Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

The resistance connection also explains the earlier Greek references wich were cultural icons of thier struggle for independance. DOH! so slow!

Question now is where is this next struggle going to take place. I'm going to asume that Scott Miller is the lead character, but who is he helping and why?

Edited by Pathetic_Berserker

It seems like in the last attack that when the counter stops at Miller's birth that the future is uncertain after that point, or Search.exe has a problem going past that point for some reason. Search.exe didn't have the birthday of Einstein, the write brothers, or anyone else that is important, so he must be not necessarily important to history but at least important to P8H8 or the time travelling search program.

Let's see if brainstorming on the themes can tell us anything.

Attack 1

Photographs, Paths, Hidden Treasure

Maps, intelligence, plans

Attack 2

ChDKZ, elections, posters

Roman numerals, submarine, navy, astute

Attack 3

Camouflage, Autostereogram, 3d

Miller, Drafting, SBS, Novak

Attack 4

Phonecall, email, ascii, puzzle

Breaking walls, breaking through, animation, poetry, proverb, hubris

Attack 4

Forum spam, Red Pegasus

Greece: flora, fauna, armed forces, revolution, motto, religion

Attack 5

Interview, pseudonyms, search, barcodes, puzzle

Time travel, history, Miller, wars, turning points, great achievements

Attack 6

Friday the 13th, cyphers

Dates, names, places, partisans, legends, stories

There seems to be like a progression here that starts out with plans, and ends with turning points and then legends. There's boundaries being smashed, themes of overconfidence... It almost seems like there's a narrative here. But how does Greece fit in?

What do you think?

Edited by Max Power

There seems to be like a progression here that starts out with plans, and ends with turning points and then legends. There's boundaries being smashed, themes of overconfidence... It almost seems like there's a narrative here. But how does Greece fit in?

What do you think?

Great summary. I have to print it out. It's morning, rainy here, bad concision for speculation. You are right with Greece that doesn't fit to whole (yet), place where story will take place? We have to wait for next attack if reveal more clues.

Maybe the next game will involve a campaign centered around a rebellion that somehow involves, or even more, instigated by Miller?

There are constant references lately to the Ottoman Empire and Greece.

Greece and Turkey (where the Ottoman Empire had its power) do not get along well

The reference to Walachia and Vlad the Impaler referes to the Ottoman Empire too

Maybe a NATO rupture? An Aegean Greek/Turkish war?

May be a CIA supported rebellion in Iran?

May be a CIA supported rebellion in Iran?

Was just typing that. CIA creates some sort of chaos and sparks a war. Or the iranians nuclear program sparks up a cold war with greece.

I forgot thanks to guys, for me with night shift, who solve puzzle and cipher. Good work :icon14:. Hacker are clever with 42 hours attack ;).

Maybe a NATO rupture? An Aegean Greek/Turkish war?

Hmmm maybe, but I think the Greek connection was probably the hackers first attempt to highlight the 'resistance' angle. Thats not to say that a former ottaman empire state could not be involved. The Ottaman Empire was quite large and could possibly accomadate the BIS disposition for fictional states. Would be nice to get a Mediteranean style map, though I can see also now a perfect set up for a Libyan (Libya is ex Ottaman also) style scenario. SBS guy goes in to over throw dictator and rescue oil reserves.

Neretva is a very famous river in history.

It connected the persian/turkish/osman part of the world with the christian part. In 1555 the bridge 'Stari Most' was build to connect the muslim and christian part of Mostar (it's still the case to day). 1943 the axis planned an operation against the juguslavian guerilla lead by Tito who later became the president of juguslavia (his death lead to the destabilization of juguslavia and somehow to the bosnian war).

EDIT: Damn you guys are fast. :)

The 'bye' or 'may god be with you' stuff may indicate that the next 'hack' will reveal the full story.

At least I hope so. :)

Edited by Banshee

So after reading up on all this, I see we've ended up with a bunch of dates, places and names that show an overall theme of rebellion/resistance, one of which is a direct reference to OFP.

This may be wishful thinking, but I interpret this as an indicator for the nature of the story/campaign in the product BIS are working on. If that's true, one of my long time wishes for the Arma series has been granted. :D

The 'bye' or 'may god be with you' stuff may indicate that the next 'hack' will reveal the full story.

