Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

... so, "Vychlop 2035"? I can't bring myself to mind the idea, as far as what the Marksmen DLC's weapons (that is, the basic design concepts for what weapon types to introduce via the DLC) are... but I've now imagined the possibility of a CSAT weapons designer looking at the "old Vychlop" and trying to make a battle rifle out of it as being how the Akina came about. :eek:

This is really good to hear. Bipods that have been thought through and implemented well. An evolution of the recoil. These are freaking great to see.
I'm kind of confident because the devs' own public remarking about the Marksmen DLC features and about how they announce those features -- remember the infamous "no promises"? -- leaves me to believe that DnA, RiE, and others have the utmost confidence in their ability to get weapon resting/deployment going, possibly moreso than any other feature.

(Re: no promises -- Matt Lightfoot previously admitted on Reddit that BI had been doing bipod testing but wouldn't confirm that weapon resting/deployment was greenlit.)

Edited by Chortles

Basicly 12.7x54 =.335 (nobody calls it .335 since it is kinda weird tho) and yes that's a realistic ammo - http://world.guns.ru/sniper/large-caliber-sniper-rifles/rus/vks-vssk-vychlop-e.html

You do realize that digits used to mark a calibers in westerm standards (.50; .357 etc) are a hundredth or thousandth parts of an inch, right? So .335 is not basically 12.7 but 8.5. Millimeters that is. Or you didn't know that? Or it is really some kind of very special caliber where 12.7 mm equals .335?

And I know that it is realistic ammo, I just wanted to point out that that Akina rifle form the screenshot looks very similar to VSS, and has nothing to do with VSSK, and is too small for .50 cal. But what do I know - it's 2035 =).

Edited by MAXZY

You do realize that digits used to mark a calibers in westerm standards (.50; .357 etc) are a hundredth or thousandth parts of an inch, right? So .335 is not basically 12.7 but 8.5. Millimeters that is. Or you didn't know that? Or it is really some kind of very special caliber where 12.7 mm equals .335?

And I know that it is realistic ammo, I just wanted to point out that that Akina rifle form the screenshot looks very similar to VSS, and has nothing to do with VSSK, and is too small for .50 cal. But what do I know - it's 2035 =).

Ye i know its not .335 - thats just for fancy name also Akina is a mix both of them VSS + VSSK

it has the 12.7x54mm which is .50cal bullet in much smaller case so its not big and fast as 12.7x99mm so it goes only subsonic very much like VSS 9x39mm

also notice Akina's ejection port which is big enough for that bullet

Edited by RobertHammer

I hope it's fully Automatic. Nothing like a fully auto silenced Russian sniper rifle to replace the good ol' VSS.

In case you wondered what type of MGs will be in Marksmen DLC. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?122794-Development-Blog-amp-Reveals&p=2863016&viewfull=1#post2863016 … The answer: MMGs.

Tweet

Gonna call it and predict that one of the MMGs will be chambered with the 8.58x70mm (.338) ammunition hinted at in the concept art for the 12.7x54mm suppressed rifle.

An MMG something like the General Dynamics LWMMG, which is chambered in .338 Norma Magnum (like 8.58x70mm/.338 Lapua Magnum with a shortened case)

LWMMG+usa.jpg

that one isn't bad , but when we got caseless ammo from LSAT , why not to use the LSAT mg 7.62 , hell even .338 for GPMG role

LSAT is almost like american Negev , just its whole new weapon

Is there any chance we will be seeing a complete attachment system with the new DLC?

Yay!

If were getting an MMG, than perhaps it would be fitting for maybe a mountable tripod for "long period" resting positions. Example of deployment could be a backpack-able item you can bring with you, throw down and assemble to mount your MMG at an FOB or something.

example - http://anupkumarchaturvedi.com/00001_147.jpg

In fact, given the Marksman DLC is infantry based, i wouldn't mind seeing a lot more deploy-able things that can be brought along with you to the battlefield and up and around.

Is there any chance we will be seeing a complete attachment system with the new DLC?

