Sign in to follow this  
woore

3rd person view in MP : be or not to be? (voting)

Enable or disable 3rd person view in multiplayer?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Enable or disable 3rd person view in multiplayer?

• Fully enable, let it be
    • Enable on vehicles only
    • Enable on vehicles only but without crosshairs
    • Disable for infantry, and vehicles in case of implemented interiors, triplexes, etc.
    • Fully disable

Here is a thread about an old OFP/Arma phenomenon: fully enabled 3rd person view in predominantly 1st person shooter. There was a lot of discussions around it at many forums. But without any result. So, I would like to recommend you to refrain from any discussions, just write, why do you choose any option, if you want.

This poll is about 3rd person view in multiplayer only. If you want, put your suggestion about 3rd view in SP, but, please, refrain from discussions.

If you're interested in any discussions - take a look http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=123089

Interdiction of 3rd person view does not concern specific mission features like COIN interface

Edited by woore

Vote: leave it in. Server admins can force it off if they want.

Hi all

What MadDogX said up to the admin.

Always prefer flexability and common sense over barriers to entry.

Kind Regards walker

_neo_

^this.

Personally i don't like 3rd person view as i feel it gives too much advantage, on the other hand i don't play with head bob and some people think thats an advantage so i say don't remove stuff make them optional/server optional.

do not allow it to be enabled in Veteran/Expert mode.

make ArmA3 veteran servers actualy playable for Veterans.

Having given it a lot of thought: leave fully enabled for SP, and have it disabled by default for MP, but settable by the admin.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

If you're interested in any discussions - take a look http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=123089

Interdiction of 3rd person view does not concern specific mission features like COIN interface

The discussion might as well also carry on here, seeing as it regularly crops up on several threads/forums.

This very thread is after all more-or-less a duplicate of the first linked thread :)

do not allow it to be enabled in Veteran/Expert mode.

make ArmA3 veteran servers actualy playable for Veterans.

And veteran servers wouldn't be playable if it was a server option :confused:

Diddo.

Voted #4 if I have to vote. Should be implemented as 3rdEnabled on a per vehicle position. So maybe driver gets it (if limitations suggests that he should, like on the MTVR/HMMWV CROWE whose side windows can't be used at all), but no other position. Or a bike may get it, if they come with the same shock absorbers as in A2/OA.

I like having it there, it's useful for vehicles and enjoying the views. Anyone that uses it during infantry combat is a pussy, but let them be.

enough said...

The developers said they won't be removing features anyhow. And it's better to leave it settable by admins and whatnot than removing it entirely. Also agreed with everyone who agrees with the original response.

Pretty much what MadDogX said, and everyone who agreed with him. Leave up to server admin. I rarely use 3rd person other than to sight see while riding in a heli, or see if my ACE backpack matches the gear i'm wearing, but for many it has it's uses.

Leave it alone, Sever can specify.

I don't get what is wrong with letting servers have it enabled? To me its a staple feature of OFP that should never change. Whats wrong with using 3rd person anyway?

Edited by -=seany=-

leave things as is. but improve it a bit. so you can define which type of class is allowed to have 3rdp view. man,land,air,sea. this would be the best option in my opinion. so you dont have to mess around with scripts if you want only 3rd view for vehicles.

Whats wrong with using 3rd person anyway?

Gawd don't start this one off again :D

There are very real reasons why people might wish it to be gone, examples like looking over high walls to gain unfair advantage in PvP/TvT games, which I can understand and agree with. But it's not how I use 3rd person, it seems a little draconian to insist on the feature being removed. I think a good initial condition is that 3rd person is enabled for SP play, and disabled by default for MP play, with the server admin having the option to enable it. That way, it's a conscious decision by the paying party and one that joining parties have no right to complain about.

I don't understand what this poll is supposed to achieve.

3rd person view is configurable in the options, and is set by server admins on their server.

Petition the server admins choice or move on to another server with settings you prefer, or set one up yourself?

There is no right or wrong in this, there's only your and other's preferences.

Perhaps a server browser extension that would show what difficulty settings a server uses could be useful so you don't join servers with settings you do not like.

One thing I agree with is forcing 3rd person off in the veteran difficulty setting, as was suggested earlier in this thread (sorry, don't remember by whom). I would also be in favor of servers being filterable by difficulty level, where the "hardcore/veteran" setting is clearly defined (no 3rd person, no crosshairs, ever) and visible in the server browser using a special icon.

This way people who never want to use it can make absolutely sure they never land on a server that does.

Edited by MadDogX

Yup.

Reported this to moderators so they can add an appropriate entry to the otherwise flawed poll.

Leave it in as an option, can't imagine why you want to limit the freedom of choice in Arma...