At least I hope so. :)

It might suggest that the hacks are over, in which case we will hopefully be getting a proper announcement soon.

I get the feeling that England will be invaded and Miller will be on the sub (astute) when it happens, using the sub to carry out guerilla warfare. Keep in mind that the Astute doesn't need to refuel.

Although that's speculation of course, but it sounds like it's at least some resistance based thing.

I get the feeling that England will be invaded...

"...we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender." :eek:

Sounds terribly improbable though, even in a fictionalized universe.

Well I'd think that the hacks are over now, seeing how the hacker said "Goodbye". That might mean there is an announcement incoming. I surely hope so.

Well I'd think that the hacks are over now, seeing how the hacker said "Goodbye". That might mean there is an announcement incoming. I surely hope so.

I hope that too :p

Good job everyone,

just wanted to say, if the "hacks" are over, this will be moved to offtopic. By moving to offtopic it will be confermed that "hacks" are really over ;)

I hope they won't keep us waiting till E3:(

Likewise... Hopefully something soon. Maybe Monday?

That would just be cruel. E3 is almost a month away!

I'm hoping for an announcement some time next week, at the latest. Or, if the hacks aren't over yet, some hacks with some more solid information.

remember the Nvidia Profile "Arma2Free.exe" ?

I think it doesnt mean "free" like meaning "free of charge" but could be something like Arma 2 Free Europe or something similar with locations in and next to Europe with a focus on Guerilla fights, SpecOps and liberation fights. Maybe some hostage rescue missions of British citizens captured by guerillas

The story could be a fictional invading of Europe by some extremist who refer to some old history ideologies

but to be honest i will appreciate everything BIS will publish i would be totally happy with just an propper Physic engine ( remember the ASCII animation ;) )

remember the Nvidia Profile "Arma2Free.exe"

Could "Arma2Free.exe" be the arma 2 demo?, sounds right to me

I think it doesnt mean "free" like meaning "free of charge" but could be something like Arma 2 Free Europe or something similar

Already been pointed out twice in this thread :p

here and here

remember the Nvidia Profile "Arma2Free.exe" ?

I think it doesnt mean "free" like meaning "free of charge" but could be something like Arma 2 Free Europe or something similar with locations in and next to Europe with a focus on Guerilla fights, SpecOps and liberation fights. Maybe some hostage rescue missions of British citizens captured by guerillas.

Really Really good!! I say:

arma2oa.exe = Operation Arrowhead

arma2free.exe = Operation Freedom:bounce3:

... and the greek information can be the info for a new (real) map = greek island

@Alwarren

Yes, many many post .... is confused :D

Edited by Blackland

Or, if the hacks aren't over yet, some hacks with some more solid information.

Solid information, yes. There is still not the slightest hint (or we didn't get it which I think is unlikely) as to what is actually in the pipeline, and that annoys me about this ARG. It's been going on for two weeks almost and we don't even have the basic idea about it. Sure, we've seen snippets of storyline that could be as much about a new installment of CoD as anyhting Arma-related. There's been hints at singluar concepts (Physics, Submarines), characters (Miller and Novak), and a bunch of dates ( the last hack's data, Seeker.exe). Nothing of it yielded anything solid.

I suppose that in hindsight (and hindsight still sounds to me like having an eyeball in the anus) everything will make sense, but that's not difficult after the facts. Right now, none of it makes any real sense - at least it seems impossible to me to piece together a solid picture without resorting to wild speculation.There is a definite lack of information on the nature of the product. For what it's worth, we don't even know for sure that it is ARMA-related at all.

So if any dev is reading this: Please make the announcement. We've been patiently waiting for almost two weeks now, and made a thread about it with 5000+ posts. Don't you think we deserve to known now? *nudge nudge*

---------- Post added at 09:55 ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 ----------

arma2free.exe = Operation Freedom:bounce3:

After all, there already is a William W. face in BAF ;)

I can soo imagine this ingame:

1: 5, ENGAGE!

5: 5, ENGAGING. FREEEEEDOM! *charges blindly ahead*