Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

That's badass. Don't the Swedes have a 120mm mortar vehicle that can do MRSI as well? I seem to remember playing with something like that years ago in OFP. I think it had two barrels and some insanely high rate of fire.

Aah you mean this one.:)

That's the one! I'd really like to see them both, but vehicles like these may be a bit too specialized and therefore not be part of the original content. They'd make a great addon in that case. *hint hint*

The swedish forces pack has an GRKPBV 120 in thier pack and they are currently working on a Archer. :)

On topic.

The Archer could be a very possible artillery system in the future in europe so I'd really want one or two on the battlefield. I wouldn't like to be the enemy though. :D

i like MOST of the ideas. Moveable inside Vehicles, Shoot out of them, Shoot out of vehicles, and actually open the door/Ramp to get out. dont just teleport out of vehicles.

and make the people inside be able to get shot and the ability to lower ramp on apc guys could roll of and be safe and i noticed you cant roll out of a car in arma 2 OA come on it will let us get out at higher speeds and on c130 etc to evac suvs full of guys {if the plane is big enough }

- Choose specific get out position from vehicles like in VBS. let us choose the safe side of the car to get out, not that one facing towards the enemy.

wich would then be used as cover not the dead body of the guy on other side

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

i saw a post by dyasta and i liike it having huge advantage when in melee assault. They could help soldiers to found hostile, IEDs or other hostile objects.

Even in special-operation the war dogs is useful to scouting and tracking the target.

Here's more info about war dogs: http://science.howstuffworks.com/war-dog.htm/printable

but humans should have the hearing ability to the snap of a branch the splash of the water the foot step

you know so some boot should be padded slow down top speed but silent you kn ow

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

air craft carriers like real life they can have haches on back the have hover craft or a zodac full of divers who know mabe the air craft carrier it self will be on the beach

How about a dynamic movement speed for both units and vehicles?

Regular press forward/backward work as before both in units and vehicles.

Hold shift and you can tap forward/backward x amount of times and gain x amount of speed while holding shift, then when shift is released you stop, brake etc. or you can let go shift and hold forward for full speed , double click for run etc..

This way, one could sneak/move very slowly or just about right for the situation, not just at speed 1 and 2 and 3 (walk,run,sprint), it should also be very easy for player to use as one finger control all with shift or forward.

This also gets vehicles moved very smoothly, not just tap tap tap endless tap to drive slow.

Edited by Demonized

Sounds awkward for keyboard controlled vehicles. However, use of analogue throttle wouldn't be bad for this. Maybe it already works? Haven't checked, three step speed works good enough for me.

There are a few things on my secret wishlist, mostly having to do with enhancements in the way infantry operates, but lately I made public my dissapointment in regards of the rendering of the terrain and I wanted to touch upon it a tad more, without being tiresome.

The rocky cliffs of the Greek landscape is not only a recognisable and distinct feature (also found in other Mediterranean locations but not as extensive) but plays an important role in warfare tactics.

Much of the Greek coastline is inaccesible by land due to the sharp angled cliffs that necessitate either ropped assisted rock climbing or an approach by water.

That means that they form natural "fortifications" in the sense that invaders by the sea will need to climb up using rope and defenders can use the cliff to their advantage as if they were atop castle walls.

That also means that even a stealthy approach from the sea has to be better planned than just coming out of the water and walking inland.

I wish BI can form these cliffs either as terrain features or placed as special rocky models. A few rocks here and there in a softly slopping terrain, might be realistic in certain places but not all of Lemnos meets the water gently. Same thing for hills and mountains, good places for guerilla to retire or operate if their hillsides are not accessible by vehicles and infantry would have to climb up.

That also means that such terrain features would necessitate a climbing animation and maybe some special code as something like that is not present at the moment in Arma, save for ladders.

If rappelling could be included, that would raise the realism even to higher levels and in my opinion add much to gameplay tactics.

If I was a defender, I would most certainly place my observation post or base next to a difficult to access cliff and limit the approaches by the enemy.

If I was an attacker, I might take the hard way up if I was forced to or wanted to surprise the defenders.

The Greek Army trains specifically for this terrain feature.

Warfare in Arma so far has been relatively flat. Even the mountains of Takistan didn't pose much of a challenge.

Arma in general has been a "flat, open terrain" warfare environment.

This picture is from another island, but it clearly demonstrates what I am talking about:

milosfiriplaka.JPG

And this is in action:

http://i.imgur.com/ZphE3.jpg

These snapshots are from around the coastline of Lemnos.

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/40042391.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/40042368.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/15313260.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/26385943.jpg

Edited by arigram

1.) The Map

More features, would like to beable to draw freehand for tactics

Draw straight lines for taking bearings/backbearings

Measure a bearing on the map

2.)10ft Walls, requires 2+ persons

Abit hard to implement properly and not really a feature I really want, just a suggestion

Allow persons to give a leg up, so first person just looks over wall with/without weapon system to check its safe

then the section minus one (or two) [not including the guy giving a leg-up] all jump over the wall and secure the area

last one (or two) get a leg up and lie ontop of the wall, then help the last person who was giving the leg up a lift over the wall

Method of getting over 10ft walls

3.)Free-flowing movement

This is a feature I saw in another game where they had something called free-flow movement? or something similar, this is an interpretation of that.

