Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Maybe China would get support from the russians and others.. :s like the US does UK Europe

I think it's more likely China would be supporting Iran. So you'd end up with a proxy war of Iran (backed by China) vs Resistance (backed by Western powers).

Still sounds a bit weird though. I would have thought BIS would go for a more localized conflict, perhaps confined to a Greek island or two. It seems more BIS's style. That's why the Europe Map is throwing me.

I am wondering about the "17AB group" aimed to Switzerland ... what are they looking for ? Chocolate ?

About the whole Greece angle

Why would anyone want to invade Greece?

Oil = njet

Technological or Heavy Industrial Complexes = njet

Vital infrastructural entry to Europe = njet

Functional Economy = njet

Difficult to invade (deep valleys and countless island) = da

Before everyone goes 'Its der Chineese duurrrr' imagine the logistical nightmare of supporting your troops halfway around the globe.

I really hope the next story proves to have a little more depth to it than PMC did. I hope the next package shows a war fought for the most unfair and petty of reasons; and warfare itself as a fearsome and terrible beast.

Words that do not automatically make a story good are: Nuclear, biological, or chemical-- weapons. Vague references to 'Cyber warfare'. And bands of heroes who somehow swoop in to save the day.

-k

Greece is the first piece of land after Asia Minor. You could KISS (now a verb!) and argue the conflict detailed in the upcoming game/campaign takes place at the frontline. Remember that the map shows a plan, and it has been fetched through interrogation and similar means from someone's head. That doesn't mean it shows a snap photo of the situation time-wise -- why on earth would the UK put SBS ops in Greece if China was landing in Galaway?

What is very interesting is that the Czech developers have not included a single reference to the EU. NATO, US and Britain, we're sure to see (because they exist in the Armaverse), but the EU may not.

The same scenario can be viewed from a slightly different angle: It could be guerillas around Greece (not necessarily Greece proper - hundreds of decent islands) that instigate as the initial antagonists.

I think China and Persia are attacking, but I don't think it's a huge-ass D-day across Europe.

Before you discard the Chinese as the main military force, you can look at the map and see the 5X lines denote operational theaters. Not only does that imply entire armies, it also implies time-wise that the theaters need not be concurrent.

Edit: I like the chocolate take. Also find it extremely interesting that Russia is not being infringed upon in those plans. A '39-style NAP with China? Has China already expanded through Siberia, and signed peace with Russia in China's favour? Oh, the speculation!

Edited by SCAJolly

This one?

g_whirly_hat.jpg

I was hoping for a World War III Fulda Gap type scenario but if the campaign ends up being a more realistic version of Resistance I would be quite happy.

wow wow hold on Laurence from takistan.

are you saying that we will ride camels and gather a army to attack the big bad colonel aziz with his scuds?

ala lord of the ring´s?

A huge bunch of camels armed with PK´s AK´s and RPG storming down to the capital and short before the victory we have to rally and counter attack t-72´s?

Only to get rescued by a dirty American a small and grumpy Brit and a a gyisch French?

mhhhhhh strange but very possible.

I am in!

This has been clarified before, optimistic or not: Bohemia have had nearly ten years to work on a new engine, and they have said themselves that they don't like the engine they are using.

Stop inventing stuff please..

There are several other facts to show they are done with ArmA 2. (such as the fact they recently released ArmA:CO and ArmA:RFT, indicating they have wrapped up all the DLC and are moving on.

ArmA2:CO was released together with OA, so about 1 year ago. RFT is something this community has asked for (DLCs on a disk).

Also, we are now approaching the exact time gap between ArmA and ArmA 2, therefore it is perfectly possible that this could be the next ArmA).

Your logic went down the drain...You are aware that BIS has been working on game2=arma2 before they have even released armed assault (arma), aren't you?

Does anyone here believe that if BIS ANNOUNCES A3 tomorrow, the RELEASE will be any sooner than 1 year from that point?

