Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ArmA 2 OA Beta Build 83015

Suma: what about the "sky switching texture" bug ? Sometimes its really annoying, I will try to make video but its not that hard to see it, just put yourself for example on Proving grounds map with weather somewhere between sunny and rainy. You will notice the changing texture when looking up and down(not always, but its definitely there).

I tried, but I did not see it. It is most likely linked to some particular overcast value, or perhaps to some HW configuration. Repro (and maybe some more details) are needed.

Talking of proving grounds, have the trees on that map ever been set for Atoc? I ran atoc full and those trees still never looked smoothed out, other things like grass did though. Also those trees on that map are very laggy and suffer from allot of LOD "twitching" .. I refer to the old dead twisted type trees.

This is a general comment, not beta specific, I think its been quite twitchy and not Atoc friendly since the beta/patch arrived that introduced that feature.

Ref the overcast thing, as that repro link suggests its a combination of a certain overcast transition when a cloudy dark layer with flicker in and out.

Edited by mrcash2009

Suma, I remember in one of these beta threads you said you were working on fixing the AI from seeing units outside of it's "visibility cone" or something rather like that.

Does this include fixing the fact that when you have an AI in your squad, they can remotely report enemy positions to you? What I mean by this is that you can have an AI 5km away from you and they will react to things that are going on around you. They will actively report units that are in front of you, rather than infront of themselves. Also if you get fired at, they'll say "Under Fire" when they are in reality safe.

If I'm not explaining this well enough, just ask, I'll make a repro mission.

Suma, I remember in one of these beta threads you said you were working on fixing the AI from seeing units outside of it's "visibility cone" or something rather like that.

Does this include fixing the fact that when you have an AI in your squad, they can remotely report enemy positions to you? What I mean by this is that you can have an AI 5km away from you and they will react to things that are going on around you. They will actively report units that are in front of you, rather than infront of themselves. Also if you get fired at, they'll say "Under Fire" when they are in reality safe.

If I'm not explaining this well enough, just ask, I'll make a repro mission.

What you describe is not related in any way. If you want it fixed, prepare a repro and gather enough votes for it on CIT so that it is visible there.

What you describe is not related in any way. If you want it fixed, prepare a repro and gather enough votes for it on CIT so that it is visible there.

I wouldn't say that it's not related in "any way". It has to do with AI calling out enemy positions and doing actions that they cannot physically see from their position.

I'll gather a repro and send in a ticket.

I wouldn't say that it's not related in "any way".

Yes, you would be more knowledgeable about the underlying code here wouldn't you? :p

In all seriousness I've (briefly) tried to repro this and the closest I'm getting is my AI squaddie calling "UNDER FIRE" when he's sitting doStop'ed 2km away and over a hill. It's always the player who is calling out the initial contact - at least for me. :confused:

Yes, you would be more knowledgeable about the underlying code here wouldn't you? :p

In all seriousness I've (briefly) tried to repro this and the closest I'm getting is my AI squaddie calling "UNDER FIRE" when he's sitting doStop'ed 2km away and over a hill. It's always the player who is calling out the initial contact - at least for me. :confused:

You may be playing with a different difficulty, where you have enabled "AI" messages for the player.

I think I can imagine what is causing the problem, but I am not sure, and even if I am correct, the fix is not trivial, which is why I would prefer to have the issue reported properly, with a repro, and let community to judge its important by voting.

I wouldn't say that it's not related in "any way".

Yes, I understand from a side of how the problem shows itself it is related. What I wanted to say is the underlying cause is different and the fix I have made does not affect this in any way.

Totally haxed all of BIS and I nao haz codez. :eek:

The bug is easily reproduced.

Place yourself on southern airport, not in formation. Maybe add this allowDamage false

Place another unit on northern airport, not in formation. Group him to you.

Place enemy unit so that you can walk into his view and he will open fire.

Following chatter takes place:

2: Where are you?

2: Enemy fire.

Why does my #2 unit report this? It should be my own voice, not sounding like its over radio.

