Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

00 days, 03h 3xm xxs

Untill the next hack.. back to topic who guesses what the next hack will be about?

Will it be about , betrayal, stolen data and hacks .... ?

i really think we will somehow gonna find a link to an webpage runned by the hacker group where we will find leaked informations about the upcoming project

and after this BI will blame the hacker group for publishing the secret data and excuse themselves

after this we will have a propper and official announcement

and were all gonna be happy, surprised and excited!!! :yay:

Wishfull thinking i like it :P im exciting now, but i was before the last 3 hacks ^^ But since its a saturday here's to hoping :P

I think we will see some more Persian, Greece, War References lol. Id bet some money on it haha :P

Hopefully we'll see something that links with UnuldorCZ's map and Greece. Those two are pretty isolated at the moment. That's if there is another hack.

probably continue until E3... just to drive us mad... lol.

We get a Web page with a big "HA HA Fools" thats all.

April fools 2500 :P

(the date of modification for one of the pictures was 01.04.2500)

the number 500 played a very important role in a lot of clues but we still dont know the meaning....

The game is set in 2500. Miller has to travel 480 years into the future onboard a time travelling submarine (Astute is able to time travel in order to be completed by the time Arma 3 is released) to prevent General Guba from travelling 518 years into the past and invading Nogova.

Edited by Daniel

Didn't the hacker say "good bye" after the last hint? I thought that meant the hacks were over.

@ daniel i hope this will stay as an crazy idea in your mind

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

ohh and sry ESC

but there is something way more important!

( well it sucks anyways....)

and yes i also think it would be strange if we would have another hack by the "hackers" because they some how really said good bye

* It is unclear whether this attack will take place at all, since one of the hackers wrote خداحاÙظ ("Bye" in Persian) after the previous one.

* If an attack takes place, it is possible that Millers date of birth has something to do with it, since the seeker.exe would have reached its end around this time, had it been left running at normal speed.

Edited by PurePassion

He might of just been saying 'Goodbye' on Steam... ^^

They cant really give us loads of clues then when we cant decipther them just decide not to give us anymore lol! they gotta keep going untill we finally click what this is all about ^^

On the other hand it could mean that they are finally revealing the whole secret. Ivan Buchta is giving a talk this monday. Who knows...

We usually get a good understanding of whats going on when the last clue appears, If tonights clue is the last clue, we shouldn't be as clueless as we are now.

Something ive been thinking about.

We have a map which appears to be an invasion of Europe.

We have Miller, a commanding officer of a British Special Forces unit born 22nd of June 1992

We have a list of Guerilla leaders and the dates the came to their infamy

If we can put this together, Perhaps Miller is the leader of a guerilla force rebelling against and invasion force... a renewed Persia

With the day of clues about Greece, perhaps this will be the stomping ground for the ensuing battle

If we can put this together, Perhaps Miller is the leader of a guerilla force rebelling against and invasion force... a renewed Persia

That's a good shout. It would make sense for western countries to try to intervene while avoiding WW3. There would even be an excuse for some cameo appearances. Arma 3 has the potential to be so good.

As you can see i'm wearing my optimistic hat today. :)

As you can see i'm wearing my optimistic hat today.

This one?

g_whirly_hat.jpg

I was hoping for a World War III Fulda Gap type scenario but if the campaign ends up being a more realistic version of Resistance I would be quite happy.

We usually get a good understanding of whats going on when the last clue appears, If tonights clue is the last clue, we shouldn't be as clueless as we are now.

Something ive been thinking about.

We have a map which appears to be an invasion of Europe.

We have Miller, a commanding officer of a British Special Forces unit born 22nd of June 1992

We have a list of Guerilla leaders and the dates the came to their infamy

With the day of clues about Greece, perhaps this will be the stomping ground for the ensuing battle

Yes, this has been posted a few times. But I guess there's little permanence to anything posted in this thread. :p

You have to keep in mind China - it's quite obvious from the map that even a huge, imperial Persia could not grab that much land.

As you can see i'm wearing my optimistic hat today. :)

It seems to soon to be releasing arma3 in the next few months. When all said and done, there must be some of the BIS team working on the very basics of Arma3. Working on the 'what does arma3 need' list.

If by some chance it is arma3, I hope that the A2, OA, BAF and PMC content will be available to play with in Arma3.

I know countless things get posted and missed on this thread, Im probably one for both. Its just when going through the wiki about the hacks, All 'retlative' information isnt posted.

After reading very little about the persians, i found the wiki page (probably along with every person that posts positively in this thread)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achaemenid_Empire

The achaemenid empire was the biggest of the Persian empires. At its biggest, it ruled southern greece.

Cyrus the Great

Cyrus II

Cyrus Of Persia

are all the same person, and was the founder of the Achaemenid Empire

Edited by CannonousCrash

It seems to soon to be releasing arma3 in the next few months.

Ha, it's not that optimistic a hat. If it is Arma 3 they're working on, i'd still expect a good year or two before release. But here's hoping.

@Jakerod, the very same! :eek:

Edited by Daniel

About the whole Greece angle

Why would anyone want to invade Greece?

Oil = njet

Technological or Heavy Industrial Complexes = njet

Vital infrastructural entry to Europe = njet

Functional Economy = njet

Difficult to invade (deep valleys and countless island) = da

Before everyone goes 'Its der Chineese duurrrr' imagine the logistical nightmare of supporting your troops halfway around the globe.

I really hope the next story proves to have a little more depth to it than PMC DLC did. I hope the next package shows a war fought for the most unfair and petty of reasons; and warfare itself as a fearsome and terrible beast. Words that do not automatically make a story good are: Nuclear, biological, or chemical-- weapons. Vague references to 'Cyber warfare'. And bands of heroes who somehow swoop in to save the day.

-k

Edited by NkEnNy

This has been clarified before, optimistic or not: Bohemia have had nearly ten years to work on a new engine, and they have said themselves that they don't like the engine they are using.

There are several other facts to show they are done with ArmA 2. (such as the fact they recently released ArmA:CO and ArmA:RFT, indicating they have wrapped up all the DLC and are moving on. Also, we are now approaching the exact time gap between ArmA and ArmA 2, therefore it is perfectly possible that this could be the next ArmA).

Before everyone goes 'Its der Chineese duurrrr' imagine the logistical nightmare of supporting your troops halfway around the globe.

-k

Tell that to the USA in Afganistan ^^ i know its not a full scale invasion. But Iraq/Afganistan lol :confused:

Maybe China would get support from the russians and others.. :s like the US does UK Europe

P.s i love the word 'Empire' sounds soo strong and powerful :P

Edited by MattXR

they have said themselves that they don't like the engine they are using.

:icon_question:

where do you have this from?