Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.10 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

Having troubles loading the mission after an update

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. acex_sm_c_sound_wep_mg"

Error has been reproduced at the other, completely separate, machine as well.

Before update - fine. After update - the above mentioned troubles.

--

added:

also, if the LandRover_CZ_special is present on the map, the following error appears

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LandRover_Special_CZ_EP1/Turrets/AnimationSources.minElev'."

the error has been reproduced on a separate setup as well

Getting the same errors whentrying to connect to our recently updated server as well as one relating to MG Cloud or something similar to that. We will leave our other server on the older version for just now.

Getting the same errors whentrying to connect to our recently updated server as well as one relating to MG Cloud or something similar to that. We will leave our other server on the older version for just now.

The updated/fixed files are either available via SIX Updater already or here

Xeno

Thanks Xeno, uploaded the file that sickboy posted at dev to our server. Mission now loads, still get the error message but just clicking through it allows the mission to start.

EDIT: The Sixth updater does not seem to be adding this modified file that Sickboy uploaded at Dev yet so I added the same files to my local content and now no longer get the error message.

Edited by BroadswordUK

Since we have a NV/TI view distance module, does it work for AI too? Because it would be awkward if some soldier caped our ass from 2km, and we couldn't locate hime due to a wall of darkness. :P

@ACE__________489

@ACEX_________333

@ACEX_SM______91

@ACEX_RU______49

@ACEX_USNavy _51

Use the link bellow and save to favourites:

yashttp://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Dev.yas

Auto config URL:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Dev/modreopo.7z

For a guide and info to use YOMA's addon sync to join our server follow this link:http://www.ugaf.co.uk/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=49&id=591&Itemid=192#591

Note: UGAF is currently working on a SU repo. The repo is ready we are just looking for a webhost or root server that allows it to work.

Thanks Xeno, uploaded the file that sickboy posted at dev to our server. Mission now loads, still get the error message but just clicking through it allows the mission to start.

EDIT: The Sixth updater does not seem to be adding this modified file that Sickboy uploaded at Dev yet so I added the same files to my local content and now no longer get the error message.

Not bumped the version+signatures so that it remains compatible, run Verify and Repair to grab.

Since we have a NV/TI view distance module, does it work for AI too? Because it would be awkward if some soldier caped our ass from 2km, and we couldn't locate hime due to a wall of darkness. :P

It doesn't, which is part of the reason it's a module.

Hi, I just got Arma along with ACE on a friends recommendation 2 days ago, and I was wondering if there's a map or a mission where I can easily experiment with all the weapons in the game and the mod? I really need to get a better feel for the drop off on the launchers and stuff.

The showcase missions kind of work for that but there's no real target range and I don't think they offer all the equipment that's available in the game either.

Hi, I just got Arma along with ACE on a friends recommendation 2 days ago, and I was wondering if there's a map or a mission where I can easily experiment with all the weapons in the game and the mod? I really need to get a better feel for the drop off on the launchers and stuff.

The showcase missions kind of work for that but there's no real target range and I don't think they offer all the equipment that's available in the game either.

You could try this - great target range mission...

Moveable Target Range

Does there happen to be an ACE compatible version of the COOP 08 Armory missions, or perhaps a better one? Seems that when running ACE, loading the missions gets stuck at the "Waiting for ARMEX to open its gates."

It was a great little MP COOP mission for my buddy and I, for testing out the different weapons and stuff, as well as the option for the randomized mini-missions, and general screwing around. Now that we've discovered ACE, we've fallen in love and don't want to go back to not using it.

I'm pretty new at mission editing and scripting, so even if there was some pre-made modules I could throw together that could work as well.

Can anyone answer my question please? Or perhaps offer some advice as to why it won't finish loading with ACE running?

Is it possible for ACE mod to update ACE now that the javelin problem was fixed? Because it means we'll kinda have to wait for 2 weeks for it otherwise

Use Robalo's AI skills. The mod makes AI see twice as worse at night (configurable) so it will counter-balance that

Note: UGAF is currently working on a SU repo. The repo is ready we are just looking for a webhost or root server that allows it to work.

