Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Yeah. They cut the rail gun, and I can now see why. Firstly, it won't be in service on vehicles that small... Ever. Even current Destroyers in service don't have the Electrical capacity to run the darned thing. Hehe, the DDG-1000 of course though, was built around the design. They have Lithium Ion Batteries just better in 2035 LOL. Or cold Fusion!

As for the Light/Fast Strike Vehicles... There could be many. In terms of selection, as many designs exist. I can't name them all right now, though. But ULCV's or, Ultra Light Combat Vehicles, also apply to that list.

Miller in the bush! It really doesn't make sense. He goes from NATO to Guerrilla. Back to NATO and now on Tanoa he is a Guerrilla again. I think its a bit of a wild goose chase or red herring they have put on us. Short of putting a female character lounging on a deck chair.

Miller in the bush. it really doesn't make sense. He goes from NATO. To Guerrilla. Back to NATO. Now on Tanoa his is a Guerrilla again. I think its a bit of a wild goose case or red herring they have us on. Short of putting a female character lounging on a deck chair.

I'm extremely certain they did that for fun, as a sort of Easter egg that doesn't mean anything, rather just something they thought they would throw in for the heck of it.

Besides, when he left Altis he was wearing CTRG's.

In regards to Fast/light Strike Vehicles, Chortles, you'd be correct. They come in various forms. Hell, an armored vehicle refitted with a roll cage, room for a squad and a half with a turrets up top of various selections could calassify just as much as a medium patrol boat that is well armed and moves fairly quick would also classify, as a Fast Strike Vehicle. I'm pretty sure we'll get some more info come the new year though.

I could speculate all day long with various assets that would change up the gameplay durastically. Though one of the assets I do indeed want to see is a light Cargo Ship, capable of driving a medium sized vehicle or armored vehicle into, so you could drive it a across the water. (Given I was able to confirm that wheeled vehicles can be transported by another platform without the use of scripts) One thing I don't want to see are more HMG's and GMG's that are on the MRAP's. That would get far too repetitive.

Miller was actually a SEAL coupled to the CIA who "pretended" to be a NATO rifleman. His mission as a rifleman was to find the illusive CSAT Earth Quake tectonic weapon.

Upon finding out the UK has had underhanded dealings and is a huge strategic partner with NATO. He knew he could not rely on well established Western militaries as the corruption ran too deep. He having only one avenue...He went back to a familiar haunt. FIA. He was clearly reconing the Beach for CSAT.

I'm extremely certain they did that for fun, as a sort of Easter egg that doesn't mean anything, rather just something they thought they would throw in for the heck of it.

Besides, when he left Altis he was wearing CTRG's.

In regards to Fast/light Strike Vehicles, Chortles, you'd be correct. They come in various forms. Hell, an armored vehicle refitted with a roll cage, room for a squad and a half with a turrets up top of various selections could calassify just as much as a medium patrol boat that is well armed and moves fairly quick would also classify, as a Fast Strike Vehicle. I'm pretty sure we'll get some more info come the new year though.

I could speculate all day long with various assets that would change up the gameplay durastically. Though one of the assets I do indeed want to see is a light Cargo Ship, capable of driving a medium sized vehicle or armored vehicle into, so you could drive it a across the water. (Given I was able to confirm that wheeled vehicles can be transported by another platform without the use of scripts) One thing I don't want to see are more HMG's and GMG's that are on the MRAP's. That would get far too repetitive.

There is a video on You Tube. Anyway its from someone at CUP who drives a LCAC into a US aircraft Carrier. Just watch it:) It will likely be an answer to your prayers should BIS not give us...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM_XA-0XrRs

No clue what you mean.

You said originally is this really much better regards the released image of the new water shader running on either Altis or Stratis. To which i said. Is it making it worse? I believe no. Perhaps i wasn't clear. The visual update is indeed a great add on which will add improvements for free. If you mean they can do better. perhaps there is engine or workforce limitations where they can't spend another six months on a better visual update.

