Fox '09

Task Force 121 pack by Fox '09

dammit fox... these are insanely bad ass

how many models do you plan to release?

and will those NVG's be animated or static, I remember an old OFP mod with animated NVs though I don't know if you can do it in Arma 2

Edited by swot

I'm going to try to get 5-6 in for the first release. The NVGs are animated, thanks to Zguba. For AI it activates at nighttime (not sure what hour) and deactivates in the morning. For players it activates and deactivates just like a regular NVG. Unfortunately this requires the removal of the NVG proxy, which controls the headgear, so 3rd party goggles cannot be used. It's not high on my list but I'm working on solving this in some fashion.

Unfortunately this requires the removal of the NVG proxy

Why/how so? (lol probably the shortest question ever!)

Why/how so? (lol probably the shortest question ever!)

Because the NVG proxy includes the PVS-7 as well as the user selected glasses. If I keep it there will be both the PVS-7 & the ANVIS NVG. I was thinking a workaround would to have the NVG proxy hide at the same time when the NVG down proxy hides, but I'm not sure yet. It's not the highest on my list , rather the last thing before release.

Because the NVG proxy includes the PVS-7 as well as the user selected glasses. If I keep it there will be both the PVS-7 & the ANVIS NVG. I was thinking a workaround would to have the NVG proxy hide at the same time when the NVG down proxy hides' date=' but I'm not sure yet. It's not the highest on my list , rather the last thing before release.[/quote']

You can create custom NVG proxies for the addon to use instead of the PVS-7, in your case you might want to direct the NVG proxy to an 'empty' .p3d.

There is some info on creating custom NVG proxies in these threads:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?64717-Custom-nvg-proxy

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?111029-How-to-make-new-NVG

I'll give some of those solutions a go. To reaffirm, the NVG proxy is mutually exclusive to user selected headgear, correct?

AFAIK yes; you can only load one model onto that proxy position at a time, so you either get the NVG proxy designated for that model or your selected headgear item from the player profile menu/setidentity etc.

I believe this is the standard behaviour for all proxies in the game; else you might be able to do things like load two people onto the same cargo proxy in vehicles, or two missiles/bombs onto the same launch rail on aircraft.

OMG I can't wait it !!!lol

Do you have plan to make only Headset version

I mean no headgear (no helmet, no cap, just headset)??

not sure, though I do plan on doing headsets over caps.

While I do enjoy doing more warm weather stuff, I want to do some more cold weather gear.. That said, Lennard modeled a nice watchcap. As I speak I am working on the generation 1 ECWCS top with the hood up & down.

Capture.jpg

capture2.jpg

Edited by Fox '09

Capture.jpg

capture2.jpg

capture3.jpg

Did some normal maps last night. Not too visible but looks great when normal map is added (baked from high poly).

Here's the ref for the goretex by the way.

http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/15/27/93/02/revers12.jpg (far left and in front w/ the watchcap)

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/13/65/76/13/dscf4018.jpg

Edited by Fox '09

That bottom ref is not a ECWCS 1 top thats a reversible goretex rain jacket, owning both, theres a big difference between the two even if the basic cut is similar.

STGN

Looks great :)

Are you going to make that jacket also converted?

Like this?

MayflowerCAGwithnightcamoparkainIra.jpg

Nice cold weather stuff Fox. Will definitely use them in missions on Thirsk and Winter Kolgujev.

Nah, that stuff is for the tops of the peaks on Hazar-Kot. :p

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Nah, that stuff is for the tops of the peaks on Hazar-Kot. :p

Funny enough some photos I took earlier were taken on Hazar Kot, first map to come to mind. Photos below.

That bottom ref is not a ECWCS 1 top thats a reversible goretex rain jacket, owning both, theres a big difference between the two even if the basic cut is similar.

STGN

I changed my mind and wanted to just do the reversible one. I have both as well, the reversible has no reinforcement if I remember (have to find it), 2 slanted pockets on the DCU side, and 1 straight pocket on the desert night side. The main differences would be the collar not having the "hat front" , being substantially shorter, no zippers on the underarms, and if i remember the opening does not split very far if at all, because there's no bottom zipper. I may have to adjust the model now that I recall this.

