Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

I don't think BIS have the power to DOS peoples' accounts on other services.

I love how all the dates are wrong since when dose ww2 start in Aug?

01AUG39 Nice Fail hackers.

What are you going to argue with, some stupid books, or a time travelling hacking program from the future?

Anyone remembers this thread?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92161

no need to rely just on Havok

better to utilize P.A.L. (Physics Abstraction Layer) while use as base physical engine e.g. Bullet Physics Library

this way You get easy access to cost effective (no license fees) OpenCL accelerated physics

You can also then interact Bullet with e.g. DMM and accelerate both via OpenCL

while Euphoria is nice

yet any proper realtime (semi/full)procedural animation blending would be enough ...

also there are similar middlewares around with better price tag ...

e.g. Locomotion for walking

the LUA part raise the question is if it's worth it

or why not look for something what may challenge LUA, one of candidates may be AngelScript

some may fight for good old Python

in the end just evolve SQF + allow direct C++ API linking to the application (hint VBS2Fusion)

C++ code build with Intel TBB/IPP/etc or Parallel Studio

combined with DX11 to squeeze max of todays PC platforms

the above is just example that You should always consider other ways

You don't realise the seed of hope you planted sir.

However, there are so much issues (MP client sync, blabla) that must hamper really getting there.

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

Allthough they are small compared to bigger studio's, don't underestimate the brains they have.

don't loose hope

some of these were already captured and now being examined in our underground facilities ...

Anyway i think Dwarden knew more back then, i never believe all this will be just for just an update anyway! "units bug fixes new content and just maybe extra units" It has to be bigger then that if you may ask me, or it is a engine update of our current ArmA 2 or it IS ArmA 3!

kind regards

Edited by KBourne

forget about PAL, it turned not to be usable ... it degrades all the physical engines to basics and fails to support even single one to full potencial ...

also that post is so damn old that i would not bother much with it

hum but you didn't cancel the physics right ? ;)

forget about PAL, it turned not to be usable ... it degrades all the physical engines to basics and fails to support even single one to full potencial ...

also that post is so damn old that i would not bother much with it

At least we see a dev in here for once :D ah well it was worth a shot hey ;) i know it was old but it putted me to thinking that bis is working on physical aspects like bullets and maybe destruction.

i was not far enough in the thread doh, i was more bored and then i just start to read stuff important or non important it does not matter :cool:

kind regards

I'm assuming it's going to be another expansion sorta the size of OA. I'm hoping it'll be that anyways. I'm not really looking for ArmA 3 as that'll just throw off our addon developers' work and I'm not really looking forward to another game. BIS already has two other major projects on their plate (ToH and CC)

I think this thread has officaly died, i still keep hitting F5 waitng to look through pages of information :( comon hackers i need something to keep me entertained over the weekend ;)

hmm good thinking Gossamer could be right, what ever it is though its got me excited lets just hope its not a project for 2012/2013 lol ^^

i just want the next clue and solve it

i love thos puzzles and watching how we solve them all together

just want to say thanks to BIS for this great idea

could you maybe tell me when its over whos idea this was? I mean the precise concept not the general idea of an ARG or puzzle to announce your project

greetings

PP

Edited by PurePassion

i just want the next clue and solve it

i love thos puzzles and watching how we solve them all together

just want to say thanks to BIS for this great idea

I completly agree to that, even if we dont get it right taking part is FUN! and even when we are late to the party its still fun reading through how people cracked the codes! they should release a hack every 6 hours or something :p Kind of shows the commuinity working togther something not oftern seen that much with such passion lol

And it would give BIS a rich pool of ideas and expectations for the future . . . kinda like a creative focus group.

cj

Edited by cjph
My speling is rubish

And it would give BIS a rich pool of ideas and expectations for the future . . . kinda like a creative focus group.

cj

Like a Think Tank?

Like a Think Tank?

A tank you control with your mind!!!!

I'm kidding of course... or am I?