There are two camps I see on these forums and Social Media. One group who  feels BIS just can't get it together regards ArmA 3 and one more objective where it sees the overall goal BIS is going for. I am not going to knock BIS for trying. Again they could have wrapped EDen and Zeus and the visual updates and the odd sound improvement into a paid for DLC and likely got away with it with old die hards eager to purchase. They didn't. They rolled these out for free.

Blizzard takes years to make one game or one expansion. Ubisoft and EA does a year cycle between each Battlefield or Far Cry. BIS does also take its time to do a more measured approach. But Ubisoft and EA try milk you for every cent. I have lost count how many paid for Expansions Battlefield 3, 4 and Hardline has. So as they say pick your poison...who you gonna choose? I am also not the vanguard of the poor down trodden BIS employees of the scared hearts of BIS fan boy brotherhood. I am not overly rose tinted glasses about everything BIS does. I too am worried the Expansion is LITE! BUT! I just can't really complain about free updates. People think i am nuts still playing ArmA 3. Why...simple its Modifiable and new content is always made. Few games give that. So the benefits are there...case point and I will stop now RHS! And they are but one of the many tallented developers doing stuff for free out of passion for what is a lot of ungrateful "kids".

Edited by purepassion
please format your text properly, thank you!

Agreed, mistyronin... although even if they don't, Take On Helicopters' oil platform falls under APL-SA for porting purposes, albeit looking like a port.

I personally believe that "Light Strike Vehicle" is being used by Bohemia more as a category than a designation to avoid tipping their hand as to what the actual platform is, so we could be looking at a fictional (if derived from/inspired by a real-life) design, seeing as what little glimpse we got of the "VTOL" already suggested such.

The best ideas always happen when you are on your break. In this case breakfast LOL.

But I was thinking i believe Jay Crowe did say that there will be new vehicle classes. The VTOL and the LSV. That said maybe we are looking at it too literally. That is perhaps the LSV class will be able to do things other vehicles cant. If you played HALO the Warthog is ruff and tumble. If can turn on a dime. And really get some air at high speed. Maybe the LSV class from an Engine PhysX point of view will mean high speed. Fast acceleration from stand still. Tight turning circle and being able to launch off out croppings and dirt jumps and not be damaged. Unless it just means that a VTOL and a Light Strike Vehicle are in because those aren't in game yet officially.

Now that's quite the view.

I wonder if this also means we will be getting the proper TrueSky clouds that we saw back in the Alpha?

I hope so. I made a ticket on that, and it was acknowledged. So we'll have to see. there's a 50/50 chance it might. In the bottom picture, it doesn't seem so though.

graemeshute, on 20 Dec 2015 - 01:05, said:

The best ideas always happen when you are on your break. In this case breakfast LOL.

But I was thinking i believe Jay Crowe did say that there will be new vehicle classes. The VTOL and the LSV. That said maybe we are looking at it too literally. That is perhaps the LSV class will be able to do things other vehicles cant. If you played HALO the Warthog is ruff and tumble. If can turn on a dime. And really get some air at high speed. Maybe the LSV class from an Engine PhysX point of view will mean high speed. Fast acceleration from stand still. Tight turning circle and being able to launch off out croppings and dirt jumps and not be damaged. Unless it just means that a VTOL and a Light Strike Vehicle are in because those aren't in game yet officially.

Well, that's kind how ULCV's perform IRL, as well. Except unlike the fictional HALO stuff, they can carry carious load-outs of equipment, weapons, and depending on the design, a whole lotta' guys. For example this thing... Sports a 30mm Turret on top, believe it or not. Such vehicles, as you mentioned, could also be Boats, light air vehicles as well. However, if BI wanted to really do something new and unique, they could do a mix of the Quad-Ski, and the Polaris ULCV, to create an Amphibious Ultra Light Combat Vehicle. There are a lot of options.