This will replace the "leg-over" (V) key, you hold it down (or double-tap to toggle) and whenever the soldier comes to an obstacle he will automatically try and get over/under it, if the key is not down he will just run and stop as per usual.

This will make things alot smoother and play alot better IMO, examples:

solder comes to waist-high fence with free-flow key down:

Running - jumps over fence

walking - does the current leg-over fence

solder comes to knee-high box with free-flow key down:

Climbs on box

solider comes to ladder with FF key:

climb ladder

solider comes to small with FF key:

climb over wall

solder comes to a low hole in a wall with FF key:

automatically ducks, goes under the wall, and returns to original stance (standing?)

solder comes to a very low hole in a wall with FF key:

automatically goes prone, goes under the wall, and returns to original stance (standing/crouched?)

I think this will make things smooth and more natural, and of course if you dont have the FF button down then he will behave exactly normal and will just

run to objects and prevent you accidently trying to jump over a wall rather than use it as cover.

How about a dynamic movement speed for both units and vehicles?

Regular press forward/backward work as before both in units and vehicles.

Hold shift and you can tap forward/backward x amount of times and gain x amount of speed while holding shift, then when shift is released you stop, brake etc. or you can let go shift and hold forward for full speed , double click for run etc..

This way, one could sneak/move very slowly or just about right for the situation, not just at speed 1 and 2 and 3 (walk,run,sprint), it should also be very easy for player to use as one finger control all with shift or forward.

This also gets vehicles moved very smoothly, not just tap tap tap endless tap to drive slow.

You are really on to something here.

Hold shift + tap w once, GEAR1

" + tap w a second time goes to gear 2

and so on...

And as a related problem..Go to much RPM, and you break the

engine..

NICE

3.)Free-flowing movement

This is a feature I saw in another game where they had something called free-flow movement?

You are referring to the fast paced FPS game Brink.

Though i like the idea of the auto movement, adding auto things like this only serves to dumb down the game, but as an option implemented to work with any official or user made maps and environments, sure.

But adapting it to all kinds of environment will be a big task, as brink relyes on pre made animations for any obstacle....

I was thinking...

Now that we have RTT feature. It would be cool if the soldier/people had working/usable watches on their hand, that would be visible when holding the rifle upwright (hope I wrote that corectly).

Also it would be grate to have a GPS similar to some sort of PDA device on the same hand as watch so that you could look at it similar as curent "Ctrl+M".

It would be more practical and more imersing than the current "pop-up" GPS/watch/compas.

Guys all I wanted to say is I just watched a new Arma 3 video and though Arma 2 really has me still blocked on my pc and I'm far from done with it.. but you guys MUST enable most vehicle's and vehicle slots to have a possibility to shoot out of it with your assault rifle or pistol etc. not AT or that but it would really help in missions where you're out of option but to flee and be able to suppress the enemy as a passenger instead of sitting and doing nothing.. that's the only thing that sometimes makes wish..=) <3 and also to have an option to sit anywhere something like VBS has.. instead of always sitting somewhere in order..=P

Arma 3 drive by =D

Edited by RavoC

Guys all I wanted to say is I just watched a new Arma 3 video and though Arma 2 really has me still blocked on my pc and I'm far from done with it.. but you guys MUST enable most vehicle's and vehicle slots to have a possibility to shoot out of it with your assault rifle or pistol etc.

The devs have already expressed their wishes to do so, but aren't really sure if they are going to implement it.

On the + side, since PhysX is getting into the game, we could see the ability to stand inside larger vehicles (eg. a Chinook or Osprey) without actually having to use the command to get in :yay:

There are a few things on my secret wishlist, mostly having to do with enhancements in the way infantry operates, but lately I made public my dissapointment in regards of the rendering of the terrain and I wanted to touch upon it a tad more, without being tiresome.

The rocky cliffs of the Greek landscape is not only a recognisable and distinct feature (also found in other Mediterranean locations but not as extensive) but plays an important role in warfare tactics.

Much of the Greek coastline is inaccesible by land due to the sharp angled cliffs that necessitate either ropped assisted rock climbing or an approach by water.

That means that they form natural "fortifications" in the sense that invaders by the sea will need to climb up using rope and defenders can use the cliff to their advantage as if they were atop castle walls.

That also means that even a stealthy approach from the sea has to be better planned than just coming out of the water and walking inland.

I wish BI can form these cliffs either as terrain features or placed as special rocky models. A few rocks here and there in a softly slopping terrain, might be realistic in certain places but not all of Lemnos meets the water gently. Same thing for hills and mountains, good places for guerilla to retire or operate if their hillsides are not accessible by vehicles and infantry would have to climb up.

That also means that such terrain features would necessitate a climbing animation and maybe some special code as something like that is not present at the moment in Arma, save for ladders.

