Sign in to follow this  
pwnage_51

Bin Laden Is Dead

You can only discuss a mans death for so long, and then, hes dead. So if this is the case, lock the thread, make it a sticky.
The same could be said for the codemaster's thread. Honestly I find this thread to have more merit for being open than that one.
but it would be better if he had been tried in court.
He was never going to get his day in court and for that I'm glad. It would have been a waste of money and an insult to our justice system to give him the same rights as an American. He was put down like the rabid dog he was. Edited by Big Mac

The same could be said for the codemaster's thread. Honestly I find this thread to have more merit for being open than that one.
I wasn't suggesting the lock, just that if you try to keep it as simply the death only, ground-hog day sets in pretty fast. IE: if its only the death that can be discussed, its done, hes dead so its a lock. Other than that a list of articles about the same thing, lots of "go usa" and no real forum based balance of views on it.

And there is a thread titled USA Politics Thread. created specificly for the purpose of discussing..what you lot are discussing.

Steering back towards the topic of the event itself:

Anybody recognise this chopper that was destroyed in the Op.?

article13828590be1f64c0.th.jpg article13828590be1e40f0.th.jpg article13828590be1e4ac0.th.jpg article13830740be1f9230.th.jpg

Pics from the Daily Fail

The previous pics of the crash site on the compound wall sort of looked like a H-60 of some sort, but I haven't got a clue what it is now.

Edited by da12thMonkey

And there is a thread titled USA Politics Thread. created specificly for the purpose of discussing..what you lot are discussing.
I think we need a global politics thread in order to cover that, or "bin laden ... discuss all surrounding this subject" thread. Otherwise you would have all the people in that thread calling GTFO and link back to this one etc. Edited by mrcash2009

Spiegel said it was a MH-60, but what the hell does it matter?

Also, the mission would be kinda lame. Helicopters crashing down, 24 men kill 4 OPFOR and 1 woman, who cannot hold a weapon in OA, then blow up helicopter, get the hell outta there, dump the body into the sea and drink beer the rest of the way home. oh wait....

Edited by Mr. Charles

Spiegel said it was a MH-60, but what the hell does it matter?

I too assumed it was an MH-60, but the newer pictures show that it's clearly not - which is why I'm interested.

The tail rotor and horizontal stabiliser don't look like any helicopter I'm familiar with the US using.

Ed:

Just checked a couple of other military and aviation forums, and nobody on those can ID it properly either (some have a dedicated topic on IDing it): Speculation abounds that it's some new US stealth chopper.

Edited by da12thMonkey

Steering back towards the topic of the event itself:

Anybody recognise this chopper that was destroyed in the Op.?

The previous pics of the crash site on the compound wall sort of looked like a H-60 of some sort, but I haven't got a clue what it is now.

Oh OH! Now thats embaressing. That *could* be the rumoured "Stealth MH60QI" out of the shadows and into the "white" light of day.

I saw someone's model of what they said was the new stealth transport. MH60QI = Quiet Item as he called it. It had a similar reflector cover on the tail rotor and tapered boom. It had a somewhat Commanche look to it but it was essentially a very smooth skinned H-60 with some odd angular features. I cant find the post now but he claimed it was inspired by reports form witness around area 51 and other secure sites etc. At the time I thought he was a regular conspiracy nut. But it looks like i was too quick to judge. :D

I wouldn't be surprised, there are things out there we haven't heard of and if we have, they have something new, just because we haven't seen it does not mean it isn't there. Funny how the media is avoiding it though, I've watched a few shows and they do not show the photo's but instead claim it to be a CH-47 that had a damaged rotor.

@mrcash2009: well perhaps you should do that.

@mrcash2009: well perhaps you should do that.
Could do, but I think it would be under close lock and key not long after going by responses here to the off topic (ish) things.

BTW doesn't this all now cater as off topic, I mean its not about the death of Osama, its about helicopter tech and speculation of, can we have a new thread about that subject please, or do we have a military hardware thread?

I joke, to a point :)

Anyway slam bang right on topic again ...

