Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

Probably you often play as a sniper in the game and underestimate the knife) I'm always attack, and very often go up to the enemy close, use a knife for me, it is often necessary

So use your pistol with silencer ;)

So use your pistol with silencer ;)

Possession of a knife is one of the oldest martial arts, no matter what weapon would be the soldiers of the future with him will always be his faithful friend, a combat knife ...

Call me stupid if you would like, but I would like to see something along the lines of tents in ARMA 3.

Now I know for most they seem irrelivent, but let me explain. With the new fatigue system in the game, carrying a tent in the backpack could be very useful, for many reasons. Firstly, tents come from one man (more a bivi-bag or survival bag) all the way up to a squad sized tent that would need to be stowed in vehicles. Whilst inside, time can skip forward if the game allows it, but more importantly, characters recover quicker, and the tents would be made of some special material that has no thermal signature and no NV signature, thus making those inside at night invisible. It could also be used for storage too, making it a valid asset for players who like sandbox missions or sustained operations, especially in multiplayer.

Next, call me crazy again, an option to turn on a survival mode where players need to keep warm,sleep, eat and drink. Things like that, not hard to do, just a few bars that tick down, and if they hit zero, things start to go south. Thus carrying water, rations, tents and stoves and stuff becomes important, and another thing for some players to consider when doing milsim missions or sustained operations like me and a few friends wan't to do.

Along the tent lines, simples, camo nets (in varying sizes) that can be deployed to conceal anything from sniper teams, to artillery, to vehicles. And finally, larger drones such as the Crusher with multiple variations including a pack mule version, just for those special ops teams who need something for fire support or gear hauling where vehicles aren't apropriate.

Also, mega customization please :D

Finally get RTE and AAR from VBS2 / or something similar.

http://developer.vbs2.com/manuals/Content/Admin_Manual/AAR_Playback.htm

Next, call me crazy again, an option to turn on a survival mode where players need to keep warm,sleep, eat and drink. Things like that, not hard to do, just a few bars that tick down, and if they hit zero, things start to go south. Thus carrying water, rations, tents and stoves and stuff becomes important, and another thing for some players to consider when doing milsim missions or sustained operations like me and a few friends wan't to do.
Meh, aslong as eating and drinking gets automatically done, keep the need to have it/carry it.

Would get abit gimmicky and forgotten down the line though.

Edited by SAbre4809

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but how about the ability for the AI to determine someone is inside a building/structure to where they will use explosives on it, for instance a tank firing HE shells on a building occupied by opponents, or an enemy heli doing something similar. Right now you are pretty safe inside a structure so long as you keep low from the machine gun fire or the occasional BMP cannon fire. Aside from that, nothing will try to destroy the building to get to you outright accept for direct fire from artillery and that's only because they (the artillery gunners) have no other option to shoot yah with.

Well, most likely people already said it, but here I go:

1. Camo like in OFP (2001); hide in a Bush, wearing a ghilliesuit, and enemy AI's walk right past you without noticing; but since Arma 1, the (especially) enemy "spotability" just went from realistic to "X-Ray-FullBright-Thermal-Hawkeye-Vision". While the enemy see's you even when wearing a ghilliesuit and lying in tall grass, you own friendly AI's never shoot somebody unless they are in range to beat them to death with a stick. :-/

2. AI's like in OFP: AI's where actually moving, but since Arma1 and even worse Arma2, they hesitate to even walk 5 steps before lying down, screaming "MOVING", and eventually get shot after 5 seconds. And why are only the enemy AI's shooting, but the friendlies never kill anything?

For me ArmA2/OA has always been primarily a long-range combat game. The reason is that moving around inside buildings is frustrating. The simulation of your body is nice, but the mechanics of actually getting yourself through a door and oriented the right way is just clunky.

In real life I can move through doorways without even thinking about it. I can edge around corners without bumping into them. In the game that's always been somewhat difficult.

If there is one single improvement made to the physics/engine in ArmA3 I really, really, really would like to see smoother and more fluid movement through close spaces like the interiors of buildings.

I understand the challenges in a simulator. I leave it to others how to address those challenges, but it really harms the playability in city settings. I hate getting shot because I can't figure out how to fit my body through a door and get to cover...

---------- Post added at 03:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------

Wish #2 - Better AI.

Obvious point is obvious--better AI is always better. The AI is an important part of this game.

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 AM ----------

WISH #3 -

*NOT* more guns/vehicles/etc, there are LOADS of these in ArmA/OA/BAF/PMC/etc. and they can ALWAYS be added via DLC.

It's not that I don't think there is room for more.

It's that I think you guys should devote your time and energy to the fundamentals of the game, the engine, the mechanics, the housekeeping, getting the bugs out, and so on. If ArmA3 comes out of the box with vanilla guns and equipment but an AWESOME platform, then all the frills like new weapons and vehicles can come later via DLC.