Well I can't really think of anything else besides BIS behind this unless this idiot truly means what he wants as in "The Mighty Persia rises again!" Shown on his steam account.

Reason I think it was BIS. How the hell does P8H8 group member get into steam community and become a admin of the group when Dwarden is online but yet P8H8 still remains online.

Secondly: This account: http://steamcommunity.com/id/P8H8CyrusTheGreat was made in May 12th 2011. Now I highly doubt P8H8 can hack into steam. I can understand a website but not steam. The stuff made sounds like a upcoming game or something like that as I understand BIS has been really busy lately with a bunch of games they are making. I think it might be a game or DLC about Persia or a country fighting to bring back Persia. So... All the research I collected in my opinion tells me some idiot thinks he is going to bring back Persia by making funny stories or he BIS is trying to make us solve something for a upcoming clue to a game.

Well I can't really think of anything else besides BIS behind this unless this idiot truly means what he wants as in "The Mighty Persia rises again!" Shown on his steam account.

Reason I think it was BIS. How the hell does P8H8 group member get into steam community and become a admin of the group when Dwarden is online but yet P8H8 still remains online.

Secondly: This account: http://steamcommunity.com/id/P8H8CyrusTheGreat was made in May 12th 2011. Now I highly doubt P8H8 can hack into steam. I can understand a website but not steam. The stuff made sounds like a upcoming game or something like that as I understand BIS has been really busy lately with a bunch of games they are making. I think it might be a game or DLC about Persia or a country fighting to bring back Persia. So... All the research I collected in my opinion tells me some idiot thinks he is going to bring back Persia by making funny stories or he BIS is trying to make us solve something for a upcoming clue to a game.

We've known it was BIS since the beginning pretty much. Or at least we were 99% sure.

Seeing how we get this time warp thing as a first thought and the wall brings me to berlin and the cold war, is it possible that the current situation is sort of like a cold war with Iran/Persia? I also know that outerra is going to be used in some alpha demo game to try and develop it more. It was stated "in a few months" back in march. If Miller is a character in game, then he is involved. The physics with the wall is interesting aswell. The relevance of greece is also intriguing, they are also somehow involved. The tatra truck is modelled already in outerra and featured in a few demo videos. The relevance of all the world wars spanning large areas also brings me to the outerra engine.

World conquerers, "the world will change", the map, the global events, it has some relevance to my theory.

I know that this seems a little far fetched and myself am a bit sceptic, but its what im thinking with the evidence we have. I am having a hard time convincing myself, so dont think i really think its going to be this, just an idea that came to mind.

This thread is so full of speculation that there is little room for useful information (even if there's not much to be found). It's hard to tell if there's actually any progress being made on this ARG, if that's what it even is.

At this point, it's pretty much impossible to know where the hell this is going. I suck at playing ARGs, but I had expected this to be leading somewhere by now...

I hope this next game is modern not set in the cold war (yn)

I'm fairly sure its modern. I wish it was Cold War though. I would love to do an all out World War III Fulda Gap type thing.

If you want useful information check the wiki:

http://armaenigma.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Beyond that all there is, is speculation on trying to piece together all the clues.

Indeed, there's not a lot of evidence there to support some of the speculation I've been seeing. Perhaps after the Take On announcement BIS decided to step up the difficulty of their ARGs. TBH, I personally don't care much for these games; they tend to create a lot of speculation. In my experiences on this forum, speculation usually leads to disappointment. Not that I don't believe BI could be working on something nice, but they're really good at surprising us.

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

I'm not one to speculate, but if this so-called Captain Miller is the main protagonist, and his supposed birth year being 1992 is correct, that would seemingly set it in the near future.

That said, I'm still hoping to see BI return to the Cold War period. It's just not explored enough in games anymore; at least nowhere near as much as modern or WWII settings (which dominate all military themed games). Also, leaving the modern scene would allow BIS to polish/perfect more of the fundementals of traditional warfare rather than concentrate on more modern/hi-tech aspects.