Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

gosh no please, not everything should go 3D especially this game. Just can't understand what's the fuss with all games developer going 3D... its a load of crap i would say.

gosh no please, not everything should go 3D especially this game. Just can't understand what's the fuss with all games developer going 3D... its a load of crap i would say.

+1 to this.

Back on topic, I've just thought about something:

I think we can assume that BIS didn't expect us to hack their seeker.exe. Well, maybe they expected it, but the game probably wasn't designed around it. So we got the first clues at about 9:30 AM, which led us to find the seeker. Assuming BIS expected us to start running the seeker at 10 AM on Wednesday at normal speed, I've been wondering when they expected us to reach Miller's date of birth, i.e. run the 85 years from 1907 to 1992 in normal time.

I remember figuring out that one day in the seeker took approximately 9 seconds. For one year, that's times 365.25 (including leap years), which amounts to just under 55 minutes. Let's round that up to 55minutes per year in the seeker.

55min x 85 = ~78 hours (3 days and 6 hours)

So if we had let the seeker run normally, it would have reached its end (Millers DOB) on Saturday, sometime during the afternoon or early evening. Now consider what else is supposed to happen around that time: the next hack, if it comes. (Saturday, 18:00 CEST).

I wonder if this has any significance.

I'd wish they would come with a concrete announcement soon. I mean...this whole game is quite interesting to follow. But all the evidence so far doesn't really lead to one outcome, or one conclusion.

All those clues, they seem all so random. I mean, I guess there building up to a release of some kind. But are these clues the prologue of a story, a war, an invasion? What does that miller person have to do with a invasion map of Europe. Why did that "seeker" program give us all those dates. And all those codes?! Arhg! So many questions!! :confused::butbut:

Its all getting boring now just tell us what's coming out bis as this way of marketing is crap and wont make me want to buy anything from you going this route give us a bone a picture a price anything but this run around

+1 to this.

Back on topic, I've just thought about something:

I think we can assume that BIS didn't expect us to hack their seeker.exe. Well, maybe they expected it, but the game probably wasn't designed around it. So we got the first clues at about 9:30 AM, which led us to find the seeker. Assuming BIS expected us to start running the seeker at 10 AM on Wednesday at normal speed, I've been wondering when they expected us to reach Miller's date of birth, i.e. run the 85 years from 1907 to 1992 in normal time.

I remember figuring out that one day in the seeker took approximately 9 seconds. For one year, that's times 365.25 (including leap years), which amounts to just under 55 minutes. Let's round that up to 55minutes per year in the seeker.

55min x 85 = ~78 hours (3 days and 6 hours)

So if we had let the seeker run normally, it would have reached its end (Millers DOB) on Saturday, sometime during the afternoon or early evening. Now consider what else is supposed to happen around that time: the next hack, if it comes. (Saturday, 18:00 CEST).

I wonder if this has any significance.

I would think you're right, 9 seconds is just a too odd number else...why 9 seconds, not 5 or 10. When i write scripts (which is kind of something similar like writing such a application in terms of chosing values) i usually chose something rather "round", like said 5 or 10 seconds.

Personal opinion:

I do think that it will be the announcement of ArmA 3.

Too much is pointing into this direction:

- improved physics (ball breaking wall)

- improved naval apsect (ASTUTE submarine, map with naval units)

- larger area possible

Non-BIS clues:

- ArmA3.exe profiles in nVidia drivers (no fake, Clanmates checked that and they are there definately)

Besides that, long time no beta patches released nor any new final patch announced. This might be a clue that a lot of programmers are busy with developing/improving the engine for a new game.

Also ToH is a clue in widest terms: the game engine needs major improvements to fit for a Helicopter-based game: physics, damage system, render-to-texture and surely several other aspects.

Improvements made here could be easily adapted for a third ArmA.

Probably they could also be included through a patch but honestly, if they can make a new game which brings money, why should they patch ArmA 2 to that level? At least that's how i would decide. New game brings money, patches don't.

As said, this is what i personally do think about.

I agree with that opinion. As much as I would prefer to see another expansion for Arma2, most of the evidence seems to point to a full sequel. Who knows, maybe we'll get both. :D

An Expansequel?

i think "CWC Prequel" so expanprequel :D

Miller is born 1992 - today 30 years old ... what Miller for a task? Spy, MIA, General, Ego, Son of Toska??? I don´t know.

Miller is the key!

