ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

An Expansion would be easier:

- people dont expect as much of it as of a game

- generates equally money

- arma 2 offers a good base, an expansion would be a lot less in development

- expansion can be done quicker than a new game

But:

Did BIS ever put such an effort to make an announcement public? Dont you think it would be too much effort for announcing a DLC or expansion?

but guys remember we did this so epic

BIS just showed us a path and didnt do too much effort ( dont get me wrong i appreciate and absolutely love this and totally respect every single minute and hour of work you put into this)

now they have a lot of attention and i think they also dont want to see soldiers cry so either way its gonna ROCK!!

thanks, working

I suppose they already added "Free" expansion to Arma2 webpage (note links for PMC and BAF, works similar), but as its not yed public, login is needed. This login we shall not hack, as it isnt part of our "Hack game" but admin tool.

Jesus, guys, I'll repeat myself for the nth time:

If you are getting bored, sit and be patient while those who aren't bored do the work for you. Don't try to ruin the fun for others. BIS are not going to speed it up because of a few spoil sports.

If you're getting annoyed by the clues, then stop coming to this thread and stop reading about them. It's very simple.

I think further "OMG I'm BORED speed it up PLZ!11one" posts will be deleted from now on. ;)

Well good for you that you think the ARG is absolutely perfect. Those of us who don't, would like to give some feedback so a future ARG would be more entertaining to us as well. For the record, I agree with you on the last sentence and I assume constructive criticism won't be deleted.

I think it started off awesome, but since you're not able to tie the hints together you feel like there's no progress although the hacks are solved.

Patience, Rekrul. Rome hasnt been built in 1 day either. If people would work together to solve all the unsolved clues instead of moaning, we would be further than we are right now.

But i still think, we are doing well, maybe even better than BIS expected.

Well good for you that you think the ARG is absolutely perfect. Those of us who don't, would like to give some feedback so a future ARG would be more entertaining to us as well. For the record, I agree with you on the last sentence and I assume constructive criticism won't be deleted.

I think it started off awesome, but since you're not able to tie the hints together you feel like there's no progress although the hacks are solved.

I have to agree with this. Solving each individual hack is quite a lot of fun while it lasts, but afterwards it seems we are always left with more questions than before and have nothing but speculation to try and answer them.

I'm not against the ARG per se, but I wish they would actually throw us a bone - i.e. give us some real and verifiable piece of information, even if it's only something small. After close to two weeks of guessing games, I can understand why some people are getting frustrated.

Edited by MadDogX
Typo fixed.

Its BIS's game, we have to play it by their rules. Have a bit of faith.

What i mean is weve been given enough for some reasonable speculation and theres quite a lot of agreement. I dont think BIS will want to make it too obvious until they properly announce Arma 3 their new project.

Edited by Daniel

Miller is born 1992 - today 30 years old

How exactly does that work? I was born in 1992 and I'm 19...

I have to agree with this. Solving each individual hack is quite a lot of fun while it lasts, but afterwards it seems we are alyways left with more questions than before and have nothing but speculation to try and answer them.

I'm not against the ARG per se, but I wish they would actually throw us a bone - i.e. give us some real and verifiable piece of information, even if it's only something small. After close to two weeks of guessing games, I can understand why some people are getting frustrated.

That is exactly what ive been saying.

No feedback, and no indication in the puzzle solutions if they are final or not. Thats why people are holding onto absolutely ridiculous stuff - like folds on shirt of the Miller guy.

To the point anyway:

Arma2 Free

not Arma2: Freedom

First of all - the name is bollocks. After naming products with names like Queen's Gambit, Operation Arrowhead, lame name like that doesent sound too good :D

My bet is that Arma2 Free might be some sort of quasi-mmosque solution simmilar to Battlefield Play 4 Free - downloadable client, mini-shop etc. Thats what all the cool kids do today.

It goes along with "world will change" theme - instead of interpretation linked to the plot of the mysterious release, it would actually aim to change the real world of gaming in some way, have an impact on distribution process etc.

