Sign in to follow this  
woore

3rd person view in MP : be or not to be? (voting)

Enable or disable 3rd person view in multiplayer?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Enable or disable 3rd person view in multiplayer?

• Fully enable, let it be
    • Enable on vehicles only
    • Enable on vehicles only but without crosshairs
    • Disable for infantry, and vehicles in case of implemented interiors, triplexes, etc.
    • Fully disable

I thought most of community want hardcore gameplay, if they paid for simulator. But now I see they aren't..

Umm VBS2 is the simulator, ArmA 2 is a game. And in case your eyes aren't open yet ArmA attracts more than Hardcore players, it also attracts hardcore moddelers, hardcore scripters and in general hardcore modders. For BIS to hard code inflexibility would do more damage to them than good. If your that hung up about it, set up a server and rule over it as you see fit.

Please refrain from discussions...

Ooops sorry.

THREAD /

fully disable it. i dont like to much freedom on the player/admin hands.

fully disable it. i dont like to much freedom on the player/admin hands.

memes-cant-tell-if-trolling.jpg

^Indeed... he is only looking for trouble, just ignore him he doesn't know better ;)

Yes let the groups who play on their own servers decide and let the rest of us who like 3rd person use it on other servers.

All you "FP"ness. Shame.

Down to the server as its always been... fixing it to 1st person doesnt make it less of a game...in real life i have better peripheral and general awareness.. hence why 3rd is used

memes-cant-tell-if-trolling.jpg

yeah because when you use a meme in a serious thread to explain your point of wiev you clearly proved it, you are the most capable of intellectual thoughts ;)

especially if you use a meme to offend and not to explain your idea about the thread argument.

16 players voted for option 5, so is that meaning we are 16 morons unable of intellectual thoughts( ye the statement came from einstein himself)? probably not buddies.

what the 2 kids above are not capable to understand is understandable by many: independently from the fact we are in true or not(which is personal) we are just asking to ourselves(probably or we wouldnt vote for op.5) why we should have a 3d in a realistic first personal shooter?

which is the big difference from a rail gun or a strafe jump or the 3d view?

why we dont add at the game the ability to jump like a rabbit but we allow people the ability to choice the 3d view?

well i see differences between these things, but noone of them will convince me that a 3d view is the proper solution for a wannabe sim bang bang game but the rail gun from quake is out of the contest.both are a bullshit :)

of course i know, since is not a new discussion over there, why the people want the 3d view, but i simply disagree.

i prefer i game more focus and oriented on the sim. that's why i wouldn't leave the ability to enable/disable 3d view, star wars style jets, laser gun, ability to jump ecc. cuz for me is out of the contest.

to many kids around here, you can understand it if you look at how they react

to different ideas and opinions, with memes and no sense suggestions. like kids.

^Indeed... he is only looking for trouble, just ignore him he doesn't know better ;)

the other kid I referred to.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Umm VBS2 is the simulator, ArmA 2 is a game.

yes a game.based on simulation as the bis, not my great mother which has not made this game, claims.

And in case your eyes aren't open yet ArmA attracts more than Hardcore players, it also attracts hardcore moddelers, hardcore scripters and in general hardcore modders.

true. personally( and i know you were not reffering to me) my eyes are so open to let me see which kind of people this game is attracting. noone of them are arcade lovers. and the 3d is an arcade solution.

For BIS to hard code inflexibility would do more damage to them than good. If your that hung up about it, set up a server and rule over it as you see fit.

basically i see a problem when flexibility became a sinonymus of arcade.

dont get me wrong. is not an attack. im just using your post to explain a bit more my point of view. just to avoid a fail attack in the future ;)

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Again, what is the point exactly? You can turn it off if you don't want to play with it.

If someone does want to play with it, who are we tell him he can't?

we could turn off even the bf2 style jump action if it would be added.

im calm, i know you are not a kid. im just asking. why the jump no and the 3d view yes. rethoric question.

do you guys have noticed that you can see around the corners with the 3d view. ye you can, without pressing the lean button.

even in cod, bf2 and ccs the 3d view is not present:rolleyes:

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***

Just leave it as it is. As MadDogX has said, server admins can disable 3rd person view or crosshairs if they wish.

3rd person reflects the peripheral vision that you have in real life and are not present in game as explained by BIS themselves.

If we leave it how it is, everyone gets to play exactly how they want. If we entirely disable it you get to play exactly how you want and everyone else suffers. That doesn't make much sense does it? Arcade or not.

It's cool that you don't like a feature which you can completely ignore. It's uncool that you'd want to deny it to others because you don't like it.