If rappelling could be included, that would raise the realism even to higher levels and in my opinion add much to gameplay tactics.

If I was a defender, I would most certainly place my observation post or base next to a difficult to access cliff and limit the approaches by the enemy.

If I was an attacker, I might take the hard way up if I was forced to or wanted to surprise the defenders.

The Greek Army trains specifically for this terrain feature.

Warfare in Arma so far has been relatively flat. Even the mountains of Takistan didn't pose much of a challenge.

Arma in general has been a "flat, open terrain" warfare environment.

This picture is from another island, but it clearly demonstrates what I am talking about:

milosfiriplaka.JPG

And this is in action:

http://i.imgur.com/ZphE3.jpg

These snapshots are from around the coastline of Lemnos.

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/40042391.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/40042368.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/15313260.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/26385943.jpg

I believe I've already posted about this in this thread already, but I want to re-iterate that unpassable terrain is something I would very much love to see in ArmA. I would have to believe that the main reason it's not in is AI walking off the cliff related :p.

what about serveur control ?

- Improved admin interface:

- Kick ( timer ) / Ban / more powerfull ( key id / ip )

- Better anti cheat system ( just improve actual system ) / server hack

- Team balencer config

- Admin can switch player into diferent side

- Auto Map cycle ( and enable vote for change map )

I just had an idea. What with the IED scripts introduced in operation Arrowhead and it seems plenty of new booby-traps such as bouncing mines and 'directional explosives', and given that there are already many animals available in the Arma series more generally, wouldn't it be cool to have improved bomb-sniffer dog (EDD) mechanics to provide infantry patrols with more protection against IEDs and mines?

The way I imagine it is this - a dog-whistle is placed in the inventory of the controlling soldier like any other misc item from the ammo-boxes. The dog will spawn once the item is put into the players inventory. During operations, the dog moves about randomly in front of the advancing infantryman, perhaps investigating walls/trees/objects/parked vehicles and can be issued a variable distance to patrol ahead of the infantry through a context menu item similar to the radio "dog whistle - 1, 2, 3, 4" etc. If the dog comes into a predefined range of an IED, it might stop and sniff at it, or bark excitedly or generally indicate that it has found a possible IED and maybe even where it is hidden. The dog can then be recalled to heel, and the explosive dealt with in due order.

Edited by kinderkrieg

All I want is AC-17 (AC-130 is also acceptable, just not likely)

AC-17_2_smaller.JPG

SUCK_THIS_by_REDDM.jpg

Edited by Dysta

And for that request to happen, Planes need the ability for turrets. Please and thank you.

One thing I am hoping for is a more.....ummm....less idiotic view from inside their Armor units....having actually drove a M1A1, I can tell you right now, that view from being turned in is not anywhere near what it looks like in game.....

How about at least a half assed realistic view?

And fix the Commander / Gunner relations inside too....

I loved the models of their units, but the working part of them left a big hole in the realism. If they would just take 10 minutes and even google Armor units and models for insides...it would make a big difference.

The ability to take your enemies clothes has It's flaws..

While I consider the idea itself as execellent, there's one problem with it..

If you're shooting someone down and take their clothes their clothes would be full of bulletholes. Not to mention all the blood that would be all over the clothes.

Maybe it would be possible to make the clothes useless when it comes to disguise if you shot at them. Also, It feels like you're able to change clothes AWAY to quickly. Gives me flashbacks from Hitman while I am being hunted by a group of angry thugs and change clothes in two seconds and get away with it. It would be better with a longer animation or something that simply delays it.

Since OFP days these games have needed a 'combat - carless' mode. So a vehicle will keep driving into and enemy position but engage like they were on combat. Also if vehicle was knackered, then the would get out fighting. Also this would work on infantry, as they would keep charging on the enemy, even if they were being cut down.

Just a thought.

Cheers

GC

The ability to take your enemies clothes has It's flaws..

While I consider the idea itself as execellent, there's one problem with it..

If you're shooting someone down and take their clothes their clothes would be full of bulletholes. Not to mention all the blood that would be all over the clothes.

As with a lot of suggestions here i think you're over thinking it, how else would you obtain clothes?

Now with the "change clothing" option, I wonder if there will be scripting commands to set all the equipment appropriately.

As with a lot of suggestions here i think you're over thinking it, how else would you obtain clothes?

Maybe I do overthink it, but I believe it would be a quite critical feature in order to make it less arcadeish.

One option could simply be that you'll have to shot the NPC in the head in order to be able to use the clothes and disguise yourself. This means that if you throw a grenade, or put a few rounds in the chest in the NPC, you won't be able to use the clothes to disguise yourself due to blood stains and damage on the clothes (whenever you can see the bloodstains and the damage done to it is quite irrelevant though).

When it comes to changing clothes it could be more broken a part. Like when you're standing close to the corpse, you can click on Change clothes, and when you do so, you'll have to click on Put on boots, put on pants, put on west, put on helmet while a animation does it when you've clicked. Would means that it would take time to change clothes, but it would also mean that you just can change your helmet for instance.

Edited by Cyper