Fox '09

Task Force 121 pack by Fox '09

That looks bad ass fox!

Are there updated Helmet Models as well?

Yes, though as I said before my plans is to work on the SFOD units, and then look into the rangers. I have a little bit of work to do as far as updating the Eagle Plate Carrier textures to my new techniques, though the rest of the content stays the same.

Last night I also uvmapped a PASGT helmet and did a little work on the cover ( i can't remember what it looks like, though I'm pretty sure this is right). Helmet straps got to go though.

Capture.jpg

capture2.jpg

Do you need reference on the cover or the helmet itself? Looks good from what I can see. The PASGT is only a bit smaller and "flatter" near the top. Than the MICH series. Looks Sierra hotel.

Good to hear :) I found a couple photos online, I think I'm straight now.

(To testers - new version is up, check it out on the group)

Edited by Fox '09

fox '09 the rangers u started working on is looking great!!... i really have to say that when its all gonna comeout the SP and rangers ... its really gonna give arma 2 an other prespective !!! which afcours all those models u make ! ... in one word ... Bravo .. can wait for it to come out !

Some pictures. Sorry for not just linking them in the thread, I hate JPG compression and with 100kb it would do no justice.

http://photobucket.com/Fox05AK

I have a very modest set up, Phenom@3.0, 4GBRAM and an 9800GT. These units aren't hard on frames. Will post more in a few hours. Oh and sorry for the cross hair, Just learned about the Camera.Sqs

Thanks for the pics :). Get rid of the crosshair by pressing L.

You're welcome and thanks! It was bugging the hell out of me. lol

Impressive work on the detail, Fox. Now, it seems that the face texture needs a complete quality overhaul, it's not catching up with the helmet ;)

• Like 1

Thanks Topas :)

indeed, I have been thinking about improving upon the face textures, though I've never dabbled into organic textures of any sort, so it will be quite an adventure to say the least :)

Keep up the good work, these guys could very easily be put in missions as SEAL's, Delta Force, Green Berets, Rangers, CSAR, SAS, KSK, You name an elite group and you could call them that. I can't wait for them to be realesed and I can use them in missions. KEEP IT UP!!! :yay:

Which version of the PASGT helmet cover did you base that off? Stitching looks abit massive.

If your going for an old US Army PASGT cover, I believe the stitching was actually on the inside, ie; it was stitched inside out then flipped when put on.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/sabretron/usarmpasgt.jpg

If its the USMC style cover your going for it has the double stitching like on trousers etc.

http://i25.servimg.com/u/f25/13/65/76/13/dscf4320.jpg (on LWH)

Edited by Sabre

I knew something was up. It's supposed to be the old cover. Stitching is too big and have fixed it since (well now I've got to remove it), though it looked comparatively small on the UVs.

Toyed a bit around with the head proxy:

http://postimage.org/image/baqxyvudn/

http://postimage.org/image/xb7afid1n/

All I did was bake an AO map, add a beard & a skin texture, and i think it looks better. Have to read a tutorial on skin texturing, if anyone has a good one to recommend, do so. :)

Hah, this reminds me of Laser's old tinkering with the head textures in OFP. Any improvements are hugely welcome, as long as it doesn't break custom faces! :D

Capture.jpg

capture2.jpg

Lennard doing his thing, he made an Improved AN/PSN-13 from ArmA 1, better textures & higher detail in the mesh.

Edited by Fox '09

fox.jpg

at work in Shah-i-Kot Valley

For the ones that like the Tigercamo one last sneak peak from me.

fox2.jpg

Gathering possible INTEL from a shepherd.

Edited by VXR

Unfortunately, I simply could not resist.

2l9rw48.jpg

You may dodge such silliness in the future by using the word "shepherd." :D

In other news, nice units!

Edited by CameronMcDonald