So who here thinks that the evidence of his capture/death from the media sources up to this point are good enough to confirm this is 100 percent without any question? Out of interest, and im referring to the actual death of the individual, information and the "fact" of the death.

Edited by mrcash2009

Hi da12thMonkey

A stealth ed up version of the HH-60H perhaps. It is definitely in Navy colouring. The HH-60H is the preferred helicopter of the SEALS. The nob on the top of the tail rotor fin seems correct.

It looks as though the tail rotor hub is covered for stealth in a way similar to the Comanche experiment was. The Rear control surfaces are back swept more stealthing?

Stealth chopper? Did they think osama was hiding sams under his skirt?

No but the Pakistanis who's airspace was invaded, do have radar and AA missiles and fighters.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

So who here thinks that the evidence of his capture/death from the media sources up to this point are good enough to confirm this is 100 percent without any question? Out of interest, and im referring to the actual death of the individual, information and the "fact" of the death.
Well I for one happen to believe -in this era of Hope and Change- the reports of UBLs' liquidation and subsequent re-liquidation hook/line/sinker, but then again, I am just a pawn of the powers that be at the local NWO chapter, and think what I am told to think.

Hi da12thMonkey

A stealth ed up version of the HH-60H perhaps. It is definitely in Navy colouring. The HH-60H is the preferred helicopter of the SEALS. The nob on the top of the tail rotor fin seems correct.

It looks as though the tail rotor hub is covered for stealth in a way similar to the Comanche experiment was. The Rear control surfaces are back swept more stealthing?

No but the Pakistanis who's airspace was invaded, do have radar and AA missiles and fighters.

Kind Regards walker

Anyone else think Walker has me on ignore :D :yay:

Hi RKSL-Rock

No I do not have you on ignore.

I started writing the post straight after da12thMonkey posted, then got called away from the computer. I left the half finished post on the computer, in the mean time other people were replying, I then came back finished it and pressed submit; never having seen what you wrote.

I then edited it to include what Mr. Charles wrote.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

That helicopter looks nothing like anything I am familiar with. It could be an unheard of helicopter or it could be something else.

While I've got my tinfoil hat on, the fact they 'buried him at sea' is a little hard to believe. This sort of leads me to believe that maybe there was something on the body they didn't want anyone to see. Or, maybe they captured him alive and they're taking him somewhere to torture information out of him? The United States is, as any country is, very much into its own ends, and extracting information from him seems like a valuable thing to do.

It's easier said that done to take a such "person" alive!

I was thinking about what Rock said and I guess what I was seeing before from the pics of the tail boom over the wall was what looked like horizontal stabilizers in the middle of a boom a lot like the H-1 series. I can see now that this helicopter looks like it has a 'tail cone' which accounts for that effect. It does look like something with a horizontal stabilizer behind the vertical stabilizer with a bunch of sheet metal all over it, like a black hawk.

... It had a somewhat Commanche look to it but it was essentially a very smooth skinned H-60 with some odd angular features. I cant find the post now but he claimed it was inspired by reports form witness around area 51 and other secure sites etc. At the time I thought he was a regular conspiracy nut. But it looks like i was too quick to judge. :D

I added another pic from the Mail after you posted:

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/2693/article13830740be1f9230.jpg

That one shows it's definitely smooth skinned, and has a similar arrangement to the BH's tail. Don't blame you for dismissing the idea back then given how often 'black helicopters' come up in some of these bizarre theories, but it'd be interesting to look back on these mock-ups now.

I'm sort of glad you don't recognise it either; at least I'm not alone. None of the other forums I've followed it on seem to have a clue either beyond the current idea of a low-observable UH-60 variant.

Aviation Week posted a fairly interesting statement from the US about the helicopter incident:

“We are going to have a briefing at the armed services committee tomorrow afternoon, and hopefully we will know much more about that helicopter,†said Sen. Carl Levin (D-Mich.).

Source

The post was mainly to bring up the inconsistencies in the given cause of the a/c becoming inoperable:

“SENIOR ADMIN OFFICIAL: During the raid, we lost one helicopter due to mechanical failure. The aircraft was destroyed by the crew and the assault force and crew members boarded the remaining aircraft to exit the compound. All non-combatants were moved safely away from the compound before the detonation.â€

And then, after a question on the nature of the mechanical failure:

“SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL: Can’t go into details at this time.

“SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL: We didn’t say it was mechanical.â€

Aviation Week later added another post with the Mail's pics, following widespread internet discussion on this strange chopper. They seem equally convinced that it's something we've not seen before:

Stealth Helos Used In Osama Raid

It's all a bit odd. Would be interesting to see how the story develops over the coming weeks/months/years and if the Armed Service Committee meeting results in a reveal of this previously unknown airframe. I remember the US confirmed the existence of the RQ-170 (which some sites say was involved in this operation) because of some photos that surfaced from Afghanistan..

Edited by da12thMonkey

it's not unheard that special purpose vehicles were built for highly valued targets

During Iranian Crisis, USAF and CIA built three highly modified MC-130s that could perform VTOL in a soccer court next to American Embassy. The mission was abort when Iran agree to release hostages.

It's complete possible that the helo in the pic is an highly classified experimental aircraft used for deep-territorial penetration mission.

I added another pic from the Mail after you posted:

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/2693/article13830740be1f9230.jpg

That one shows it's definitely smooth skinned, and has a similar arrangement to the BH's tail. Don't blame you for dismissing the idea back then given how often 'black helicopters' come up in some of these bizarre theories, but it'd be interesting to look back on these mock-ups now.

I'm sort of glad you don't recognise it either; at least I'm not alone. None of the other forums I've followed it on seem to have a clue either beyond the current idea of a low-observable UH-60 variant.

When the first pics came out Eddie and I were trying to work it out. At first I thought it was a MH53 tail with a bit of rotor blade across it. But with the new pics it's definitely based off of the H-60 airframe.

I'm sat in hospital at the moment, when i get home I'll do a sketch tomorrow of what i remember. It was funky thing. How accurate it was is debateable but the similarity of the tail rotor on that guy's model to the pic was enough to make me look twice.

Aviation Week posted a fairly interesting statement from the US about the helicopter incident:

The post was mainly to bring up the inconsistencies in the given cause of the a/c becoming inoperable:

Aviation Week later added another post with the Mail's pics, following widespread internet discussion on this strange chopper. They seem equally convinced that it's something we've not seen before:

Stealth Helos Used In Osama Raid

It seems that even the powers that be weren't aware of it. Which [probably] makes it a blacker than black. And given the world wide exposure thanks to these pics its going to be very very embarrassing. I can only guess at the sort of difficult questions being asked now.

It's all a bit odd. Would be interesting to see how the story develops over the coming weeks/months/years and if the Armed Service Committee meeting results in a reveal of this previously unknown airframe. I remember the US confirmed the existence of the RQ-170 (which some sites say was involved in this operation) because of some photos that surfaced from Afghanistan..

Rumours had the RQ-170 as a "confirmed" ELINT platform. So that would at least be consistent.

EDIT

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/mh-x.htm

Not really anything new but its interesting enough that FAS/Globalsecurity now have a page on it :)

Edited by RKSL-Rock

it's not unheard that special purpose vehicles were built for highly valued targets

During Iranian Crisis, USAF and CIA built three highly modified MC-130s that could perform VTOL in a soccer court next to American Embassy. The mission was abort when Iran agree to release hostages.

It's complete possible that the helo in the pic is an highly classified experimental aircraft used for deep-territorial penetration mission.

Whatever it was...it was smashed...just another high tech fail investment to do a job a old UH1D could have done.

I can't say I believe it a full 100%. I'm always just a little skeptical of anything I read in a newspaper, see on TV, or hear on the radio...

5SnDwEh-zJI

Great job, navy seals. So you said, he couldn't have been arrested? :rolleyes:

Whatever it was...it was smashed...just another high tech fail investment to do a job a old UH1D could have done.

The old UH1-D wouldn't have made it to the compound, as it would have been picked up less than 20 miles after crossing the border, or failing that would have been forced to land because it ran out of fuel (no aerial refueling capability). Also stealth aircraft are primarily designed to be less visible on radar, not to be invisible from the human eye.

Edited by JdB