I'm guessing it's that last part that makes it problematic to fix, as the radio protocol have a lot more words compared to non radio words. It's annoying, but I've learned to live with it.

I'm more hoping that this is addressed for Arma3, and hopefully in a way that makes all radio chatter available as spoken voices. Trying to make "radio silence" based missions is about impossible as the spoken library is very lacking. I've tried supplementing with voices from dubbing.pbo as part of mission, but I'm not happy with results compared to workload.

For the record, I can confirm what CarlGustaffa says: if you place an AI squadmate far away he will shout "ENEMY FIRE" over the radio if only the player is being engaged while the AI squadmate sits far away.

Suma, Any plans to add the vehicles/object slider for video options in OA or CO?

What Muahaha says. Don't think it's that hard to do

Also would be great to have AI precision and AI skill as two separate sliders in gameplay options

I'm a noob and I was wondering, with all these AI bug reporting, don't these AI problems minimized in those AI mods like Zeus, SLX, ACE, etc. Or are these bugs persistent even with those ai mods enable? Thanks.

Suma, Any plans to add the vehicles/object slider for video options in OA or CO?

Does this make sense at all?

With a certain combination of settings you would see vehicles before you see the trees or buildings appearing that the vehicle is trying to take cover behind.

Not realistic and could almost be considered cheating in a way.

[note: i take it you mean drawing distance slider for vehicles?]

I'm a noob and I was wondering, with all these AI bug reporting, don't these AI problems minimized in those AI mods like Zeus, SLX, ACE, etc. Or are these bugs persistent even with those ai mods enable? Thanks.
ZEUS and such mods. have a good chance to make it even worse. thats simply because mod makers often don't update immidiately after changes are done to core game. Mods often have to be reworked after every core engien change...that makes modding look so premature for a game that is still in development.

ZEUS and such mods. have a good chance to make it even worse. thats simply because mod makers often don't update immidiately after changes are done to core game. Mods often have to be reworked after every core engien change...that makes modding look so premature for a game that is still in development.

I see.

)rStrangelove;1990314']Does this make sense at all?

With a certain combination of settings you would see vehicles before you see the trees or buildings appearing that the vehicle is trying to take cover behind.

Not realistic and could almost be considered cheating in a way.

[note: i take it you mean drawing distance slider for vehicles?]

What he means is that right now to see objects rendered at 3km you need to move view distance slider to 5km - leaving a lot of empty ground in the distance and objects just pop into view as the fog that usually works as cover for "popping" doesn't cover them properly.

TakeOn preview already has an object draw distance slider and it's now possible to have 3km view distance at proper 3km 'view distance'.

What he means is that right now to see objects rendered at 3km you need to move view distance slider to 5km - leaving a lot of empty ground in the distance and objects just pop into view as the fog that usually works as cover for "popping" doesn't cover them properly.

TakeOn preview already has an object draw distance slider and it's now possible to have 3km view distance at proper 3km 'view distance'.

metalcraze, you are a mind reader! :eek:;)

metalcraze, you are a mind reader! :eek:;)

No, he just used common sense :D

or he's played TKoH or VBS2

I noticed quite a few times that whenever I get killed by a player using a guided AT in MP my game crashes with 83015. Happens quite often in warfare BE without Mando Missiles.

For the record, I can confirm what CarlGustaffa says: if you place an AI squadmate far away he will shout "ENEMY FIRE" over the radio if only the player is being engaged while the AI squadmate sits far away.

Fixed in 83100

when you have an AI in your squad, they can remotely report enemy positions to you? What I mean by this is that you can have an AI 5km away from you and they will react to things that are going on around you. They will actively report units that are in front of you, rather than infront of themselves.

I was unable to replicate this on any difficulty setting.

I noticed quite a few times that whenever I get killed by a player using a guided AT in MP my game crashes with 83015. Happens quite often in warfare BE without Mando Missiles.

This just happened to me on the DAO Warfare BE server. Was in a HMMWV, got killed by some kind of AT and the game instantly crashed. Will see if I can create a reliable repro.