Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead & Reinforcements, version 1.59 - Patch released

Looks like the community is refusing to upgrade...still only two servers with 1.59 online in my ping limit with a total player count of 12.
Some are probably awaiting official steam patch (dunno if that's out yet already?) - though the official patch does work with it.

---------- Post added at 16:32 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

Did you change the games start code or something? :(

My batch files no longer work.

And it just stops responding.

Does it work when launching normally? If not, perhaps a firewall related issue ? (New exe, new / updated rule etc?) - just a kick in the dark.

Does it work when launching normally? If not, perhaps a firewall related issue ? (New exe, new / updated rule etc?) - just a kick in the dark.

Yeah, when using the normal shortcut it works fine. I doubt it's a firewall problem since I have application control turned off anyway.

I am sorry if I am being dim here. Since 1.59 I am no longer able to give team commands. For example. If I assigned say F2, F4 and F6 as Team Red, I used to be able to press Left Shift + F2 and all Team Red (F2, F4 and F6) would then follow whatever command I gave. The readme text with the patch says something about using Ctrl + F# instead but that has no effect. What am I suddenly doing wrong? Thanks fo any help.

I am sorry if I am being dim here. Since 1.59 I am no longer able to give team commands. For example. If I assigned say F2, F4 and F6 as Team Red, I used to be able to press Left Shift + F2 and all Team Red (F2, F4 and F6) would then follow whatever command I gave. The readme text with the patch says something about using Ctrl + F# instead but that has no effect. What am I suddenly doing wrong? Thanks fo any help.
The colour groups are choose as followed now:

Red [strg]+F1

Green [strg]+F2

blue [strg]+F3

yellow [strg]+F4

white [strg]+F5

that's imho better as before when you had to remeber whos in what team...especially with more than 10 A.I.

Can somebody give me a direct link to download the OP link just gives me BI front page and I've tried to search this patch for 15 minutes now...it even says that current version of OA is 1.56

First time I've ever had an error when installing an Arma2 patch. :(

Assuming something went wrong with the download, so redownloading from somewhere else... so does this mean I have corrupted data and need to reinstall the whole game, or will applying the patch again fix everything?

With last 1.59 beta patch, and now with 1.59, I am getting WAY more CTD than with 1.57 or with 1.58 beta patches. This is a major problem. I have started a new thread in the Troubleshooting forum. Please check it out, comment, and make suggestions.

Thank you...

The colour groups are choose as followed now:

Red [strg]+F1

Green [strg]+F2

blue [strg]+F3

yellow [strg]+F4

white [strg]+F5

that's imho better as before when you had to remeber whos in what team...especially with more than 10 A.I.

Got it. Thanks mate :yay:

First time I've ever had an error when installing an Arma2 patch. :(

Assuming something went wrong with the download, so redownloading from somewhere else... so does this mean I have corrupted data and need to reinstall the whole game, or will applying the patch again fix everything?

What type of error? I normally find reinstalling works,yes i do a lot of stupid shit and patches tend to hate me, lol but not this one, no errors this time now to go try it. Sorry can't be much more help atm.

What type of error? I normally find reinstalling works,yes i do a lot of stupid shit and patches tend to hate me, lol but not this one, no errors this time now to go try it. Sorry can't be much more help atm.

Never mind. The newly downloaded installer worked and seems to have fixed everything. :)

Are the "Escape from Kolgujev" movie posters on Chernarus new? I don't remember even having seen one O.o

Also noticed that Razor team has their old voices back. Nice!

Are the "Escape from Kolgujev" movie posters on Chernarus new?

Nope.

________

Why isn´t a drop-box or whatever for AtOC in the options menu? I know what it does and where to change, but be ready to heard "OMFG!1!111! BIS ruined mi game nao! Bugz allover ze place!"

Really.

Did you change the games start code or something? :(

My batch files no longer work.

And it just stops responding.

Seriously, no one knows? I want to play already :(

Seriously, no one knows? I want to play already :(
Perhaps using a launcher (Like spirited machine's launcher) in the meantime could be a workaround. If you could provide some more details like your rpt file for perhaps vital details with clues to the issue? :)

This works fine for me:

C:\Games\ArmA2>START "ArmA" "C:\games\ArmA2\arma2oa.exe" -window

While this crashes:

C:\Temp>START "ArmA" "C:\games\ArmA2\arma2oa.exe" -window

That's because the start-path is C:\temp and not the actual game folder.

Just need to specify the start-folder with /D

C:\Temp>START "ArmA" /D "C:\games\arma2" "C:\games\ArmA2\arma2oa.exe" -window

Then all's fine.

Edited by Sickboy

Perhaps using a launcher (Like spirited machine's launcher) in the meantime could be a workaround. If you could provide some more details like your rpt file for perhaps vital details with clues to the issue? :)

I could never get the launchers to work properly, the ones I tried just made a shortcut with the "proper" target line, and if that was an option I'd just make one myself.

How can I attach my RPT file? It's too long to put it under spoiler tags.

Edit: I've been using the one I have for ages and I've never had any problems that weren't caused by a specific mod. Why would it change now?

I could never get the launchers to work properly, the ones I tried just made a shortcut with the "proper" target line, and if that was an option I'd just make one myself.

How can I attach my RPT file? It's too long to put it under spoiler tags.

No worries mate, got my post updated with the fix for your situation.

Either I don't understand that correctly, or our systems work differently, or something, because it doesn't work. Just creates a file called START on my desktop. And why would it change so suddenly? I've been using my current batch files for so long and I haven't had any problems.

Either I don't understand that correctly, or our systems work differently, or something, because it doesn't work. Just creates a file called START on my desktop. And why would it change so suddenly? I've been using my current batch files for so long and I haven't had any problems.
Just replace your START line in your original batch with this:

START "ArmA" /D "D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2" "D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe"

Just replace your START line in your original batch with this:

START "ArmA" /D "D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2" "D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe"

Hallelujah! Thank you brother!

But still, I have to wonder what they changed to suddenly make the original one stop working :confused:

One big disappointment with 1.59

Obviously the conversation system is completely removed now for ArmA II content. No option for conversation with USMC and other old factions from chernarus A.I. anymore and when you remove the Radio all A.I. even the OA one is silent now...no more direct speech...only radio voice.

Wasn't his supposed to be fixed? At least I was told so in the bug tracker that's why I stoped writing there until the official patch was out.

With last 1.59 beta patch, and now with 1.59, I am getting WAY more CTD than with 1.57 or with 1.58 beta patches. This is a major problem. I have started a new thread in the Troubleshooting forum. Please check it out, comment, and make suggestions.

Thank you...

try please beta build 79600, was released 2 hours ago ... MP compatible with 1.59

Dwarden said it might be in the next patch (1.60).

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

i said it might be ... never take it for definitive answer :) lesser expectation leads to lower dissapoints :)

Any further information available as to when the STEAM platform will start updating the game for STEAM users? (As recommended by the notes on the Arma 2 download site, it recommends to wait for the STEAM platform to update rather than utilise the patch exe file, although compatible).