Unless you were talking about the top photo, that is the reversible, you can tell by the inside of the parka being very dark and seems like a pattern, and it's very lightly colored.. This is obviously from GW1, and since they were made around then it must be it (3 color contracts didn't come out until just after GW1 i think).

http://s16.postimage.org/3u2erhg78/arma2oa_2012_03_22_16_37_22_46.jpg

http://s16.postimage.org/mdlaivp6s/arma2oa_2012_03_22_16_41_10_40.jpg

in game photos. Still working out weighting on the hood. The hood hasnt been deleted for viewlod but I kind of like it, you can only see it if you look behind you though.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Looks great :)

Are you going to make that jacket also converted?

Like this?

That photo gave me the idea in the first place actually. I'm going to do a reversed version as well, though it may be for the light variation of the unit (not sure how many those will be) with caps or no hats at all. Lennard has been working on a headpack for the last couple weeks, i'm sure some of you saw his work in his thread. This pack will be required for my units, as well as the upcoming backpack addon update from him as well, which will include the UM21 patrol pack & rucksack , which according to some sites can carry over 8000 cubic inches, not sure what people are going to use it for in game though.

I changed my mind and wanted to just do the reversible one. I have both as well' date=' the reversible has no reinforcement if I remember (have to find it), 2 slanted pockets on the DCU side, and 1 straight pocket on the desert night side. The main differences would be the collar not having the "hat front" , being substantially shorter, no zippers on the underarms, and if i remember the opening does not split very far if at all, because there's no bottom zipper. I may have to adjust the model now that I recall this.

Unless you were talking about the top photo, that is the reversible, you can tell by the inside of the parka being very dark and seems like a pattern, and it's very lightly colored.. This is obviously from GW1, and since they were made around then it must be it (3 color contracts didn't come out until just after GW1 i think).

[url']http://s16.postimage.org/3u2erhg78/arma2oa_2012_03_22_16_37_22_46.jpg[/url]

http://s16.postimage.org/mdlaivp6s/arma2oa_2012_03_22_16_41_10_40.jpg

in game photos. Still working out weighting on the hood. The hood hasnt been deleted for viewlod but I kind of like it, you can only see it if you look behind you though.

What ever the parkas in the top photo are I doubt they are reversible goretex Combat Rain Suits, don't think they where in production then? and if you look at the black guys left arm it seems like it has a shoulder pocket which is not on the Rain Suits, then looking at the middle guy holding another one down it looks like that pocket is rather wide unlike the ECWCS one. I can't make my eyes see any type of pattern on the inside of those parkas.

STGN

oh god, there's so much potential in that mod, but hey, about the unit that wear Crye pants, i think the elbow pads are a too high

What ever the parkas in the top photo are I doubt they are reversible goretex Combat Rain Suits, don't think they where in production then? and if you look at the black guys left arm it seems like it has a shoulder pocket which is not on the Rain Suits, then looking at the middle guy holding another one down it looks like that pocket is rather wide unlike the ECWCS one. I can't make my eyes see any type of pattern on the inside of those parkas.

STGN

http://iacmc.forumotion.com/t1850-reversible-goretex-day-night-dcu

going mostly from this. While you may be right about the pocket on the black man's hat it could just be a fold, all the sources seem to point otherwise. Even if it is a pocket it could be a modification. Look inside the cuff, it has a greenish look. I'm not sure what color the first 3 color ECWCS stuff looked like but I'm pretty sure the inside of the coat would of been tan, where this looks like night desert.

@Heroes Maker

It will be a while before I do any Crye gear, I'd have to finish this up as well as work for others around here. I want the new model to have everything modeled from the kneepads to the tabs on the sides of the knees, so by then your question would be obsolete. As it stands, the elbow is in the correct position when bent, which is all that matters :)

Looks awesome Fox ! I am so excited to see some well-made SF units in the works ! Will there be other versions of headgear with the hoodie? Such as a Pakol?

Yes! In fact, Lennard made a great pakul, and since there's interest I'll uv & texture it right now and put up some photos. Lennard's Backpack & Headgear packs will be required as I said earlier, and that will include lots of headgear & helmets.

Edited by Fox '09

Capture.jpg

capture2.jpg

Going to sharpen the wool texture, though I'm pretty happy about it. Based on a pakul from Kabul.

Looks awesome ! Now you really got me excited ! lol. Will the goggles have an option to take on/off? Thanks Fox !!!!

I'll find a way before release, they may be included in Lennard's headgear pack which will be a requirement.