Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.10 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

Thanks, it took me a while to work out what to do with the ports but it does seem to be downloading now.

Everything can be avoided by searching. 1) You would have learned ACE-related questions are to be posted in this thread. 2) You would have easily found out what Clippi does.

Posting without searching first usually garners an infraction, but I felt like going easy on you. Obviously I shouldn't have. Keep up the insults and you'll get one anyways. ;)

I did do a search and there are no posts concerning what aceclippi does, what its function is. At least in none of the posts that the search ID'd. Try it yourself. Search for any post containing the keyword 'aceclippi'.

So then I browsed thru a good chunk of this 48 page 'thread' anyway before I even considered asking the question.

Why? Because just in the month or so I've been here I've seen just how quick the moderators and some ex-flashpoint vets with >2K posts can come down on us poor dumb/ignorant new players.

But alas, I found the subjects were mostly technical related... troubleshooting, classes, how to do this/that, etc.. Given what I was reading here I figured a simple question might be overlooked. No... that isn't entirely correct. I was apprehensive about asking such a simple 'what is it' question in a (to me) highly technical discussion (see above).

And that is why I chose to post my question in the more straightforward, 'Questions and Answers' forum. I'm just looking for a simple answer to a simple question. After all, the Q&A forum says it is for 'Everything you wanted to know about OA, but were afraid to ask, ask here'.

And still, instead of getting my question answered I came this >||< close to getting an infraction.

Hey ACE team,

With the armor system introducing mobility kills, firepower kills, and crew deaths that don't count as destroying the tank, how is a beginner mission designer supposed to make triggers that give people credit for disabling a tank? Is there some line of code that will handle every eventuality of component damage and crew death that you could give me? Should I make a thread in the editing section?

I did do a search and there are no posts concerning what aceclippi does, what its function is. At least in none of the posts that the search ID'd. Try it yourself. Search for any post containing the keyword 'aceclippi'.

Did you try searching just "clippi" and displaying the results as posts? Because there is lots of information there, including the answers to your questions.

However, I may as well answer your question. Clippi allows you to edit your user config file in a more visual/easier-to-understand way. If you run Clippi in the background as you run ACE, when you change ACE settings ingame they will automatically be saved instead of you having to paste them into your settings file.

After some testing i've figured out that preinit is unreliable on dedicated server for some reason. I was using diag_log and on server everything was fine, mission init after preinit, but on client it was other way around, it started to load mission init and then finished preinit.
Perhaps you're experiencing this; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14766#note-6

or have a mission that doesn't have XEH enabled units on the client, or the client runs addons that break XEH for the units, in that case it still initializes, but later once an entity is spawned that is XEH enabled.

In any case, to be able to analyze it properly, need to create a ticket with the rpt file for both server and client.

Edited by Sickboy

Hey ACE team,

With the armor system introducing mobility kills, firepower kills, and crew deaths that don't count as destroying the tank, how is a beginner mission designer supposed to make triggers that give people credit for disabling a tank? Is there some line of code that will handle every eventuality of component damage and crew death that you could give me? Should I make a thread in the editing section?

There are a few things you could try. You can make it sort-of work using a hit event handler, for example:

bmp2 addEventHandler ["Hit",{titleText ["BMP 2 destroyed","PLAIN",0.2]}];

However if you do that on something like a T90 it might still set off without being disabled completely.

Another way would be to make the trigger based on the crew being killed and ignoring the tank. You could also try playing around with the canMove command to see if that works.

I'm no mission-maker/scripter, but wouldn't that return a true value if you shot the BMP with a rifle, or is the 0.2 a reference to how much damage it needs to take in one hit?

No, it only seems to register rocket hits or other heavily damaging attacks. I've even unloaded on a BMP2 with a 25mm and not got it to register.

The 0.2 is part of the titletext command.

Perhaps you're experiencing this; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14766#note-6

or have a mission that doesn't have XEH enabled units on the client, or the client runs addons that break XEH for the units, in that case it still initializes, but later once an entity is spawned that is XEH enabled.

In any case, to be able to analyze it properly, need to create a ticket with the rpt file for both server and client.

Yes, i guess that's the problem. At least now I know, that I'm not doing something wrong. It also happens randomly, sometimes it works, sometimes not. I was struggling with this for almost a week and could understand what's wrong, because there was no pattern. I made my own "preInit" script call, which runs from every unit init and compiles all needed CBA functions. This way everything works for sure, but unfortunately I have to use "call compile preprocessFile" in each init field instead of function.