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 AM ----------

WISH #4 - Debug Tools / Support for Scripting

I tried my hand at scripting a bunch of scenarios in ArmA2 and it was lots and lots of fun, but sometimes it was really really frustrating. The frustrating moments were when something just didn't work, and there was no obvious reason why it wasn't working. In the end I'd find out that I'd put something in a wrong context, an object wasn't created at that point in time, or I'd got some arguments to a script command wrong. Sometimes I would never figure it out, and find some other way to do things.

But it would always be a big mystery, and take me hours of hunting through forums and trying things out to find out why.

Improving the ability to debug scripts would be amazing. I don't know how this could work--maybe better debug logs? Or some tools? Better static or runtime analysis to catch basic script errors? Or I don't know, I'll leave it for you guys to figure out.

But if you could improve the experience of finding and fixing problems in scripts that would be great.

On a related note, better and more complete reference documentation for the script commands, with commented examples. Some of the script commands I didn't really understand until I googled them and found 3rd party uses. That makes it all a kind of black magic, when really it should be documented better. I know that's boring.. but scripting is a big part of ArmA! So it should be well supported.

Yeah that old movement in buildings issue is the sole reason I'd never really attempt too much PVP, frustrating enough against AI.

I wish there was some way to continue large coop missions on dedicated server where you left off. Lets say you have huge coop map lasting 2-3 hours without respawns and 30 people playing it. Then after 1 hour entire team is killed by some unfortunate mishap. After that you could decide to continue where you left off after couple of days with the same 30 guys.

Full savegames could be problematic on dedicated server, but how about some "rallying point" or "checkpoint" half way in the mission where you'd be able continue. This would not have as much data as save files, since enemies killed before "checkpoint" would just vanish and no unit locations or damage would be stored etc. Just the data or info that you start the mission at certain point.

This "checkpoint" could be defined by the mission designer in the editor and triggered automatically when eg. certain amount of objectives are met. In the mission selection then the server admin could then prompted wheter he'd like to continue the mission from the "checkpoint" or start from scratch.

Such system if properly implemented would allow sort of "save games" on dedicated servers without the need for large save files and synch problems and thus probably allow even campaigns on dedicated servers.

Can I suggest something for vehicle dampers maybe get RotationZ to work with TranslationY on the dampers to give a bend effect. Not just a linear motion. Below is a small examine of what I would like to see working ingame For ARMA III.

What I woul like to see is a Swedish Combat Boat 90 with waterjet engine that could quickley make raids into enemy costal installments and be able to launch and recover diver

s and manage thier own combat missions with a map"drag and drop" feature so that the player can get home fast to a safehouse somewhere.Perhaps it`s possible to make a "door"

to accsess the Sub,adding a large room (invisable)to it and a "move Object to a MapGrid" in a certain timeframe to make it move there (autopilot).

Add Spearguns to the divers and the ability to drop a explosive device somewhere close to/attach to enemy diver.Maybe even a flaregun or homing beacon to find him out on the open sea.

Epic and realistic explosions, with epic and realistic sound FX included

What would be so cool to see in Arma3 is using the user made helicopters,the ability to "Add the Brain",flight characteristics of TOH to them and make the AI`s be able to jump into the water like Navy Seals from them.Please ,also fix the problems with Halo,HAHO that

people have talked about.Free moving inside of planes,Static Line jumping and maybe even

COD-Style sights/shooting.

What I like to see is Radio operators in game.And a change to the Armoury;to be able to use All item out of the box;testing that armoured Limo and its minigun and instantly putting it into my mission editor and go back for more.A drop down list to pick a script and randomizer to insert any action on the fly for any unit and a easy way to drop and drag any event ,gun or action,timed or not,onto any car,any seat ,any weapon station,change or replace any parts of any vessel,change coulor and so on in some sort of "Wehicle Editor".

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

A personel editor to be able to change any ones outfitt on my team.A diver might have a Speargun or a Crossbow,A Pilot might have a an invisable suit inderneath a pilot gear,maybe a ghile suit to be able to hide in the presence of the enemy,a loadout screen to pick out gear for that event he get shot down,to have 2 gear on him at once.

The ability to add action on the fly(Seals:Find and Recover that Pilot) as I`m playing.

The ability to try out various things like setting the propability that the enemy can/will spot me to 50%,Visibility to 75% and Vind Direction on the fly.

Randomize enemy actions.

Be able to "Spawn weapon in the hands of Player,setting Direction in degrees,through a car window.

Be able to overhear what player on the other team is saying to one another,if close.

To build houses of premade parts.To clear houses as Rainbow Six game.

To have auto-download of Patch and to Revert to Previous Build,too.

To be able to have some sort of system that check that an add on are combatable,working

and not cousing any instability and if,can deacivate parts that makes system become unstable,looking and downloading updates and new version of addon,when availeble.

