?

Thanks in advance..

i got the same

[mark@linuxbox arma2]$ tar -xjf a2oa-server-1.59.79548.tar.bz2
[mark@linuxbox arma2]$ ./install

ArmA 2 - Operation Arrowhead - Linux Dedicated Server 1.57
Converting ArmA 2 OA directory:
No file-names were converted
ArmA 2 - Operation Arrowhead Server was installed.

turned mods off ip 94.171.163.116

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

this the normal output from the logs when i startup

WATCHDOG (13152): [Fri Apr  1 17:38:19 BST 2011] Starting server (port 2302)...
Item str_disp_server_control listed twice
17:38:35 Dedicated host created.
17:38:36 Host identity created.

Have updated my server too and I am facing the same issue, server is listed with yellow question mark.

md5 hashes here

? what should I do with this single md5?

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

BTW all Linux servers so far I can see having the same issue

I confirm that - even if the ./install calls it a "v1.57 installation" the installed server is a v1.59 in all aspects.

Normal install/update procedures must applied as usual and they will successfully return a v1.59 server.

It is just a typo.

I also recommend making sure that the file bi2.bikey is placed into keys/ and expansion/keys/ accordingly. This seems to be a new BIS key along with the old bi.bikey
Edited by Reezo

i did a check to see if it was related to having full baf and pmc clientside, but didn't make a difference as still yellow ?

remember You must NOT upload clientside PMC/BAF data to server !

the MP needed data are part of the Lite variants already in the game main data!

Yep just the lite versions on the server, did you manage to see my server by filtering for ravachol?

Same here (yellow status). I updated my Linux server exactly as the instructions say, no mods running either -> Result: Yellow status

There must be something wrong with this Linux version. I am yet to see a 1.59 Linux server with a green status after updating to 1.59. For me all available Linux servers appear yellow in the in-game browser (with or without mods). The only servers running 1.59 with a green status are on Windows.

I have Arma2 CO running on Win7 64bit and I updated it using the regular Arma2-OA patch. AFAIK there is no Arma2-CO patch and it is supposed to include Arma2 update 1.05 to 1.09, right? However, my Arma2 installation folder has been left untouched at 1.08 after patching. Could this be part of the problem?

Update: I just tried running the server in OA mode only (e.g. without the Arma2 content) - still yellow status. I'm still going to update Arma2 from 1.08 to 1.09 using the patch and re-upload the content to my server. Maybe that helps...

Edited by daikan

Same here (yellow status). I updated my Linux server exactly as the instructions say, no mods running either -> Result: Yellow status

There must be something wrong with this Linux version. I am yet to see a 1.59 Linux server with a green status after updating to 1.59. For me all available Linux servers appear yellow in the in-game browser (with or without mods). The only servers running 1.59 with a green status are on Windows.

I have Arma2 CO running on Win7 64bit and I updated it using the regular Arma2-OA patch. AFAIK there is no Arma2-CO patch and it is supposed to include Arma2 update 1.05 to 1.09, right? However, my Arma2 installation folder has been left untouched at 1.08 after patching. Could this be part of the problem?

Update: I just tried running the server in OA mode only (e.g. without the Arma2 content) - still yellow status. I'm still going to update Arma2 from 1.08 to 1.09 using the patch and re-upload the content to my server. Maybe that helps...

I have already done this, it is a waste of time. There is something wrong with the 1.59....and BI is very quiet...so I guess they are aware and looking into it.

we will look into it for sure

I can not reproduce it, no mods server, I get a green dot:

1zuyo_thumb.png

Using:

./server -config=ace-test_01.cfg

I had a 1.57 test linux server. I've deleted and reuploaded the following folders: Addons, Common, Dta, Expansion, Keys.

Then I unpacked the 1.59 linux package, and ran ./install

Edited by Sickboy

I can not reproduce it, no mods server, I get a green dot:

1zuyo_thumb.png

Using:

./server -config=ace-test_01.cfg

I had a 1.57 test linux server. I've deleted and reuploaded the following folders: Addons, Common, Dta, Expansion.

Then I unpacked the 1.59 linux package, and ran ./install

strange, IP? I was unbale to find any Linux DS with green icon.

strange, ip? I was unbale to find any linux ds with green icon.

