Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

I think we will have to wait a few months for Apex details. Likely we will get a steady stream of announcements regards EDen soon. Pity though we couldn't get something new.

Patience is a virtue, i am sure some news will appear soon...

• Like 1

Welcome to another great year for Arma 3! In 2016 we'll be releasing the free Eden Update and the Apex expansion, both of which contain their obvious core components as well as a plethora of other additions and improvements. During the first quarter you'll see us focusing on Eden, with plenty of activity on Dev-Branch leading up to the update itself. The second quarter will finally deliver more details on the contents of the expansion. It's also when our window for letting you board your flights to Tanoa opens.

http://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00137

In short:

In 2016 is release of eden update and apex.It will contain core components and other additions and improvements.In first quarter you will see plenty activity on dev branch.

In the second quarter we will release information about content of the expansion.

Will they tell us what components and additions and improvements can we expect to see in first quarter?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Parallax_Map

Pettka edited some stuff on this page today, probably for the upcoming parallax improvements. (Note to myself, I should stop stalking people)

Hmm interesting - it seems they probably fixed the ugly parallax issue from A2 (at least i think so) , that took longer than supposed to

I've no clue about that stuff, does this perchance fix the issue, where the ground would move when you're crawling?

I've no clue about that stuff, does this perchance fix the issue, where the ground would move when you're crawling?

Maybe i dunno , but it should be a lot better than it was

Some more stalking  :D

Geometric occluders (GO) are new feature for improving rendering performance. Their purpose is to quickly filter out rendering of objects that are occluded by other objects. To get most of its benefit, there must be as few of GOs in scene as possible and they should be as big as possible. When there is too much small GOs it may happen that computing occlusion will be more consuming than to render those occluded objects.

• Like 4

Note on that wiki edit:

Added description of the Geometric Occluders technology that is going to hit dev-branch for Arma 3 soon

How Soonâ„¢?
:P

edit. Damn. He's counter-stalking us!

• Like 2

it can bring acceleration in order of hundreds percent especially in crowded town areas.

Sounds quite interesting, maybe this will finally solve/improve the huge performance issues towns have.

Note on that wiki edit:

How Soonâ„¢?

:P

edit. Damn. He's counter-stalking us!

SoonBI time :icon_twisted:

• Like 3

Nice , but i would rather have those hiddenselections for the weapon attachments

Seconded. Plus, animation for attachments and a few extra sources like selected magnification mode and whether or not the user is aiming down sight so that ShortDot's and VCOG could finally be usable.

• Like 1

I am new to ARMA 3. I have not played games since SWAT 3 and HitMan. This game looks good to me and I might learn a few things. I'm a military history buff and a regular long distance shooter. I shoot at 1000yard at ranges here in Texas, using a custom 308win with Vortex Razor 4.5 to 27 EBR MOA scope. I am wondering if you use these resources for development:

1. The Ultimate Sniper by Major Plaster

2. AccurateShooter.com

3. ShooterReady.com

4. AppliedBalistics.com

5. HogSaddle.com

6. https://archive.org/details/milmanual-fm-23-10-sniper-training

I would greatly appreciate some positive response and links to forums relating to the above ideas.

RAP36

It seems that soon we will get another Ambient Occlusion technique: HBAO+

Found this in languagecore_f.pbo after the last DEV update.

<Key ID="STR_A3_OPTIONS_HBAO_PLUS">

<Original>HBAO+</Original>
        <French>HBAO+</French>
        <Spanish>HBAO+</Spanish>
        <Italian>HBAO+</Italian>
        <Polish>HBAO+</Polish>
        <Russian>HBAO+</Russian>
        <German>HBAO+</German>
        <Czech>HBAO+</Czech>
        <English>HBAO+</English>
        <Portuguese>HBAO+</Portuguese>
  • Like 2

*RAP36
as for game mechanics like scope elevation and windage adjustments as well as wind effecting bullets and rangefinders you can turn to ACE3 mod.
in that mode you can enable some advanced ballistics options which will effect the trajectory according to the angle, range and wind.

as for more contemporary weapons - you can use other mods like: CUP_weapons, RH weapon packs and RHS packs.

and as for tactics and situations, a gameplay with a human spotter against AIs or humans in an MP environment will probably give you what you are looking for... there you will be able to implement the thing you've learned in the sniper field guide and the ultimate sniper book.
and it is really depended on the scenario you are in.
Large scale MP missions against AI for example: Patrol Ops, Invade and Annex... (on a serious server).

and of course you could always use the editor to just place yourself somewhere with some pop up targets in various ranges and practice... (just make sure to enable the wind and advanced ballistics of ACE3).

the standard ARMA3 game does have ballistic simulation for bullets but no wind simulation, and the scope adjustments are in 100s of meters and not in MOAs of Mils. (and a mix of fictional and real rifles and scopes).

• Like 1

today is the day! finally we will have some informations about tanoa... :lol:

today is the day! finally we will have some informations about tanoa... :lol:

How do you know ?

How do you know ?

I saw the birds flyng at dawn

• Like 1

Ah of course, that's how I always get the right numbers for the lottery.

HBAO+ you say? More groundbreaking NVidia Technologies are always welcome in the Arma series. =D

Not necessarily ground breaking, but definitely a welcome improvemnt. The current ambient occulusion is quite hard on the GPU and I personally think that the highest setting looks worse than middle or low.