Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

True. I never felt like ArmA2 soldier movement anims were cloned. But this lazy left arm is too "characteristic" - it's something easily noticed.

BIS needs to make a few more movement anims for variety and assign them permanently to soldiers in a mission just like it's with faces and voices now - so each soldier will give you an impression like he has his own unique movement style (much like in real life duh)

I would still prefer that the animations would be Weapon related, so if you are carrying a HMG, you would walk/run differently then if you are holding a rifle and etc.

Somebody else brought this up, but I'd just like to point out that there does appear to be more than one animation for walking.

Check out this picture. They might be running, but the one at the foreground appears to be walking or at least standing still.

Those are the old Arma 2 animations.

_neo_

True. I never felt like ArmA2 soldier movement anims were cloned. But this lazy left arm is too "characteristic" - it's something easily noticed.

BIS needs to make a few more movement anims for variety and assign them permanently to soldiers in a mission just like it's with faces and voices now - so each soldier will give you an impression like he has his own unique movement style (much like in real life duh)

This is a good idea and I hope that BI has something similar (or better ;) ) in mind to prevent it from looking like in the vid. :)

Guess its one of those "just cool looking A3 animations" which the AI will/can use on careless (or a new CoolBro' behaviour?). Imo those shaking heads like saying "nononono" and rolling eyeballs aren't that great in A2OA. Hope to see more A3 ingame scenes + infos soon. :)

"Gangsta walking" animations, looks nice but hope not all in game characters walks like this, kinda un-natural. I actually prefer to see how is the animations for civilians and unarmed soldiers walking and running for A3.

"Gangsta walking" animations, looks nice but hope not all in game characters walks like this, kinda un-natural..

Hehe, we call these helium elbows at the gym and see it everyday. Some guys get it from building huge lats to the sides and triceps which cock the arm up and out -but most guys just mimic this look as tough guy posturing. :p

Keep in mind there is a difference between the relaxed "lower gun" stance, the normal walking and the unarmed walking :)

Here is a sneak peek at the unarmed running animations ;)

Hehe, we call these helium elbows at the gym and see it everyday. Some guys get it from building huge lats to the sides and triceps which cock the arm up and out -but most guys just mimic this look as tough guy posturing. :p

:D This is exactly what I thought when I saw the video first time! :D Especially this part:

but most guys just mimic this look as tough guy posturing. :p

i've been so distracted, i was missing this... by the looks i'll have to get used to cardiac arrhythmia every odd thursday!

Here is a sneak peek at the unarmed running animations ;)

The unarmed animation actually looks quite nice. I'm imagining the movement should be quite fluid compare to A2's

Not sure how many of you remember, but I installed ArmA1 a while ago and unarmed running animation is perfecly good in that.

No twitter addicts in here? You're gonna need all the supplies, we got can! :icon_twisted:

Boring and annoying 956 kb image removed...

Edited by PurePassion
W0lle uses Forum Rules. It is SUPER effective. sorry for that ^^

I see one flaw though. The can is too small.

You'd need at least three of those if BI is ever to have a proper BBQ party. :cool:

Will those trucks have visual functions eg recovery vehicle with working winch, crane and lift-and-tow system? Or will A3 have the same old invisible repair/refuel/re-ammo beam like in 2001? At least something to see/observe.... ;)

I think it will be quite similar to VBS2

and on arma3.com it says it is possible to tow broken vehicles to repair stations. PhysX should help here.

I love how the panel on the back of the tanker seems to be slightly open. I hope you can actually run a hose out and connect it up to vehicles for refueling. No more magical refueling?!:) I think someone actually posted this in the wishlist thread a while ago: Having a script for a refueling/repair crew to drive up with refueling/repair vehicles, get out, do all the things, etc.. I'm paraphrasing but I think you get the idea.

Pure that video is sick, I've never seen that system before. More and more I just want to get VBS2! Is this feature included in JCove lite? I really hope it's going to be in A3.

That would be amazing without a doubt..but I doubt we'll see it in A3, seems like a lot to hope for on that one.

its either not working or your're pulling a fast one ;)

its either not working or your're pulling a fast one ;)

Rofl, I have been following it vigorously but the website definitely works for me atleast.

not working for me also, it shows up on google but I cant access it, maybe some DNS mixup or whatever. Could someone share it by some other means? thanks

edit: multiple proxies claim 404 so either the website is down or this is some bad joke

Edited by frostwyrm333