So once your SU repo is up are UGAF dropping the yoma repo? You guys are the last one left i can find...

Thanks for the excellent support for YOMA all this time... :yay:

Is it possible for ACE mod to update ACE now that the javelin problem was fixed? Because it means we'll kinda have to wait for 2 weeks for it otherwise

Javelin hotfix applied, you get it when you run "Verify and Repair" in SU.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/19620#note-20

RC stage might result in deviations from the official schedule btw :)

So once your SU repo is up are UGAF dropping the yoma repo? You guys are the last one left i can find...

Thanks for the excellent support for YOMA all this time... :yay:

Check out the new SU, you won't be disappointed :) http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=118605

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

Can anyone answer my question please? Or perhaps offer some advice as to why it won't finish loading with ACE running?
Running the latest CBA? In any case, please create a ticket with your rpt file and details, see: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Support Edited by Sickboy

Running the latest CBA? In any case, please create a ticket with your rpt file and details, see: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Support

Seems the issue is only when I try to host a listen server (play & host on same client/box.) This issue doesn't happen on a dedicated server. I'll fill out a ticket, not sure if anything will show up in the report or not, the game doesn't crash or freeze, it just seems that the loading bar won't progress loading at the "Waiting for ARMEX to open its games" section. When you load the mission through the dedicated server, that screen does not show up.

I knew it was a mistake trying to install ace, I failed miserably last time and this time I can't even get started.

When I try to download anything ie CBA You are not authorized to access this page.

Try armaholic (for stable release), Six Updater (latest beta) or Yoma's Addon Sync (version depends on YAS server chosen).

Thanks I got a little further using six updater now, I see a list of mods,profiles,presets and mirrors but no servers are found. I turned off AV but the problem persists.

I still don't see any servers but something is trying to download but mostly reporting endless errors.

sample

16:41:37: = @ACEX_USNavy

16:41:37: Installing... This might take a while, please wait.

16:41:37: Initializing f:/program files/bohemia interactive/arma 2/@ACEX_USNavy

16:41:37: Selected host: rsync://zeus2.zeus-community.net/rel/acex_usnavy/.pack

16:41:37: Processing .repository.yml

16:41:59: RuntimeError rSync error 35584 while processing fetch_file: --times -O --no-whole-file -r --delete --partial --progress -h --timeout=30 --exclude=.rsync --exclude=*.zsync "rsync://zeus2.zeus-community.net/rel/acex_usnavy/.pack/.repository.yml" . . See log for details. Please report the issue to SU Support (incl your logfiles).

16:42:20: RuntimeError zSync error 3 while processing fetch_file: -i ".repository.yml" -o ".repository.yml" "http://rsync.dev-heaven.net:82/rel/acex_usnavy/.pack/.repository.yml.zsync" . See log for details. Please report the issue to SU Support (incl your logfiles).

16:42:21: RuntimeError Failed transfer from http://rsync.dev-heaven.net:82/rel/acex_usnavy/.pack/.repository.yml . See log for details. Please report the issue to SU Support (incl your logfiles).

16:42:43: RuntimeError rSync error 35584 while processing fetch_file: --times -O --no-whole-file -r --delete --partial --progress -h --timeout=30 --exclude=.rsync --exclude=*.zsync "rsync://six.bssnet.dk/rel/acex_usnavy/.pack/.repository.yml" . . See log for details. Please report the issue to SU Support (incl your logfiles).

16:43:05: RuntimeError rSync error 35584 while processing fetch_file: --times -O --no-whole-file -r --delete --partial --progress -h --timeout=30 --exclude=.rsync --exclude=*.zsync "rsync://rsync.dev-heaven.net/rel/acex_usnavy/.pack/.repository.yml" . . See log for details. Please report the issue to SU Support (incl your logfiles).

