Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

what the f***, who are u, why u know who i am? :confused:

I'M The_Blink, from Arma-rpg and SLR-RPG ;) With you, Pisa and Stefen

I'M The_Blink, from Arma-rpg and SLR-RPG ;) With you, Pisa and Stefen

oh, hi there :)

anyway, enuff private chat. lets stay on topic.

-> uhmm.. looking forward to arma 3 :D

even further than that, iv heard of firefights up to 2000 meters

One and a quarter miles apart, firefights, get the binoculars out lads.. :shoot:____________________________________________________________________:681: is he dead yet! can't tell he's too far away..:p

Edited by ChrisB

even further than that, iv heard of firefights up to 2000 meters

That's not a firefight, that's a long range engagement. ;)

The generally accepted average is 300 meters.

Perhaps in open terrain, but recent wars in Iraq, Libya and Syria have shown that the majority of fighting is taking place in urban areas and firefights are generally at distances of less than 100 metres, often room to room.

Holy crap those screenshots are phenomenal!

Great, now I wont be able to sleep until Tuesday, and then I definitely won't get any sleep!

Absolutely beautiful. I love natural look of them - no fancy sunset views or special angles, just raw Arma III.

Perhaps in open terrain, but recent wars in Iraq, Libya and Syria have shown that the majority of fighting is taking place in urban areas and firefights are generally at distances of less than 100 metres, often room to room.
For what it's worth, the screenshots on page 479 linked by CriminalMinds that show the weapon HUD show 300 meters as the zero distance, which (considering earlier footage with "300" in the same position) suggest that 300 meters will be the default zero distance for the MX rifles in-game.

... heads up, "HE" grenades now have a separate display in the weapon HUD! May this be (further) proof of grenades being finally separated from the fire mode cycle?

Mysterious to me, are the different colors of the hud and different layouts. The first one was grey, this one is green. Has anyone an idea why?

Mysterious to me, are the different colors of the hud and different layouts. The first one was grey, this one is green. Has anyone an idea why?

I'd imagine UI customization/colour blind accessibility controls on that kind of thing

I'd imagine UI customization/colour blind accessibility controls on that kind of thing

Probably the same UI customization feature that TKOH has.

Not down for me / back up.

EDIT: never mind, imgur seems to be back down again.

Edited by MadDogX

Amazing pics, much more detail on trees and rocks and they look :rolleyes:, will be mindblowing!

imgur is down... anywhere else we can see those shots?

Imgur is back up, check em!

And don't forget to check Dslyecxi's

for his videos :icon_twisted:

And don't forget to check Dslyecxi's
for his videos :icon_twisted:

Missed that.. just woke up. Watching now.

Dat AH-9 screenshot at 1:01 with the rain of casings being ejected... me-gusta-me-gusta-s.png

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

i've been outta the loop for a while, but I wonder if the weapon safety is active ingame, as suggests in the image...

i've been outta the loop for a while, but I wonder if the weapon safety is active ingame, as suggests in the image...

http://i.imgur.com/CoPsoIXh.jpg

You mean the 5-sectioned line running just below the weapon name & caliber? Let's see... Safety//Single fire//Burst//Full Auto... and the 5th one? Perhaps it is the under barrel GL?

The above isn't necessarily in that order, but to fill out all five settings, that should be he case.

P.S. The featured weapon doesn't have a burst mode, but there's definitely SAFE on the safety trigger on the rifle itself.

That would be a new thing consider Arma has never had a safe mode, either you have the gun or you don't, and if you do, it's always armed. Oh hey that could lead to priming of weapon systems on vehicles for frustrating weapons checks.

That would be a new thing consider Arma has never had a safe mode, either you have the gun or you don't, and if you do, it's always armed. Oh hey that could lead to priming of weapon systems on vehicles for frustrating weapons checks.

That's what I was talking about in the Control scheme thread months ago... F key for FIRE SELECTOR only is FTW!

Hand grenades & other functions that are all stacked onto the F-cycle in ArmA II could receive their own dedicated key(s).

http://i.imgur.com/CoPsoIXh.jpg

You mean the 5-sectioned line running just below the weapon name & caliber? Let's see... Safety//Single fire//Burst//Full Auto... and the 5th one? Perhaps it is the under barrel GL?

The above isn't necessarily in that order, but to fill out all five settings, that should be he case.

P.S. The featured weapon doesn't have a burst mode, but there's definitely SAFE on the safety trigger on the rifle itself.

This is of course just my speculation, but I guess there will always be those 5 bars, no matter if the current weapon has burst functionality.

1: Single Fire

2-3: Burst

5: Full auto

So it's more a visual representation rather than 5 different 'modes'.