Edited by Blackland

Its all getting boring now just tell us what's coming out bis as this way of marketing is crap and wont make me want to buy anything from you going this route give us a bone a picture a price anything but this run around

+ 1.

Tbh, It's been fun, but now it's getting a little boring... Please announce soon please BIS :)

It's been a fun hunt..

This ARG is turning into Lost season 2. I really like the idea behind it, but it's 7 hacks leading to 7 different directions. There's nothing you can conclude from it, which is kind of frustrating. Also AAN hasn't been updated in a week so we got no confirmation that we got it all. Although I suspect they're letting the wiki handle it now, there's no real confirmation. It's like Sudoku with one number filled in.

I agree with that opinion. As much as I would prefer to see another expansion for Arma2, most of the evidence seems to point to a full sequel. Who knows, maybe we'll get both. :D

I actually think its both. There is still the arma2free.exe unaccounted for, and as I pointed out, I don't think "free" as in "free of charge". I rather think they're going to release an expansion and afterwards announce ArmA 3.

At least I hope, that would be awesome news indeed ^^

Jesus, guys, I'll repeat myself for the nth time:

If you are getting bored, sit and be patient while those who aren't bored do the work for you. Don't try to ruin the fun for others. BIS are not going to speed it up because of a few spoil sports.

If you're getting annoyed by the clues, then stop coming to this thread and stop reading about them. It's very simple.

I think further "OMG I'm BORED speed it up PLZ!11one" posts will be deleted from now on. ;)

+ 1.

Tbh, It's been fun, but now it's getting a little boring... Please announce soon please BIS :)

It's been a fun hunt..

I think it will be revealed on Saturday 1800 CET.

Clues:

seeker.exe roughly programmed to finish at this time

next "hack" according to the 42 houres rule

some pages back, someone said that the "hacker" said goodbye...on the steamgroup IIRC.

Myke;1922239']

Besides that' date=' long time no beta patches released nor any new final patch announced. This might be a clue that a lot of programmers are busy with developing/improving the engine for a new game.

[/quote']

Well, maybe the devs were just busy building this little treasure hunt for us. But I agree, this is definately building up to something bigger than a "simple" DLC.

And I really like that thought ...

I've been looking for some more on the arma2free Nvidia profile, and I just noticed that when I go to www.arma2.com/free I get a login screen.

i also think this was all ( atleast coming from the "hackers") why would you say goodbye if you still want to continue?

and this date would also be strategically clever because you can possibly reach a lot of Users at this time

lets see what BIS will reveale !!

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

I just noticed that when I go to www.arma2.com/free I get a login screen.

that is indeed very interesting

The question is: why would an Arma2 expansion need a login?

The question is: why would an Arma2 expansion need a login?

yes very good point and Mr. Wheatley knows that :mad: :p

yes very good point and Mr. Wheatley knows that :mad: :p

"There's a password! Okay, it's fine, I'll just hack it! Not a problem. A-A-A-A-A-um... A. *BEEP* A-A-A-A-A-C. *BEEP* Wait, did I do B? Do you have a pen? Start writing these down!"

myke;1922239']personal opinion:

i do think that it will be the announcement of arma 3.

Too much is pointing into this direction:

- improved physics (ball breaking wall)

- improved naval apsect (astute submarine' date=' map with naval units)

- larger area possible

non-bis clues:

- arma3.exe profiles in nvidia drivers (no fake, clanmates checked that and they are there definately)

besides that, long time no beta patches released nor any new final patch announced. This might be a clue that a lot of programmers are busy with developing/improving the engine for a new game.

Also toh is a clue in widest terms: The game engine needs major improvements to fit for a helicopter-based game: Physics, damage system, render-to-texture and surely several other aspects.

Improvements made here could be easily adapted for a third arma.

Probably they could also be included through a patch but honestly, if they can make a new game which brings money, why should they patch arma 2 to that level? At least that's how i would decide. New game brings money, patches don't.

As said, this is what i personally do think about.

[/quote']

Maybe it's my wishful thinking, but your opinion seems plausible.

Don't know if having licensed the current engine for Iron Front counts to your arguments too, but may be a clue as well.

Let's wait and see

I've been looking for some more on the arma2free Nvidia profile, and I just noticed that when I go to www.arma2.com/free I get a login screen.

not working for me

Login would be needed if page is extensively dynamic... like MMO Web game for example ;)