16:43:26: RuntimeError zSync error 3 while processing fetch_file: -i ".repository.yml" -o ".repository.yml" "http://rsync.kellys-heroes.eu:8080/rel/acex_usnavy/.pack/.repository.yml.zsync" . See log for details. Please report the issue to SU Support (incl your logfiles).

16:43:27: RuntimeError Failed transfer from http://rsync.kellys-heroes.eu:8080/rel/acex_usnavy/.pack/.repository.yml . See log for details. Please report the issue to SU Support (incl your logfiles).

16:43:49: RuntimeError rSync error 35584 while processing fetch_file: --times -O --no-whole-file -r --delete --partial --progress -h --timeout=30 --exclude=.rsync --exclude=*.zsync "rsync://213.245.0.237/rel/acex_usnavy/.pack/.repository.yml" . . See log for details. Please report the issue to SU Support (incl your logfiles).

16:44:10: RuntimeError zSync error 3 while processing fetch_file: -i ".repository.yml" -o ".repository.yml" "http://213.245.0.237/rsync/rel/acex_usnavy/.pack/.repository.yml.zsync" . See log for details. Please report the issue to SU Support (incl your logfiles).

16:44:11: RuntimeError Failed transfer from http://213.245.0.237/rsync/rel/acex_usnavy/.pack/.repository.yml . See log for details. Please report the issue to SU Support (incl your logfiles).

16:44:32: RuntimeError zSync error 3 while processing fetch_file: -i ".repository.yml" -o ".repository.yml" "http://rsync1.alphasquad.net/rel/acex_usnavy/.pack/.repository.yml.zsync" . See log for details. Please report the issue to SU Support (incl your logfiles).

16:44:33: RuntimeError Failed transfer from http://rsync1.alphasquad.net/rel/acex_usnavy/.pack/.repository.yml . See log for details. Please report the issue to SU Support (incl your logfiles).

16:44:55: RuntimeError rSync error 35584 while processing fetch_file: --times -O --no-whole-file -r --delete --partial --progress -h --timeout=30 --exclude=.rsync --exclude=*.zsync "rsync://rsync1.alphasquad.net/rel/acex_usnavy/.pack/.repository.yml" . . See log for details. Please report the issue to SU Support (incl your logfiles).

16:45:17: RuntimeError rSync error 35584 while processing fetch_file: --times -O --no-whole-file -r --delete --partial --progress -h --timeout=30 --exclude=.rsync --exclude=*.zsync "rsync://mirror.aef-hq.com.au/rel/acex_usnavy/.pack/.repository.yml" . . See log for details. Please report the issue to SU Support (incl your logfiles).

Edited by F2k Sel

Sorry for the potentially dumb question but the forum nazi decided the question was not appropriate for the Q&A thread

What is aceclippi And what does it do?

Is it functional (I seem to have read somewhere it was currently not working right?)?

Will it let me remap the global interaction and user interaction keys once and for all?

Seems to work fine. And yes it'll let you save your ACE settings without having to minimize the game and paste text into the settings.ace file found in your oa\userconfig\ace folder (it simply pastes the stuff for you as soon as you hit "save" in the ace settings menu).

Sorry for the potentially dumb question but the forum nazi decided the question was not appropriate for the Q&A thread

Everything can be avoided by searching. 1) You would have learned ACE-related questions are to be posted in this thread. 2) You would have easily found out what Clippi does.

Posting without searching first usually garners an infraction, but I felt like going easy on you. Obviously I shouldn't have. Keep up the insults and you'll get one anyways. ;)

Seems to work fine. And yes it'll let you save your ACE settings without having to minimize the game and paste text into the settings.ace file found in your oa\userconfig\ace folder (it simply pastes the stuff for you as soon as you hit "save" in the ace settings menu).

To further expand on this, clippi must be running while Arma is running or the changes you make won't be saved.

CBA and ACE functions are in place before inits run (at least stuff that is initialized in preinit).

After some testing i've figured out that preinit is unreliable on dedicated server for some reason. I was using diag_log and on server everything was fine, mission init after preinit, but on client it was other way around, it started to load mission init and then finished preinit.