Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.10 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

hi,

in the new version there is a new feature shoulder tapping. Does anyone know how to

use it or generally asked, what it this feature good for?

best regards

Longi

Is used through the ACE Interaction button. Primary use it to let someone know you are right behind them without them having to turn around. Used mainly by myself just for immersion, not sure it plays as much of a tactical purpose as it does in real life.

An example of real world use would be like i said above or something like a unit about to do a room entry, each person from the back, forward taps or squeezes the shoulder in front to let them know they are ready. Once this reaches the front guy they know everyone is good to go.

Edited by Shadow.D. ^BOB^

Are the random comments made in game a feature of ACE or mission specific. Our group played an ACE mission by Animalmother (can't recall name - sorry at work) and our characters would randomly make a comment. This got a little irritating after a while.

Can this be switched off or removed somehow. We all had novoices checked in our ace clippi.

Sorry if this has been asked and I've missed it, we've just moved over to ACE.

Apologies also if it's a mission issue.

Yeah that's the AI Talk module. I'll probably make it an optional parameter in the missions in a future update.

I've searched high and low on this - but I simplc can't get the cargo feature to work... - is it supposed to work by default? or am I missing something, an init file, a Game Logic ect...? - why can't I load anything...??? :confused:

AE US was removed, now the ACE team use the (ugly) BIS US Army units.

Can somebody explain why? I´m really interested in this, cause all nice Units seem to be sorted out.(ACE US Navy Seals, US Army Units).:(

The icons when you are close to your own soldiers (machingunner etc.) could you switch them off on default?

Makes it complicated if you have to change it manually.

Can somebody explain why? I´m really interested in this, cause all nice Units seem to be sorted out.(ACE US Navy Seals, US Army Units).:(
Navy Seals caused crashes, ACE US Army was duplicated by OA, we felt there was no need to unnecessairly grow the mod package for content already available in the game.

Many addons/mods are compatible/working with ACE so plenty of choice for you :)

Ya can grab em easily off SU if available there, or host em on a custom repository for community/clan servers.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=118605

Ok. Now i understand.

Then i will fill the hole with Binks Units. Would be a nice Choice for SU too, IMHO. :)

Ok. Now i understand.

Then i will fill the hole with Binks Units. Would be a nice Choice for SU too, IMHO. :)

Will put em on, there's also two sets of the latest released Rangers on there too.

---------- Post added at 21:40 ---------- Previous post was at 21:31 ----------

Thar we goes; http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1938791&postcount=50

Thanks Sickboy! Time to write a Replacement Config now.:D

Thanks Sickboy! Time to write a Replacement Config now.:D
:D I can host em like done with RH ACE configs by Robalo? ;)

Sickboy, are you involved with implementing tank armor in ace? If so or if not, the M1A2 TUSK tank, though with already awesome armor, needs to still be tougher if possible. Although it's only possible when shooting at its frontal armor to disable it, anything that hits the frontal armor of that tank, with the exception of heavy weapons fired from a chopper, or dropped from a fighter jet, shouldn't even disable it. Even though firing an AP round from a t-90 doesn't disable it after hitting it many times in the same spot, its seems as if you get some lucky shot on a place that it shouldn't penetrate, it disables it. Lol ok maybe a better way to sum this up is that nothing fired from the ground should disable the frontal armor on an abrams, turret or hull, considering the fact of the depleted uranium and the stories I've heard of it from good sources like the military channel. Also, same should go with side armor that doesn't involve covering the engine. Wow, that was a long and probably pointless speech.

Also, if you do listen to this, and apply it in the next update, don't degrade it again in future updates after that because of balancing reasons. Ace is a realism mod, correct?

Edited by Alkar Cammer

Quick question. When the player passes out and he has other people under his command, is there a way to teamswitch to someone else?

When i play and I get that blank fading in fading out screen, i can't team switch and with ai medics being stupid, i never get healed. so in the end, I just sit there fading in and out for a good 10 minutes. Often, i just wish an enemy would find me and kill me so i can choose another player.

and also, how do I get my ai medics to even help me out. They seem to never do. They won't help eachother out either. I even did the setvariable medic = 1 thing.

Edited by Jak170

Quick question. In the ACE Training Grounds 1.7 mp mission, which btw is incredibly useful to leave up between mission nights to screw around on, I notice that there seems to be some scripting functions related to respawning the enemy group once they're all dead.

Is there something IG that players need to do to trigger this script?

Is there something IG that players need to do to trigger this script?

Just log in as admin (voted admin doesn't work it has to be a logged in admin).

You can also switch to night or day when logged in.

Xeno

@Alcar Cammer; Please find our issue tracker; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Support

Quick question. When the player passes out and he has other people under his command, is there a way to teamswitch to someone else?

When i play and I get that blank fading in fading out screen, i can't team switch and with ai medics being stupid, i never get healed. so in the end, I just sit there fading in and out for a good 10 minutes. Often, i just wish an enemy would find me and kill me so i can choose another player.

and also, how do I get my ai medics to even help me out. They seem to never do. They won't help eachother out either. I even did the setvariable medic = 1 thing.

AI medics should assist just fine, if they don't, create a ticket with repro mission and steps: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Support

Perhaps you're blacking out from Stamina?

Question

I have seen the @CBA_v0.7.4.158 running around

where can I download it?

Hello Sickboy!

I´ve got a little Question about the ACE Stanag Magazine Classes. There are S, SB_S, SB and T Classes. T would be Tracer Ammo, right? But for what are the others standing for?

Thanks in advance!

@Alcar Cammer; Please find our issue tracker; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Support

AI medics should assist just fine, if they don't, create a ticket with repro mission and steps: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Support

Perhaps you're blacking out from Stamina?

Well scratch the AI medic assist, I just thought that they were always healing themselves because the wounded guy always stood up before they were finished bandaging. However, when I'm blacking out, it's from getting shot rather than running. When i black out from getting shot, I can not press the teamswitch button to change to another player and I have to lay there on the floor till i die.