How do you use Arma 2 \OA ?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. How do you use Arma 2 \OA ?

• mission Editor
    • Single-Player Campaign
    • open Multiplayer
    • Co-op Multiplayer
    • mainly editing

This thread is a survey to observe how Arma users use their product.

Choose an option and tell us why you prefer this one over the other or why you dislike certain options, if you want.

This knowledge can be very valuable for e.g. BIS to get an impression whats the strongest element of their games, so that they can build upon this or see where you have week spots with potential to make them stronger, especially regarding ARMA III.

The option "mainly editing" stands for making mods and addons with external or BIS programms

Best greetings

PP

Edited by PurePassion

Designing custom missions for my unit. Playing interesting game mode missions like MSO and WiT (never Warfare :P). One-off missions. Basically everything but PvP since PvP/TvT brings out the absolute worst in people, even more so if open to pubbers.

I voted for the mission editor, since this is an extremely strong feature which is sort of the "soul" of arma.

You can totally benefit from the huge variety of vehicles and units present in arma 2 and the most important thing: play the game the way you want. It gives you a wonderful platform for all your creative ideas and already guaranted me hours of fun and intense firefights.

A proper coop and a mission editor.

Can't vote SP campaign obviously as they are not too good in recent BIS games.

Mission editor mainly and playing SP campaigns. There are some good ones out there. I like especially the ones which are futuring some user made Islands.

cheers

95% mission editing for coop MP for my Buddy and mine Gameserver which is private for our use.

But I liek to play sp editor to do tests, and just to play around with stuff, but mostly in mp editor I like to

edit and tweak existing missions from the community, as well as build my own.

Editor is where its at.

@Big Dawg

yes, with mainly editing i mean modding etc using external or BIS programms

Now i only play others sp campaigns and missions (i never play mp) but earlier i was making missions for my personal use (31 sp missions and 12 campaigns=77 missions) now i dont have time to create new missions, but i think that editor is the best part of arma.

Mission editor (single player experiments and testing out ideas), and mainly editing (sound mod stuff, but only for personal use). A lot of time is spent on multiplayer mission testing, but I can't vote "multiplayer" on that one.

Clothed.

Playing Co-op with my clan mates, friends, and guests. Usually to unwind after work while having a few beers etc, making missions.

None of the above.

I mostly use My Missions and occasionally use the editor, to make single player single missions.

-

I enjoy co-op the most because it eliminates that dog-eat-dog mentality brought over from games like CoD and Halo. In PvP, I too often find players calling others noobs and all that crap. I don't know if I'm playing on the wrong servers or something, but co-op has proved to be a much more enjoyable experience for me so far.

Interesting poll but you left out PvP (I assume that comes under Open Multiplayer)

You should have more categories to help BIS determine the strengths and weaknesses.

I enjoy co-op the most because it eliminates that dog-eat-dog mentality brought over from games like CoD and Halo. In PvP, I too often find players calling others noobs and all that crap. I don't know if I'm playing on the wrong servers or something, but co-op has proved to be a much more enjoyable experience for me so far.

Like EdCase, I also wondered where the option for PvP/Semi Pvp aka Warfare is.

As someoen who plays a lots of PvP (that includes Warfare fro the rest of the post) in Public and on Cfarma2.com, I noticed such statements what Soar recited here, where people get labeled as noobs.

Mostly peopel get labeled as noobs on PvP servers, like Valhalla when they do something totally against the usual hapits liek stealing other peoples vehicles, teamkilling etc. which isn´t really hard since Valhalla is purely Team Deathmatch. Before I come to my point, I would like to prepare it and refer to Warfare Public matches to point out something very striking.

I play most of the timey ( sicne Armed Assault) on the XR hotshots Warfare server and during the recent months we on the HS server realized people playing (they have the right to play since it is bloody public, I don´t wanna deny that) who show mostly certain characteristic traits:

They need a long time to buy their inventory, try to snipe tonw defending Ai far from the outside of the actual town without making any attempt to capture a camp, are slow in the advance to catpure towns .....

All in all that kind of players just show little insight (even after you advise them) in the gameplay mechanics which don´t really favor a slow approach, but are close to blitzkrieg tactics where time and thrust is a precious good and time consuming camping of resistance towns leads to nothing what helps to bring your team forward.

Unliek in any other (competetive) scenario, Warfare heavily depends on the performance which each individual contributes to the team.

Now comes the point: We asked these people whether they are new to ArmA 2, so that we have mistreated them, however msotly we got the answer that these people were mostly playing CooP like Domi beforehand and slowly some resentiments against these people (they seem to join the server at certain times aka late in the night on EURO time) evolved resulting that OPFOR gets stacked by the experiened hardcore players while the group where are talking about is preferably joining BLUFOR.

I wanna emphasize that I don´t wanna point out that all CooP player have dificulties with PvP, I just talk here of a certain group of people with shared characteristics.

For the future, as I just read yesterday, that BIS focuses on CooP in ArmA 3 as well, I would really which that people of either side put their noose int othe most popular game mode before they play, sicne you can expect from me that when I play Insurgency, that I don´t let injured people leave behind on the ground, teamkill team mates, mis-use vehicles for only my purposes insteead for me and the other 3 dudes standing next to me et.

Later on when we have some more votes, i wanted to go more in detail and talk about the individual strenghts and weaknesses of the top 1 and the less voted one, so we can discuss why its on the first respectively the last place and what you especially like about it or where do you think we have some hidden potential or things you would like to see improved or added.

I have a passion for the editor.

It is the thing I am at most home with in Arma.

Other than that, the occasional multiplayer game is played also.

Choose an option and tell us why you prefer this one over the other or why you dislike certain options, if you want.

This knowledge can be very valuable for e.g. BIS to get an impression whats the strongest element of their games, so that they can build upon this or see where you have week spots with potential to make them stronger, especially regarding ARMA III.

The option "mainly editing" stands for making mods and addons with external or BIS programms

Best greetings

PP

I believe that the Single Player aspect should be much stronger, PP. Overall, I found that there were inconsistancies with a few aspects of the game that didn't exactly play out as I'd hoped, and a glitch in the programming that allowed AI to travel through fences and walls did foil an operation a couple times, as well.

The mission editor took about a month for me to master. It's quite fun, but there are some things I'd want improved, i.e. A command library where init. and on-act. commands are all listed out and partially defined, and a few technical things.

I CAN LOVE ARMA WITHOUT MULTIPLAYER, so please, because Multiplayer is a high selling point, don't put 100% of the game into it like most console games have been. I never use multiplayer anyways, and I thoroughly enjoy the AI to their best ability. SinglePlayer is TOP priority guys! Improve those Helicopters!

Also, I have complaints about LOD ratio, but setting graphics higher seems to be ok, but I'd like an option to control it alone.