Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead & Reinforcements, version 1.59 - Patch released

Huuuge list of fixes and improvements, just in time for the weekend :D thanks team

Did someone else also get wierd tree textures in front of you? Very pixily.

And painted at distance?

Have:

I7

6gb ram

gtx 285 top latest drivers.

No addons

Not at home so cannot provide screenshot jet.

Had my first crash - what is it that we should do with the three files:

arma2OA.mdmp

arma2oa.RPT

arma2OA.bidmp

Can't remember if there is a site to upload them to ...

Did someone else also get wierd tree textures in front of you? Very pixily.

And painted at distance?

Have:

I7

6gb ram

gtx 285 top latest drivers.

No addons

Not at home so cannot provide screenshot jet.

Yes. Trees look "frosty", same with the grass. Strange gray/white layer flashing. This with GTX 570, latest drivers.

Had my first crash - what is it that we should do with the three files:

arma2OA.mdmp

arma2oa.RPT

arma2OA.bidmp

Can't remember if there is a site to upload them to ...

throw all 3 to my email (my forum nickname @bistudio.com) , compress them please ...

with some simple detail what You done in moment of crash

---------- Post added at 23:17 ---------- Previous post was at 23:16 ----------

Yes. Trees look "frosty", same with the grass. Strange gray/white layer flashing. This with GTX 570, latest drivers.

that's probably ATOC

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/arma2.cfg#Example

read and experiement with settings

warning...dont download the torrent from gameupdates link.

its a shitty link that forces dl of a torrent application, even though I already have one, and installs the media-get torrent app, changes my search engine and my home page, and installs addons to my firefox browser.

took me five minutes to undo my ignorant click. :mad:

usually when i dl a torrent it asks me how to open it and defaults to uTorrent.

-Ziggy-;1887752']warning...dont download the torrent from gameupdates link.

its a shitty link that forces dl of a torrent application' date=' even though I already have one, and installs the media-get torrent app, changes my search engine and my home page, and installs addons to my firefox browser.

took me five minutes to undo my ignorant click. :mad:

usually when i dl a torrent it asks me how to open it and defaults to uTorrent.[/quote']

Thats because you pressed the wrong download button. Welcome to the internet. ;)

EXCELLENT PATCH BIS !!!

AI now engaging me from 700m ! , they never did this with vanilla AI before - Thanks a lot !!!!..........

Found a potential problem not seen with RC5 or RC6.

My RAM is spiking when I first start a game (for instance on Takistan). Of course when I alt-tab out it stabilises.

My RAM is spiking when I first start a game (for instance on Takistan). Of course when I alt-tab out it stabilises.

Isn't the final patch the same as RC6. I mean exactly the same... ?

Isn't the final patch the same as RC6. I mean exactly the same... ?

:D no commentary needed :cool:

Downloading! Thanks BIS for your great work :)

:mad::mad:

very nice but the AI is still shooting through trees and high grass

i cant even see them if i activate full gras

but they can see and shoot me :mad:

Still waiting on mr newell to get a move on with 1.59 from the reviews it sounds great but i wouldnt know since gabe is just watching us suffer while everyone else gets 1.59 :/

Just saying what I have found. I'll do more testing and get back to you. It did come as a surprise to me as well as I thought RC6 was identical, but I didnt get it in the previous versions.

F*(% me...

This update is for all versions of Arma 2: OA & RFT including STEAM. However for STEAM version we recommend to use STEAM update.

hmm... It says AI convoys now run better but from what I've seen so far, they seem worse:confused:

They take forever to get in formation to start moving and then they just start turning their whells left and right and just won't move. Anyone else noticed this?

Some new things I do like is the AI seem to be engaging from 500-700m away which is brilliant. I also like that you can now order your AI teammates behind brick walls etc for cover:yay:

EDIT: Also, for the guys worrying about Steam... I have steam versions or Arma2,OA and BAF, I installed the patch and everything runs fine except when I start up the game I get an error from BAF stating it may not be working correctly (But it seems it does).

Edited by Guest

hmm... It says AI convoys now run better but from what I've seen so far, they seem worse:confused:
Convoys work better in this build, but you still have to order them in safe or aware and line formation.

Installed and working fine, game feels alot smoother and the server seems to like it too. Another top job I think, well done. :)

Convoys work better in this build, but you still have to order them in safe or aware and line formation.

Yeah, I had them in safe and set them in tight column formation. Just tried them in standard column and it seems to work better.

very nice but the AI is still shooting through trees and high grass

i cant even see them if i activate full gras

but they can see and shoot me :mad:

You got that right... A2 is brutal enough as it is without enemy AI having X-ray vision. This issue has been very frustrating to me, forcing me to adapt or perish. When you have been SPOTTED, if multiple enemy are in the area they will all target you with pinpoint accuracy, even through vegetation, so you can't see them to shoot back. I've always thought that A2/OA is a little unfair in that regard, as enemies have better vision and aiming than a real human. But hey, it all still ROCKS!!!!