Make possible to make own plug-in program that can run a unit OUTSIDE of Arma 3,if need be,making it less CPU demanding.

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

Make editor that can make any item movable and placeble possable to interact with,placing

trigger onto an item,IED onto a BackPack a Flaregun attached to a Zone Alarm with SCRIPT

"If_PLAYER_WALKS_INTO_ZONE_"BLUE"_SOUND_ALARM_4_PLAY_"WAR MUSIC"_"NUMBER_4".(or whatever).

Script linked to music ,everything ready via auto-download of New Functions from websites

like Armahollic.IN DropDown list please.

This may have been mentioned.. Id like a more realistically destructible environment.. For example instead of a building falling apart in the same way every time, it actually falls apart where the damage was taken.. Sand bags fall apart and spill sand after enough bullets strike them. Trees get blown in half, or in quarter portions. Perhaps craters from arty and mortors wont just be black spots with a little bit of a dip but a big hole instead? Just some ideas

I am sorry, but what? Why? I don't think anyone (except you) wants that.... Then again its a wish list...

*Monacle pops out, Spits out tea*

Dear god man....

*Looks for lynching club*

I am sorry, but what? Why? I don't think anyone (except you) wants that.... Then again its a wish list...

I am with you on that one!

*Monacle pops out, Spits out tea*

Dear god man....

*Looks for lynching club*

LOL... I feel you. People should know better than to use the C word in here :D

It would be kinda pointless to make the game more like COD due to the fact that probably (my guess) 90% of all games out there tries to imitate COD more or less. Unfortunately, I'm worried that the game will be more like COD, whenever it is codified by 2% or 30%..its bad.

Another one from me after once again scouring Armaholic for skins.

With customization supposedly playing a big part in the game, for gods sake make it good. I will post down how I think it should be done, and then after that, the features I think should be put in to make it even better.

Tier one of customization is simple, clothes. Slam in a wide variety of boots, trousers, belts, gloves, tops, hats and accessiories such as; Watches, heart rate monitors, knee/elbow pads, glasses, scarfs, goggles, ect. Just so that even without armour, we can trick ourselves out to look cool, best example, just like Rainbow Six Vegas 2 did. Make customization actually custom.

Tier two, after your clothing and accessories are set, you pick your combat gear, for this there will be body items such as tactical vests, bandoliers, webbing and other load bearing equipment. Helmets, combat visors and other such stuff should come in after that, but bear in mind that these should be blank slates, just the vest itself or helmet instead. And also, seing as its becoming more popular with modern soldiers, other armour such as arm guards, shin pads, shoulder guards, neck protectors and the like too.

Finally, and this is where the real dreams start to take fold, have pouches custom fitted to the gear, not as in, pouch layout 1 - 6, as in, you pick the pouches you wan't on your character, whether that be on his vest, his belt, or whatever. If there are MOLLE strips, and enough space, you can strap pouches to it. The effect of this would be that it dictactes what you carry in game. So, if I have no magazine pouches, I can't carry magazines, and so on and so forth.

Also on this tier, add backpacks (lots of them) including hydration packs and the like, let us put some more pouches on thigh rigs, belts and even let us tool up our helmet and gear with other accessories such as IR strobes, cats eyes, NVG's, goggles, flashlights, chemlights, zip-cuffs, camera's and all that other jaz that makes playing a soldier cool.

Plus with the gun customization that already sounds promising, not only will you have amazing looking soldiers, and great variety, but also, an extremely happy fanbase! I know it sounds overkill, but if its worth doing its worth doing well, plus its easy to randomly genorate for things like AI.

On an ending not, add in lots of camo's that can be applied to every piece of gear, and for the love of god please let us add pouches to backpacks and vests and such in game, though the idea is sound, if I pick up an enemy tacvest, I would like to rip my pouches off of my vest and stick it on there.

Thats my dream though :D

Naah, we don't want no action game features here. That would mean no infantry 3rd person, something that is desperately needed by 70% of the sim players :p /sarcasm

And just for the record -> :p

It's only the editor that has carried Arma for me, but now ive uninstalled the game because I'm no coder/scripter and im tired of wasting precious time trying to get things to work... And I've wasted a lot off time in the editor and MP is dead unless you belong to a clan etc!

I think they have picked up their game and will be providing a lot of features that are old hat in other shooters like rag doll, physics etc.. We've been wanting that for a long time now but for me it feels too little too late.

In hind sight my only wish is they provide tools to be able to create big epic ongoing (persistent) SP battles in the editor with AI respawn, some sort of re-capturable zones etc, that's what sets Arma apart is it's sheer size and awesome user addons, but you cannot really use them in any "Arma" kind off way? Unless you're an uber scripter or use some off the cool add ons like DAC/Ups

I doubt they will provide any new editor tools etc so Arma is pretty much dead for me now, but will give PR a go as maybe they will finally provide some worthy online gameplay

Edited by Katipo66