They might have taken to heart what we discussed in a thread here some time ago, how the feeling in OFP was much better than in the Arma-series since you basically get everything handed to you and you're the most powerful in Arma. In OFP you were outnumbered and under-equipped and if you got a weapon with something other than iron-sights you felt like God.

Here we might be some greek resistance fighthers fighting Iran which, probably after yet another revolution, is seeking to recoup the old persian empire. It doesn't add up with Miller though. Also, isn't Turkey in Nato now?

They might have taken to heart what we discussed in a thread here some time ago, how the feeling in OFP was much better than in the Arma-series since you basically get everything handed to you and you're the most powerful in Arma. In OFP you were outnumbered and under-equipped and if you got a weapon with something other than iron-sights you felt like God.

Here we might be some greek resistance fighthers fighting Iran which, probably after yet another revolution, is seeking to recoup the old persian empire. It doesn't add up with Miller though. Also, isn't Turkey in Nato now?

Turkey has been in NATO since 1952.

I like your comments about OFP. Have anything without iron sights was amazing back then! Now we have thermal on everything. Not that I don't like thermal sometimes but I miss the cold war feeling.

Modern Warfare is Scary! :) Just look at all the kill cam videos of Apaches! They never knew what was coming!

There could be a game no more fantastic than (and this is what Wolffy.au's MSO in part can be used to simulate) one of severe aversity and lack of equipment: Just you and your band of militia. AKMs and AK47s for the lot of you, good luck downing that Hind gunning for you.

If you find an M16 with an ACOG, whoopty fucking, that's fantastic! Salvage a BRDM with a dushka, you're a hero. Get hold of an anti-material rifle with good ammunition, you're God incarnate.

You can dispatch your militia groups to other parts of the island, maybe do some in-field recon first to assess the enemy strength and if you can actually send your AI there. They'll return after their raid if they didn't all get shot to pieces, and you'll love them dearly for the ammo and weaponry they brought back. Oleg, is that a Strela? Oleg, I will massage your loins tonight!

Ironsights makes the game challenging. Challenge is fun, especially if you can beat the imperialist high-tech Chinese/Russians/Americans with your shitty little 20rnd mag, di-optic sight G3.

I don't think that they will announce Arma3 on E3 tomorrow but maybe an new expansion that will be released in this summer. I actually think that they started working on a new expansion after OA was released. (The screenshots of chernarus in new summervegetaion with the czech forces in "woodland" camo). And besides this expansion I think they will release, will probably not be as big as OA. But we'll see on monday and if they announce Arma3 then it will maybe take a year or so untill it will be released.

Modern Warfare is Scary! :) Just look at all the kill cam videos of Apaches! They never knew what was coming!

irony but i just made a video of exactly that

and i think they will have something special on E3

irony but i just made a video of exactly that

and i think they will have something special on E3

Not to be pedantic but that's got nothing to do with irony. :p

armaholic looks also clean at the first look

aswell as armed assault

OFPEC

etc

and the P8h8 is not really existing anymore totally empty

Edited by PurePassion

Considering that there was a post by a 'hacker' saying bye or god be with you, dependant on translation. perhaps there is no more hacks.

And we have all the information required to find out what 'whateverthisis' is...

Considering that there was a post by a 'hacker' saying bye or god be with you, dependant on translation. perhaps there is no more hacks.

And we have all the information required to find out what 'whateverthisis' is...

It was written just before the hacker quit the chatroom. I believe that is the only implication that the "goodbye" has with anything.

r3dp3ga5u5;1923288']Are you wating for it? Or rather for my fellows?

So much for there being nothing today. :)

Tell me where the gold is! :eek::eek::eek:

Stop playing with the gout and give us infos !!!!!

Did he hack or just troll? what does he mean by Are you wating for it? Or rather for my fellows?

Please tell me, that i did not go ~300km for 'nothing' :D

Oh come on, BIS, tell us... or... or we're all going to get Red River!

(doesn't sound convincing, does it)