Q? cc ACE2

has the voip in game sound been reduced in relation to the reducing of warning sounds in helicopters?

S~ Happy

So I got bored and decided to give Arma II and try to give the latest ACE a spin, last version I played was like... half a year ago or something lol.

Are people running the stable release or is everyone still using the updater?

Let's hope the latter, considering we've moved to a 2-weeks schedule instead of weekly, and the updater (2.x) has improved miles.

So I got bored and decided to give Arma II and try to give the latest ACE a spin, last version I played was like... half a year ago or something lol.

Are people running the stable release or is everyone still using the updater?

Really depends on what server you play on. Many use latest dev build, but there are servers using the latest stable. If you want full flexibility unfortunately you will need to have both. Of course you can just create a copy of the latest dev build as soon as a new stable is released and then you at least won't have to download it (though of course this can only be done once the next stable version is released).

There are a few things you could try. You can make it sort-of work using a hit event handler, for example:

However if you do that on something like a T90 it might still set off without being disabled completely.

Another way would be to make the trigger based on the crew being killed and ignoring the tank. You could also try playing around with the canMove command to see if that works.

Thanks, I'll see if that works right out of the box, but I'm completely new to triggers and don't quite know how to read it.

CanMove won't work because I've already taken away the tank's fuel to keep it in place. Is there a CanFire variable?

And apparently Ace adds some scripting language related to the armor system after all. Do you (or any of the devs) know what counts as an "ace_ko."

Really depends on what server you play on. Many use latest dev build, but there are servers using the latest stable. If you want full flexibility unfortunately you will need to have both. Of course you can just create a copy of the latest dev build as soon as a new stable is released and then you at least won't have to download it (though of course this can only be done once the next stable version is released).

Meh, sounds too complicated :p

The new updater looks like it has advanced quite a bit since last I used it, but unfortunetly it just stops working at the splash logo every time I launch it. This is with 2.4, guess I could try that beta version.

Edit: Yep 2.5 beta 2 works just fine it seems.

Edited by Murklor

The new updater looks like it has advanced quite a bit since last I used it, but unfortunetly it just stops working at the splash logo every time I launch it. This is with 2.4, guess I could try that beta version.

Edit: Yep 2.5 beta 2 works just fine it seems.

Perhaps these are related; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+FAQ#Crash%20on%20startup%20%231

On some systems the auto-self-update fails updating exe files, hopefully resolved as soon as I switch self-update method :)

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16738#note-4

Edited by Sickboy

Well I dont have the d3d overide thing and from what I could tell, the actual updater seemed to work fine, going through a couple of updates. So I dont really know what the cause was for it failing. The only other difference was that I let 2.5 install in the default directory while I installed 2.4 in a specific one. That shouldnt break it of course, but still.

Hey guys,

I keep getting an error messege when ever I play the armory. It says: "No entry 'bin/config.bin/Cfg Weapons.'"

And apart from that, every now and then I can't select units on the editor map. The pointer becomes a square when ever I click the mouse and the mouse movements become very sensitive while playing. Does anyone knows what's causing this?

Salute.

Please help me with this thing it's ruining my life.

I am using ACE 2 1.10 and warfare BE multiplayer missions offline.

No time,no internet for online. just a 3g connexion on the train.

Medics never ever heal me. or my squad members. even when ordered to do so.

I can heal all and my kit have morphine and such so the mod works.

Am I missing somethig ?

You might have medical supplies, but do the AI medics? I don't think the "use your supplies" option works with the AI.

Why delete the message in Issue Tracker....:confused:

i never tried to check if the AI has the stuff...

what "Use supply" command are u talking about?

thx for the answer.

Please help me with this thing it's ruining my life.

I am using ACE 2 1.10 and warfare BE multiplayer missions offline.

No time,no internet for online. just a 3g connexion on the train.

Medics never ever heal me. or my squad members. even when ordered to do so.

I can heal all and my kit have morphine and such so the mod works.

Am I missing somethig ?

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting
What does "stationary weapons for AI" module do?
See docs; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Crew_Served_Weapons

notes section.

You might have medical supplies, but do the AI medics? I don't think the "use your supplies" option works with the AI.
Please report http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

---------- Post added at 14:44 ---------- Previous post was at 14:43 ----------

Why delete the message in Issue Tracker....:confused:
Perhaps you can provide some details, we have no magic crystal ball telling us which message, which ticket, etc, you are talking about.