Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

In other news, the ugly ground jitter will disappear. Yissss. I actually thought I'll never get to see this fixed.

In other news, the ugly ground jitter will disappear. Yissss. I actually thought I'll never get to see this fixed.

:yay: :yay: :yay:

If you crawl around, you'll see the ground moving. This is caused by the currently not so good parallax mapping. Based on the current sitrep, it should be gone in one of the future updates.

• Like 1

I assume it's the ugly ground melting effect, most obvious when the player is prone and crawling uphill.

I wonder if this new parallax tech will also improve the 3d effect of some object textures. Like stone walls for example. Isn't that used for that as well?

I wonder if this new parallax tech will also improve the 3d effect of some object textures. Like stone walls for example. Isn't that used for that as well?

I guess not.

In the wiki:

The technology shouldn't affect vehicles at all, it is for the terrain and its surfaces.

Holy f*** awesome trailer ;) I really like the new water reflections, makes you want to put on a diver suit immediately.

Still missing some things......... :-p but real awesome vid to watch :-) great year ahead.

Send with mobile

So the new VTOL will be somekind a Gunship - mix of AC130 with MV22?

hmm interesting choice , hopefully those vehicles won't be the only new content that the Apex will have  :wacko:

• Like 1

So the new VTOL will be somekind a Gunship - mix of AC130 with MV22?

hmm interesting choice , hopefully those vehicles won't be the only new content that the Apex will have  :wacko:

Every post from you has some sort of negative energy in it. Be honest, do you really believe they will only bring two new vehicles?

Every post from you has some sort of negative energy in it. Be honest, do you really believe they will only bring two new vehicles?

It wouldn't been the first time haha ,but yes i really hope there will be more :P

• Like 2

Not much new here, but it shows the work that has been done sofar. I'm really looking forward trying Tanoa, i'm getting bored with A3 now (thanks god there's still OFP which is still a lot a fun to play and mod).

• Like 1

so we will have a two VTOLs interesting.........

even the zodiac is cute

ESa8Mng0tuOo4YBfrcSQAsiihabDNSw7WAe9XD1H

• Like 2

Not much new here, but it shows the work that has been done sofar. I'm really looking forward trying Tanoa, i'm getting bored with A3 now (thanks god there's still OFP which is still a lot a fun to play and mod).

Wouldn't say that, the basically confirmed UI improvments if I understood him correctly. Maybe better AI controls etc?

Gotta say that tho I haven't been much fond of the A3 pseudo-futuristic setting, I've to say that the idea of a V-22 & AC-130 marriage feels really appealing. 

Also the Zodiac & the SOF vehicle look really interesting too  :)

So far the "AV-130", SOF buggie, civilian plane, water scooter & zodiac with wheel. I guess they will add at least a civilian cargo ship too.

The visual update looks superb! Finally some atmosphere!