I would wish ,but that's way too optimistic

also i suspect those new MG will get - NATO and the AAF since they missing some heavy machine guns

---------- Post added at 16:28 ---------- Previous post was at 16:26 ----------

If were getting an MMG, than perhaps it would be fitting for maybe a mountable tripod for "long period" resting positions. Example of deployment could be a backpack-able item you can bring with you, throw down and assemble to mount your MMG at an FOB or something.

example - http://anupkumarchaturvedi.com/00001_147.jpg

In fact, given the Marksman DLC is infantry based, i wouldn't mind seeing a lot more deploy-able things that can be brought along with you to the battlefield and up and around.

You know you could use the tripod from .50cal which should support that MG

also i suspect those new MG will get - NATO and the AAF since they missing some heavy machine guns

---------- Post added at 16:28 ---------- Previous post was at 16:26 ----------

You know you could use the tripod from .50cal which should support that MG

Possibly, yeah. but wouldn't it be a bit smaller? And fit in a backpack instead of being a backpack? Lol I mean, the sized compared, the tripod for the .50 is massive to the MMG tripod's.

Ah, man - fingers crossed for a proper bolt action sniper rifle! :D

You know what would be an instant seller on my part? To finally have a single customizable weapon platform, instead of 10 different MXs one with long barrel and AFG, one with short barrell and VFG, one with long barrel and a GL and so on.

Yay!

You know what would be an instant seller on my part? To finally have a single customizable weapon platform, instead of 10 different MXs one with long barrel and AFG, one with short barrell and VFG, one with long barrel and a GL and so on.

Yay!

Ability to change stocks? I like the Moe Stock on the MXM.

Ability to change stocks? I like the Moe Stock on the MXM.

cough*Dayz Standalone*cough haha

but really nobody in battlefied would change his buttstock - only if he needs , he can change it only at base - its basicly change weapon in arma

so changing buttstocks on the fly would been pointless in arma

but i would rather have Quad rail support and maybe with barrel length change - since there are many guns that supports easy change barrel lengths

Edited by RobertHammer

Changing barrel also requires the weapon to be zeroed again as far as i know.

cough*Dayz Standalone*cough haha

but really nobody in battlefied would change his buttstock - only if he needs , he can change it only at base - its basicly change weapon in arma

so changing buttstocks on the fly would been pointless in arma

but i would rather have Quad rail support and maybe with barrel length change - since there are many guns that supports easy change barrel lengths

True.

On another note... incapacitation?

Changing barrel also requires the weapon to be zeroed again as far as i know.

You know scratch the barrel change - it needs to support 2nd backup gun into AT slot :p

Weapon resting, 3D Editor... finally....... 14 years...... AI improvements too. I´m so happy right now. I´ll hopefully be able to scratch a few things from my siglist

from ArmA 3 scanning the horizon - platform updates section:

Our drive to improve the experience of playing the game remains strong, as does, of course, our commitment to addressing existing issues, including the continued optimization of servers, network traffic, and multi-threading.

acEFye3.jpg

good one!

these problems are there now for over 10 years in various games, now in the scanning the horizon, i read in the "new terrain" section this:

new terrain remains our main priority.

how can a new terrain -which can be made later + community done already new terrains- be your main priority then?! i mean wtf ? sorry but thats laughable.

another thing is: the all new features you promise, thats all nice and good, including the new terrain, but whats the point of having all these stuff, when i can use them only when im alone in the editor + maybe some AI, to stay on good FPS and whats the point of adding FPS eating features on a game (we saw it with AFM), which already runs like crap ? xD i mean the features are all nice but the the performance should be priority number one, especially multi-threading, THEN it would make sense to add new features which eats FPS when the game uses the hardware properly, the FPS cost of these features wouldnt be really noticed on todays machines.

sorry but i can not take this seriously nor can i trust you devs, i believe that you will continue making small optimizations (which are barely noticed by most players) but at the multi-threading part, i dont trust you there and i bet that you will abadone it.

but at least you admit that the game has multi-threading problems. now fanboys can not deny it anymore like they did before.

I find it interesting that they decided to showcase a warehouse that comes with the foundation attached :whistle:

I find it interesting that they decided to showcase a warehouse that comes with the foundation attached :whistle:

I fail to see what's interesting about that? As far as I know, most house structures in Arma have a pretty large foundation just to accomodate changes in terrain elevation. Unless you're alluding to underground structures, which would be awesome and in my opinion very much in the scope of Arma :)