Works fine for me too - using the game data from my A2:CO installation patched to (A2)1.09 and (OA)1.59 for the little Linux test server I have, it shows up all green and good when listed in the in-game game browser. No mods, just stock ArmA II:CO.

(I can however see a lot of Linux 1.59 servers out there that have the yellow marker next to them, for whatever reason)

EDIT Note that in my testing, both the Linux server and my Windows ArmA II client is started without any -mod=... parameter(s) at all. Also, I don't own the BAF or PMC DLC:s, so that may be why my setup "just works"

Edited by Killswitch

Not over here... What is the startup line used for your game, any mods active?

BAF / PMC full in use?

My startup parameters for the client-game were;

arma2oa.exe -noSplash -noPause -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors -skipIntro -window

I am very close to the server - perhaps that it depends on latency?

Edited by Sickboy

Works fine for me too - using the game data from my A2:CO installation patched to (A2)1.09 and (OA)1.59 for the little Linux test server I have, it shows up all green and good when listed in the in-game game browser. No mods, just stock ArmA II:CO.

(I can however see a lot of Linux 1.59 servers out there that have the yellow marker next to them, for whatever reason)

all off them, just filter out "exepnsions" and check the shown servers, you will find not a single Linux Server.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Not over here... What is the startup line used for your game, any mods active?

BAF / PMC full in use?

My startup parameters for the client-game were;

arma2oa.exe -noSplash -noPause -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors -skipIntro -window

D:\arma2oa\arma2oa.exe -mod=BAF;PMC -nosplash -maxMem=4096

I tried with yours, but had the same result, all Linux servers I know are shown with yellow question mark.

Edited by byteslam

Yep, ours has gone yellow also, no mods running and we've always had green before even a couple of patches ago when it seemed nobody else did. SB's is also yellow for me.

D:\arma2oa\arma2oa.exe -mod=BAF;PMC -nosplash -maxMem=4096

That -mod=BAF;PMC must be related then because I get even a green light on your linux server:

mrwxus_thumb.png

Could you give it a spin without the -mod= line?

And then perhaps also once with -mod=pmc;baf

-- hopefully it gives some insights into the root of the problems, and possible bugfix (by bis).

ps. I notice in your server name: "OA/BAF", but if I look at the modline string in the ingame server browser, it says: ArmA2: British Armed Forces (Lite)

Edited by Sickboy

Could you give it a spin without the -mod= line?

And then perhaps also once with -mod=pmc;baf

-- hopefully it gives some insights into the root of the problems, and possible bugfix (by bis).

The server is started without any mod, I tried your start cmd for my client and I got the same result, really strange that you see it as green...

"arma2oaserver"

ARMA_DIR=/home/arma/arma2server

CONFIG=secserver.cfg

PORT=2302

PIDFILE=${ARMA_DIR}/${PORT}.pid

RUNFILE=${ARMA_DIR}/${PORT}.run

LOGFILE=${ARMA_DIR}/log.${PORT}.txt

SERVER=${ARMA_DIR}/server

OTHERPARAMS=-cpucount=2

The server is started without any mod, I tried your start cmd for my client and I got the same result, really strange that you see it as green...

"arma2oaserver"

ARMA_DIR=/home/arma/arma2server

CONFIG=secserver.cfg

PORT=2302

PIDFILE=${ARMA_DIR}/${PORT}.pid

RUNFILE=${ARMA_DIR}/${PORT}.run

LOGFILE=${ARMA_DIR}/log.${PORT}.txt

SERVER=${ARMA_DIR}/server

OTHERPARAMS=-cpucount=2

Strange indeed - I am guessing that BAF and PMC are autoloaded just like expansion is etc, could you try renaming BAF and PMC folders to like BAF_backup, PMC_backup ?

And if not auto-loaded by default, it could still be that the PMC/BAF are activated through internal mod manager.

Strange indeed - I am guessing that BAF and PMC are autoloaded just like expansion is etc, could you try renaming BAF and PMC folders to like BAF_backup, PMC_backup ?

the folders are not present on the server, lite is fine for a server, means I did not upload the both folders with the mod