Doesn't it strike you as odd that ArmA and VBS2 (which is about as simmy an infantry engine as you can get) has 3rd person? There must be a damn good reason, right?

arma and vbs didnt had the ability to cross obstacles before they added.

sometimes they forget or simply they cant add a good feature and sometimes they add features which they are not good. mistakes. everyone does.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so let me go straight to the point since noone reached it. is maybe the 5th time i saw this kind of thread, here and on the pr forum. the presumed good reason to justify the 3d presence sounds like: in rl you have a largest viewing angle than on your monitor, so they added this feature to compensate this problem. now the problem is that this solution is even worst than the problem that is trying to fix. because with this retarted 3d view you can see around corners ;) so my personally suggestion is to completely remove this feature.

i'm off.

edit: lol didnt saw your reply.

come on, we dont want no-one to be banned again, do we?

The argument you simply cant beat is: Disable it and play on servers that have it disabled. Its a special wish, so you have special servers for that.

And why argue on a thing that wont be changed anyways?

Well I guess thats just what you call the internet... ^^

It's cool that you don't like a feature which you can completely ignore. It's uncool that you'd want to deny it to others because you don't like it.
Just leave it as it is. As MadDogX has said, server admins can disable 3rd person view or crosshairs if they wish.

k. i want my fkin jetpack on my fkin back. and i will disable it when im pissed off :bounce3:

y-o-u c-a-n s-e-e a-r-o-u-n-d c-o-r-n-e-r-s

with that no sense solution.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

The argument you simply cant beat is: Disable it and play on servers that have it disabled. Its a special wish, so you have special servers for that.

mate i can beat it so easily already done. when a solution is worst of the problem you are trying to fix you might change the solution or you take your time to find another 1.

internet: where the people came to discuss about a sim. game but they want the 3d view ability :j::j:

seriusly guys. have fun with that.

Instead of continuing to advocate for the lost cause of removing 3rd person completely, perhaps it's about time start thinking of a way to improve the situation in a more constructive way? Dwarden has already taken note of the suggestion to allow separate settings for infantry and vehicles, which seems like a positive thing.

Also, I've suggested before that Arma2 servers could be made filterable by difficulty mode, allowing you to get an overview only of the servers that force 3rd person view off. Another possibility would be to advocate the setting being off by default for all difficulty modes (except recruit?), making it an "opt in" feature on most servers and thus ensuring that it isn't simply enabled because the admin doesn't know better.

y-o-u c-a-n s-e-e a-r-o-u-n-d c-o-r-n-e-r-s

so. dont play on 3rdp enabled server. problem solved.

I must say... I cant think of a single simulator I've played that doesnt have 3rd person... Lomac, Black shark, Panzer elite, steel beasts.....

And comparing 3rd person to rocket jumping is just a pointless argument one has nothing to do with the other...

Instead of continuing to advocate for the lost cause of removing 3rd person completely, perhaps it's about time start thinking of a way to improve the situation in a more constructive way? Dwarden has already taken note of the suggestion to allow separate settings for infantry and vehicles, which seems like a positive thing.

ok. sound good. i have suggestion. remove the 3d.

Arma has damn simulation of damn peripheral vision, and it's a good simulation. RTFM.

And there is another discussion with background noise "lock this thread" despite my requests. So,

Yeah, sure. And this server will be empty, because there is only a few skilled players who want to play without 3rd because for now Arma is full of kids because 3rd view. You don't want to read opponent's posts, aren't you?

And then I have a doubt that separate settings for infantry and vehicles will helps. We have a script about it already, and no one use it because server's community usually start to whine "return 3rd back"

Edited by woore

come on, we dont want no-one to be banned again, do we?

Let's hope so :)

His argument is that everything should be as he want it, forget having a discussion with him, he will only drag you down to his level ;)

His argument is that everything should be as he want it, forget having a discussion with him, he will only drag you down to his level ;)

And your argument is that everything should be as you want it. This is called "different opinions", do you know it?

And your argument is that everything should be as you want it.

Erhhm no, like i've already said i don't like 3rd person view enabled so i play on servers which has it disabled, pretty simple :)

You see with 3rd person as a server setting everybody is happy except those who don't want other people to play as they prefere ;)

Don't make me a dictator. And which servers you play at? And they're not empty?

Edited by woore

Don't make me a dictator.

Dictating how other peoples settings should be despite they don't pay for the server...

And which servers you play at? And they're not empty?

Tonight i played AAS PvP on a russian server, there was about +-50 players.

Dictating how other peoples settings should be despite they don't pay for the server...

And other game developers, such as Crytek, Dice are dictators, they're forcing players to play without 3rd view, even if they want 3rd! Man, you must take care about it immidiately.

Ridiculous

Dictators are you, you're bawling "lock thread", preventing people from express their opinion and discriminating your opponents with phrases like "he will only drag you down to his level".

Did I ask you, played you or not on a server? WHICH servers you playing at?

Edited by woore