Isn't there confirmed but cut images of a CSAT Railgun tank floating around. I know of only 3 Strike vehicles. The one you mentioned. The old Light Strike Vehicle and then the Light Strike Vehicle developed in Singapore. Here is hoping for two different models. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_Strike_Vehicle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_Strike_Vehicle_%28Singapore%29

I really hope that one of the light strike vehicles would be Singaporean "Spider" (LSV Mk.2). Would fit setting like a glove.

That's definitely some solid thinking (it certainly beats the usual US vs. Russia theme around which much of the community built their fictional paradigm) and I hope that Bohemia's been able to look outside of Europe for their inspiration...

That's definitely some solid thinking (it certainly beats the usual US vs. Russia theme around which much of the community built their fictional paradigm) and I hope that Bohemia's been able to look outside of Europe for their inspiration...

the expansion could be the occasion to improve the CSAT faction.... now is in a horrible state 

the expansion could be the occasion to improve the CSAT faction.... now is in a horrible state

I would probably assume that another CSAT member state would be added instead of the current "not-Iran." Probably "not-China" like everyone thinks. They could be fleshed out unlike the current not-Iran, but who knows?

I would probably assume that another CSAT member state would be added instead of the current "not-Iran." Probably "not-China" like everyone thinks. They could be fleshed out unlike the current not-Iran, but who knows?

yes but some things, have to be fixed only few vehicles will be added

1  T100  is unique block seems a toy
2  the CSAT helmet has the retractable visor but doesn't work ( in 2035 the helmet's HUD will have gps/glonass, compass, night vision watch and radio/ integrated)
3  the CSAT suit is designed for make the soldier invisible to the thermal sights but doesn't work
​4  the Mi48 Kajiman has the apache's cockpit 

5  the vests seem too weaks compared to Nato

and so on

3 the CSAT suit is designed for make the soldier invisible to the thermal sights but doesn't work

Actually that's not true, it's supposed to be regulating the wearer's body temperature by providing cooling in hot climate. It's not supposed to be thermal camo.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

I really hope that one of the light strike vehicles would be Singaporean "Spider" (LSV Mk.2). Would fit setting like a glove.

LOL, funny AF how they're using the BF4 Theme song during their Expo... Damnit... just... *shaking head, and trying not to laugh too hard*

However, on a more serious note, that ULCV does seem extremely robust.

What?

2  the CSAT helmet has the retractable visor but doesn't work ( in 2035 the helmet's HUD will have gps/glonass, compass, night vision watch and radio/ integrated)
It kinda already does because, you know, the in game HUD. But I guess that doesn't count.

3  the CSAT suit is designed for make the soldier invisible to the thermal sights but doesn't work
The fatigues are designed to incorporate a cooling system, effectively allowing the soldier to operate regardless of the environment.

And this matters because...?

CSAT vests don't need to have armor, as the clothing itself is armored with a flexible bullet-resistant layer underneath.

Wanna hear the real problems with CSAT? The lack of backstory and variety (combat engineering vehicles, MLRS, etc).

Wanna hear the real problems with CSAT? The lack of backstory and variety (combat engineering vehicles, MLRS, etc).

True. The only legitimate gear they have is the Katiba. Everything else is a bit skeptical-ish, given there's not backstory to it. Though, i'm sure that's nothing a quick group of brainstorming dev's can't come up with right? 

The lack of background is a general problem in this game. You get told to have the AAF without actually getting a reason to do so. Granted they attack you but who says they aren't justified? We don't know since there is no context.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

yes but some things, have to be fixed only few vehicles will be added

and so on

1. The T-100 is based on the real life Object 640 (aka Black Eagle). Blame Ural for making such a blocky-looking tank.  :P

2. This applies to all helmets that have attachments or inbuilt functions on them, like the ECH/FAST helmets that BLUFOR wear that have Surefire taclights and IR strobes mounted on them. I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing this happen without a major overhaul of the clothing system though, and it probably won't be happening with Apex either.

3. CSAT troops basically use a Eastern version of the Micro Climate Cooling System used by U.S. forces in real life. It makes it more comfortable for the wearer in hot or cold environments and reduce your thermal signature slightly but they don't make you invisible.

