Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

A2OA Linux Server beta 1.59.79548

I have a server on linux platform. It was patched by stable 1.57 version. After 1.59 was released I must to update server too cause most of players'll patch client side too. This beta shit (I can't name it by other words) destroyed all gameplay on server. that's why I asked, why Bis developers released this bugged, "BETA" server version.

Edited by Spayker

It was labelled a beta, use at your own risk, if you don't understand what 'beta' means or why they're necessary you should give-up being a server-op. We're lucky to get a Windows dedi these days let alone a Linux one as well, remember that.

This beta shit (I can't name it by other words) destroyed all gameplay on server.

Other than the yellow ? the patch seems to work fine, don't understand why you say the above?

Guess you could always revert the server back to using one of the 1.57 linux beta patches :)

unless it impairs ability to join server then i really don't understand what's the fuzz about green/yellow except that visual gimmick ...

it will be dealt with later ...

It was labelled a beta, use at your own risk, if you don't understand what 'beta' means or why they're necessary you should give-up being a server-op. We're lucky to get a Windows dedi these days let alone a Linux one as well, remember that.

Really???? So, why did you have 1.59 (stable version) release for windows earlier then for linux?

I know what beta is mean. Also, I was forced by 1.59 release to do the patch update for server. I wrote it before, btw.

the patch seems to work fine, don't understand why you say the above?

The 1.59 patch for linux is NOT fine. Server has 0 fps after 30-60 minutes of playing in warfare. Before this we have a stable 1.57 version. Games were held for 4-5 hours on Cherno map.

Edited by Spayker

Having a Linux dedicated is pure luck according to developers, that's why it's still labeled beta.

Windows code is more mature so for them it's harder to keep up.

What addons are you using serverside?

Edited by Lonestar

What addons are you using serverside?

I don't use any addons on serverside. I'm not noob in this. admining server over 2 years.

Spayker: 4 hours and still working fine for me.

Sorry, I don't understand you. Look battleye server list and you'll see that all linux servers have yellow status (patched by 1.59)

Yellow status is only an icon - so what?

The server lists is no longer separated between green and yellow.

As Dwarden said they will look into it - yet its basically a non issue.

Yellow status is only an icon - so what?

The server lists is no longer separated between green and yellow.

As Dwarden said they will look into it - yet its basically a non issue.

it indicates that the server is not standard and may use some mods etc. in the end you will not getting the server full, which is a problem if you want to play a online multiplayer game ....

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

unless it impairs ability to join server then i really don't understand what's the fuzz about green/yellow except that visual gimmick ...

it will be dealt with later ...

No, it is a switch, if you do not list servers with "expansions" you will only see Windows servers...so it is a serious bug and will have an impact to the amount of people who join.

ByteSlam has a point here. It's really hard enough already trying to get enough people in - even for a standard BE Warfare.

Would be really cool, if we could get this sorted out quickly with another server version. It would be really unfortunate, if this issue is going to persist for a longer period.

considering the expansion filter is bugged i doubt anyone uses it ...

anyway it's non-serious issue to ramble about it over weekend instead of wait for fix in normal workday

Agreed, but I don't think anyone was expecting it to get fixed on the weekend anyways, to be honest. :)

The patch has been released prior to the weekend, so of course people will find issues when trying it out across saturday and sunday and voice them.

It was voiced, it got heard. Rest is with you, guys.

since patching my server is orange.

and my log is full of that :

Server: Object 2:27482 not found (message 32)

Server: Object 2:27482 not found (message 189)

Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbingradio_e\radio\male05tk\default\weapons\machinegun.ogg'

Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbingradio_e\radio\male05tk\default\weapons\machinegun.ogg'

i make installation same all of prévious patch.

b_560_95_1.png

Edited by oguras

anyway it's non-serious issue to ramble about it over weekend instead of wait for fix in normal workday

Ok, let's play this bugged version and tell everyone that everything is fine. Or maybe, it's time to release a stable version of the patch for Linux servers, which do not fall on Chernarus map???

Ok, let's play this bugged version and tell everyone that everything is fine. Or maybe, it's time to release a stable version of the patch for Linux servers, which do not fall on Chernarus map???

maybe you could post your error logs etc maybe there is some scripting issues with the version of warfare you play as others don't seem to be having this problem.

played for over two hours today on my server no crashes either client or serverside used the following wonderfull mods

@cba

@ace

@acex

@acex_ru

@acex_usnavy

@fallujah

@fran_quesh_kibrul

@glt_f16

@glt_missilebox

@isla_duala

@lingor

@lingor_units

@thirsk

@wintercamos

:bounce3:

anarcho, I have no problems with server crash and his status, when it was patched by 1.57. 2 days ago I patched it to 1.59. Our primary server (you may see it on my banner) now has yellow status. Also, we don't use any mods and addons now (I mean -mod=somemod1,somemod2 etc.). Also, I see that windows servers has green status and patched by 1.59 patch.

Usually, we play warfare (44 players on Cherno map and 48 on taki map) normally. Server don't crashes for 4-5 hours. Now we have a problem with play on Cherno, cause FPS on server, just down, like: 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 and crash.

anarcho, I have no problems with server crash and his status, when it was patched by 1.57. 2 days ago I patched it to 1.59. Our primary server (you may see it on my banner) now has yellow status. Also, we don't use any mods and addons now (I mean -mod=somemod1,somemod2 etc.). Also, I see that windows servers has green status and patched by 1.59 patch.

Usually, we play warfare (44 players on Cherno map and 48 on taki map) normally. Server don't crashes for 4-5 hours. Now we have a problem with play on Cherno, cause FPS on server, just down, like: 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 and crash.

This is true, while playing bennys warefare on cherno the server crashes after a while.

But do we see the same behavior if we play another scenario based on Cherno?

The point is, is this problem caused by the server version or is it a bug from Benny which occurs now?

As long as the normal Cherno runs fine, BI is not on duty to solve this...

Post the crash files at the CIT..

I noticed another weird thing:

While my server appears with a yellow status in the server browser it appears green when I list it directly using its IP address.... :headscratch:

Can anyone else confirm this?

I noticed another weird thing:

While my server appears with a yellow status in the server browser it appears green when I list it directly using its IP address.... :headscratch:

Can anyone else confirm this?

Google Translate !!!!

Not confirm it. If I'm on the IP code indicates the server, it appears yellow, but lost the list of add-ons installed on the server. Likewise there is a problem with MTU http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18007

Can someone tell me how to update server data to 1.59 without reuploading 10 gigs 7zipped game from a windows installation :/

We use Ubuntu and dedicated server that is not reachable "on foot" :)

rsync? :)

For me this update amounted to the usual 2GB upload (CO) once only altered files (sort by date) are 7-zipped with Ultra compression.

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:52 PM ----------

I should add, one way I've found of saving update size if you're running CO is to only upload *_pmc.* and *_baf.* (i.e. the DLC lite versions) from \common, I place these in /addons and otherwise have no /common at all.

I usually compare files between my updated client and the outdated server.

Write a list of the modified files.

Create an FTP account on the server and give it to volunteers in my gaming group and/or co-admins

Let them upload the files after a good 7z ULTRA compression

Use a thread in the forum to know who is uploading what

It takes us less than 48 hours with only 2 contributors and the shitty Italian DSL lines (not the worst shitty things in Italy right now..)