Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

Community Preview is available

http://takeonthegame.com/download/community-preview/

Welcome to the Take On Helicopters Community Preview!

What? A light helicopter, a new flight model & many other new engine additions / improvements

When? Very soon, and with regular updates

Who? Freely available to anyone who owns Operation Arrowhead

Why? Gathering feedback before the official release, rewarding our loyal community, and preparing the modders!

Where? Find the latest version and changelog on this page (soon)

Important: these releases are very much work-in-progress (wip) and do not feature final content. We’ll try to list major known issues, but if you are not willing to deal with wip features, bugs or instability, please do not try these releases and wait for the game to be finished!

We look forward to receiving your feedback on our official forums, where you can discuss many different aspects of the game. The Community Issue Tracker is also kindly providing a project category to post issues to directly, which is useful for keeping a track of known issues.

Our official forums

Community Issue Tracker

Latest preview version Changelog

TKOH_Community_Public_Build_82161.zip TKOH_Community_Public_Build_82161.log

Edited by ArmAriffic

Well yes, this version seems to be piggybacking on OA a whole lot :)

In an hour I will have about 1 hour window for testing. I'm looking forward to it and also a little afraid of helicopter crashing :o.

I can confirm that on computer without Arrowhead, preview is not working. I wanted to see menu :).

it installs in way similar to OA public betas ...

so You can apply same measures You do usually with betas :)

Dammit, I've been refreshing the download page like forever! :p

Edited by CarlGustaffa
Feedback in wrong thread.

Thanks BIS! To drunk for flying today but there is a day tomorrow...

:)

/KC

Absolutely the way to go BIS, please make something like this also for Arma 3 so that we can have a bugfree Release. :)

Absolutely awesome, I was on the fence with ToH but after seeing this preview, I cant wait to see the first release and hopefully see some of the flight characteristics/handling/toggle options added to ArmA III.

Argh! I can't wait to get home and try this...just two more days...*eyetwitch*

My only issue with it so far is the action menu is kind of hard to know which action is highlighted as the colours pretty much remain the same, regardless of that its pretty cool... I made a video for those who cant try it.....

EDIT:

Discovered you can have different hud colour presets as well as a custom colour :)

IVwD4NYhqHE

I think I need to re-assess my procedure for fast landings now :D

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

Shouldn't have watched..shouldn't have watched..FFffffffffff....

How do I download it? Because every time I click on the .Zip file it just takes me to a white page full of weird symbols...

@Tonci87 That is a great idea actually and I think they should listen to that but then again I know nothing about the commercial aspect of release a WIP release before the game is out (Hackers might be able to pirate it easier or just turn it into a full game?) I'm not sure but I think it is a good idea

-ANGEL

Something rather interesting for TrackIR users (can't speak for Freetrack): 6DOF supported! :yay:

Myke;1965253']Something rather interesting for TrackIR users (can't speak for Freetrack): 6DOF supported! :yay:

And it's incredibly awkward. Then again I was never that comfortable using TIR...

And it's incredibly awkward. Then again I was never that comfortable using TIR...

Completely agree, to me it seems to be oversensitive at the moment. Besides that, i couldn't play ArmA 2 without TIR anymore. :D

Plays very good, I like the userfriendlyness for non-trackir users.

P.S: Seattle beta map in next preview please :D?

Edited by Aspire
Edit

Can't wait to try it. Soon as I get everything up and running on my rig I will try it out. I am very eager to see how realistic those flight controls are.

I tried it, only 1 new Helo but other wise It's cool.

I love the 20k View Distance and Object Draw Distance, we need that in ArmA 2! :)

I tried it, only 1 new Helo but other wise It's cool.

I love the 20k View Distance and Object Draw Distance, we need that in ArmA 2! :)

I'm afraid that viewdistance is more than my poor cpu can bare lol, at least when I make them equal at large distances.

I suck at this, but I still love it. I think I'm going to buy it as soon as it comes out.