Ball breaing the wall also goes along - as you can see this as a metaphore of tearing down old order, breaking the established rules etc.

Map is consistant also - split players registering to play arma free into divisions, units etc. You can choose wether youre an airborne or part naval assault, which part of the front you are fighting at, and then according to how things go, map changes and offensive moves forward.

On the other hand - Freedom goes along with last hack listing freedom fighters...

Its taking just a bit too long, and actually starts to generate frustration for me instead of positive emotions.

Im a huge fan of BIS for years now, and im extatic whenever there is something new up from this guys , in the begining i was absolutely going crazy for this arg - now im getting angry :(

You will say - dont visit the thread then, ignore it, but i cant since i want to know whats up :D

I'm a guy - i see this like its a foreplay - its very fun part of the intercourse as long as it doesent take ages.

Maybe the story/game will take place in the future, who knows? :D

2022 ;)

mybe the arma 2 free is standing for the DLC "BAF and PMC"

its free for the ppl that didnt buy the dlc´s but they dont look so good.

-Paladin-, no, they don't have own exe's, and they build-in with patches for OA. You launch arma2oa.exe, and get OA and lite versions of BAF and PMC. DLC's is just content, engine updates comes with OA, in this case.

just an idea.

Could not be the release of Project Reality (free), that i have no update since long time, that BIS took under his wings as an official product?

Just an idea, of course.

I do really like very much this ARG game!!!

just an idea.

Could not be the release of Project Reality (free), that i have no update since long time, that BIS took under his wings as an official product?

Just an idea, of course.

I do really like very much this ARG game!!!

Why would PR need its own executable?

ArmA]|[ nooo, NFW that's not possible.

Devs told us many times that there won't be ArmA3 in the future.

It must be DLC or big extension... spain, greece some guerillas maybe something similiar to Resistance. Maybe Spain invade Greece ;) that would be really cool if we will have conflict without Russians, Americans, Talibans... countries wich never been used in popular games.

First of all - the name is bollocks. After naming products with names like Queen's Gambit, Operation Arrowhead, lame name like that doesent sound too good :D

It was an example, meant to illustrate that it is not necessary a free to play but something else... thanks for calling it bollocks, much appreciate

I thought those names were quite good, fitting for the stories, what would you have called them? ArmA II: The Call of Duty?

yes, yes. Today "real" is Miller 19. On a picture is Miller imho 28-30 years old.

Story is set around 2020-2022. perhaps. :o

Future CWC in 2020 - new models are not necessary.

I thought those names were quite good, fitting for the stories, what would you have called them? ArmA II: The Call of Duty?

I meant that Operation Arrowhead etc. were all good names.

I mean that "Freedom" is a bit cliche and dosent sound good in comparision to other bis names.

I am still not quite sold on this one:

2002 nogova bohemia troska

It's an ARG, Alternate Reality game... That means it assumes that the history of the world took place in the armaverse, i.e. there is an island group with islands called Everon and Malden and some mad Russian general tried to start World War III there in 1985. And Nogova had a revolution in 1982.

That would indicate however that there is no such thing as the game called Resistance, and Viktor Troska wouldn't be alive in 2002. And Bohemia would not belong in this line.

When I saw the list first, I figured that there would be one pair of words that remain unpaired with anything else that could be used on the login page of arma2.com/free; other than that, I wouldn't really know what these dates are supposed to say, they don't seem to have anything to do with prior information.

The dots are there, and they're all perfectly fine dots. Unfortunately they do not connect and it doesn't yield a picture, not even a sketchy one :confused:

ArmA]|[ nooo, NFW that's not possible.

Devs told us many times that there won't be ArmA3 in the future.

When?

And the name "Operation Arrowhead" is not that bad, I have heard worse

I remember this when ArmA2 has comes out. There were may interviews and questions about nex tittle. Answere was always the same, something that they don't wont continue this project for gamers but only for military use etc.