4. Was complained about back in the Beta. Sadly I don't think this will be changing any time soon though (just like the copy n' paste for things like RWS turrets/launchers/static weapons, etc).

5. They wear harnesses, not plate carriers. These aren't supposed to provide ballistic protection since they don't have any in the first place. Either way, they don't need vests when their uniforms are far superior to BLUFOR vests, especially with the 1.54 update refactoring how body armour works; meaning that any vests that don't provide pelvis or arm protection are less useful now. As opposed to CSAT uniforms that provide full protection from chest to toe from bullets and explosions.

i know the T100 is a black eagle, i don't like the realization, lacks on moving parts

if you have a big helmet doesn't need of some accessories 

anyway my post was intended to hope on more love and attention to details for the OPFOR faction, due to the MP oriented of the new expansion called nexus /apex  (you may write an acronym that you like)

The funny thing is, at one point the Tempest and (AAF-only?) Zamak had string mentions in language_f_epc.pbo that were suffixed with mlrs... you'd have to ask a Bohemia designer why we never got the implied Tempest MLRS and Zamak MLRS though.  :angry: Those would have followed perfectly fine in the tracks of the Grad!

True. The only legitimate gear they have is the Katiba. Everything else is a bit skeptical-ish, given there's not backstory to it. Though, i'm sure that's nothing a quick group of brainstorming dev's can't come up with right?

The Katiba is effectively what happened when someone decided that the KH2002 should be upcalibered and get an aftermarket rail upper... though the latter isn't nearly as absurd as it may sound, considering how many weapon families have had at-least-aftermarket-if-not-OEM rail uppers, such as this third-party one for the Emei T97NSR (Canadian-legal derivation of the QBZ-95 in 5.56 mm) although Emei made their own as well. (As for why the real-life PLA itself doesn't use these, I've read that the PLA only allows modifications which can be reverted 'as if it had never happened'... the exact opposite of "cutting off the iron sights of a T97NSR to install the Flat Top Upper." I'm not sure if Emei's system is any less permanent, but I haven't heard of the PLA planning to adopt a non-proprietary rail interface either.) 

You get told to have the AAF without actually getting a reason to do so. Granted they attack you but who says they aren't justified? We don't know since there is no context.

Clearly we disagree in that I believe that Kerry had all the reason I needed to "have" the AAF -- they were shooting his way!  :D Although, truthbetold you acknowledging "who says they aren't justified?" is more moral equivalence than I usually see around here re: The East Wind... not that I'm calling your pointing-this-out a negative.

3. CSAT troops basically use a Eastern version of the Micro Climate Cooling System used by U.S. forces in real life. It makes it more comfortable for the wearer in hot or cold environments and reduce your thermal signature slightly but they don't make you invisible.

4. Was complained about back in the Beta. Sadly I don't think this will be changing any time soon though (just like the copy n' paste for things like RWS turrets/launchers/static weapons, etc).

5. They wear harnesses, not plate carriers. These aren't supposed to provide ballistic protection since they don't have any in the first place. Either way, they don't need vests when their uniforms are far superior to BLUFOR vests, especially with the 1.54 update refactoring how body armour works; meaning that any vests that don't provide pelvis or arm protection are less useful now. As opposed to CSAT uniforms that provide full protection from chest to toe from bullets and explosions.

Re: #3: Besides comfort the MCS could also positively affect wearer performance by warding off dryness, fatigue, or heat exhaustion, so presumably the CSAT soldiers' system was miniaturized to the point of self-contained man-portability unlike the current vehicle-connected systems... or maybe they just have the umbilical tucked away and are running off of batteries?  :lol:

Re: #5: I'm wondering how intentional that rebalancing is, considering that Bohemia previously stated via OPREP that (under the old body armor system) BLUFOR was to have the strongest chest protection in return for worse weight-to-capacity ratio, while CSAT chest rigs were to "provide the best ratio between weight and capacity in-game."