Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Just an event in the the "New Great Game" ?

The Great Game from Wikipedia

The Great Game (Russian: Ð‘Ð¾Ð»ÑŒÑˆÐ°Ñ Ð¸Ð³Ñ€Ð°, Bol'sháya igrá) is a term used for the strategic rivalry and conflict between the British Empire and the Russian Empire for supremacy in Central Asia. The classic Great Game period is generally regarded as running approximately from the Russo-Persian Treaty of 1813 to the Anglo-Russian Convention of 1907. A second, less intensive phase followed the Bolshevik Revolution of 1917. The Great Game dwindled after the United Kingdom and the Soviet Union became Allies during World War II.

The term "The Great Game" is usually attributed to Arthur Conolly (1807–1842), an intelligence officer of the British East India Company's Sixth Bengal Light Cavalry.[1] It was introduced into mainstream consciousness by British novelist Rudyard Kipling in his novel Kim (1901).

I'm really hoping that BIS explains everything to us at the end of this. For example, I want to know what we were supposed to gain from learning some of these things and also if we missed anything important.

+1

And provide replacement F5 keys :D

@Daniel- I agree, based on what we've seen so far that seems like a plausable explanation.

About the links between China and Persia :

During the Parthian and later Sassanid eras, trade on the Silk Road was a significant factor in the development of the great civilizations of China, Egypt, Mesopotamia, Persia, Indian subcontinent, and Rome, and helped to lay the foundations for the modern world. Parthian remains display classical Greek influences in some instances and retain their oriental mode in others, a clear expression of the cultural diversity that characterized Parthian art and life.

Source Wikipedia

So is this all?

Are you waiting for it? Or rather for my fellows?

What could be meant by "it"?

He means probably the hack.

OR whatever this is leading to.

1 hour and 45 minutes past the hack time, Clearly we arent getting one, and we should of figured it out by now.

Although ending at 11pmGMT is... a little late, ending at 5pmGMT seems a better time to end, it gives people immediate time to reflect and offer opinions.

I think it points towards a cell within Iran that are trying to make Iran great again by conquering its old enemies, hence the Persian references.

I agree. And maybe China secretly supports them somehow.

We know they did support the Takistani with nuclear material too.

Guys, stay on topic, this isn't /r/todayilearned.

Is that supposed to be a hint ? URL maybe ? Or do I miss the point completely ?

Eh, some can someone give me an overview of what all this is? Some viral campaign or something?

Eh, some can someone give me an overview of what all this is? Some viral campaign or something?

Check this

Originally Posted by Sniperwolf572

Is that supposed to be a hint ? URL maybe

I don't think so

Sniperwolf572 is a legitimate Forum Moderator

I don't think he has something to do with the hack

The steam-guy has not the same tag like the bis-hackers.

steam: P8H8

bis: [~P8H8~]

dont think the steam-guy is the "hack". also he is member since yesterday, not today. not online for 25hrs.

i think he´s fake.

I don't think so

Sniperwolf572 is a legitimate Forum Moderator

That is actually, the point, isn't it ? :confused: Wouldn't be the first time a forum moderator dropped hints to the next "hack" thing.

Khaos[=-;1923480']The steam-guy has not the same tag like the bis-hackers.

steam: P8H8

bis: [~P8H8~]

dont think the steam-guy is the "hack". also he is member since yesterday' date=' not today. not online for 25hrs.

i think he´s fake.[/quote']

Well the guy that scheduled the event on friday also has only the P8H8 tag, not the larger one. Probably something about Steam user names.

Originally Posted by Sniperwolf572

At that very moment when he wrote that post a couple of slang definitions regarding sexual practics were being posted

The /r/ means content restricted for underage

And the other part warned us not to discuss that kind of things in the forums.

And back to topic, I think the hack is over.

No new strange posts, no defacing and nothing in tweeter/facebook/steam

That is actually, the point, isn't it ? :confused: Wouldn't be the first time a forum moderator dropped hints to the next "hack" thing.

In this respect it isnt the point.

I had my post deleted because I went off topic because the original post by the 'hacker' had a spelling mistake in it which led to all sorts of conjecture.

The 'hacker' has since posted again, this time without spelling mistakes.

r3dp3ga5u5;1923389']Are you waiting for it? Or rather for my fellows?

We have a choice?

Originally Posted by [~P8H8~]r3dp3ga5u5

Are you waiting for it? Or rather for my fellows?

well, there are no more forum users that use the same clan tag as Redpegasus, I mean the [~P8H8~] tag

forum member list page page 2540

Does anyone remember the other tags that were used to post any other criptic posts?

Edited by mankyle

He was referring to Reddit to stop the spam...

http://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/

It's not related to this...

Does he perhaps think we're still waiting for this?

22JUN92: Scott Miller born

221155ZJUN92

As I pointed out before, if we hadn't hacked the seeker, we would only have reached that date a few hours ago.

mmm

During wednesday hack the four hackers all had different profile images.

Now they all share the same image, the one with the persia Kanji. And it has been modified/added today 14/05/2011

"rather for my fellows?"

Wouldnt this be pushing us toward sniffing around people connected to Red Pegasus?

Notice that the avatars of the forum members, whos avatars had QR codes on it changed:

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?u=78307 - Barel - join date 05-09-2011

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?u=78316 - Tahlo - join date 05-09-2011

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?u=78336 - Roamer - join date 05-10-2011

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?u=78317 - Exorcist - join date 05-09-2011

All avatars now have the same avatar that the Red Pegasus has - clearly thats an indication of being his "fellows"? That join date has any meaning?

I can't belive that after such a long chore road of puzzles and sh*i we are abandoned.

The sentences in Red Pegasus has to have enough meaning to justify pressing "EMERGENCY STOP" button by BIS when they made a typo.

We need to go deeper.

EDIT: "fellows" ? Bohemia Interactive partners websites maybe?

Does he perhaps think we're still waiting for this?

As I pointed out before, if we hadn't hacked the seeker, we would only have reached that date a few hours ago.

Perhaps Red Pegasus' message was refering to Millers birthdate?

The four wednesday hackers are also the ones from whom we got the seeker.exe file (URL encoded in their avatars.)