large scale test of the latest Beta scheduled for tomorrow. Has anyone else experienced lag or rather suttering when using the BIS first aid module?

As a client connecting to a dedicated server and attempting to revive a wounded AI I see a lot of stuttering. FPS is as high as ever however-- its just the animations that seem to stutter. This was not the case in 1.59.

-k

We've got a large scale test of the latest Beta scheduled for tomorrow. Has anyone else experienced lag or rather suttering when using the BIS first aid module?

As a client connecting to a dedicated server and attempting to revive a wounded AI I see a lot of stuttering. FPS is as high as ever however-- its just the animations that seem to stutter. This was not the case in 1.59.

-k

Yes, I have. I wasn't sure about it at first, but it seemed to me that on occasion the first aid anim was skipping frames. It wasn't a framerate issue, I had FRAPS running and it showed me some 30+ FPS, it was just the animation.

I completely forgot to report it :(

IIRC, this issue has been there before, but was gone in later betas.

NKeny / Alwarren - would you mind sharing the link to ticket or create it if not yet available?

Nice observation. I was able to reproduce it on Utes easily (setAccTime 0.1 helps to be able to abort in time). Does a CIT ticker already exist? I assume this is something which was already present in 1.59 and before, can someone confirm?

Nice find, F2k Sel. I just repro'd this in CO 1.59 vanilla (A2 1.10.80665) using the metal gate in Strelka on Utes. In editor, place yourself in Strelka and open gate. Abort mission while open animation is playing. Restart mission and gate will not open again.

Edited by OMAC

Yes, I have. I wasn't sure about it at first, but it seemed to me that on occasion the first aid anim was skipping frames. It wasn't a framerate issue, I had FRAPS running and it showed me some 30+ FPS, it was just the animation.

I completely forgot to report it :(

IIRC, this issue has been there before, but was gone in later betas.

Issue confirmed, introduced in 86697 (when fixing http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26423#note-10), fixed in 86842

No I hadn't done a ticket, I have now though http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26702

It has been an ever present Aram2 -AO- Betas

Observed: AI grenadiers are pointing their rifles skyhigh while moving under enemy contact

Expected: they should point their rifles like any other AI, grenadelauncher pointing/aiming only when using grenades

Observed: AI grenadiers are not using their grenadelaunchers close and in LOS to enemy

Expected: AI should be able to use grenadelaunchers in direct (close) contact (eg 50-100m) and AI should fire grenades through doors/windows

Observed: AI legs/feet jitter when running (watch a AI group running with + without scope)

Expected: smoother transitions, no jitter

Observerd: AI dont use vehicle weapons (main gun, mg, grenade launcher) at buildings/objects if their enemy is in or behind these objects

Expected: more use of firepower against enemy hiding in or behind buildings/objects only restriction should be by mission design/ROE

Give the AI the possibility to utilize weapons + ammo as effective as possible against their enemy (AI/player).

:)

NKeny / Alwarren - would you mind sharing the link to ticket or create it if not yet available?

I was going to make a repro mission, but it seems Suma was quicker :)