Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Introducing Take On Helicopters by Bohemia Interactive

"but that's not to that we're finished playign games with you just yet........ "

God, i'm going to take some aspirins.... :ill:

This!

can sb explain me PIP

I'm german

:beeeers:

and cant really understand it (google also didnt made me smarter)

Maybe a Griffon ?

No , its somekind fictional version of bell 412 - mainly the main rotor

btw who wants small video on screen? lol - we want Render to texture :mad:

Picture in Picture, or Picture to Texture, meaning that we do no have blurry textures on our Rückspiegel, but the actual reflection :P

Are you guys seriously going to ignore RiE just mentioning them working on Picture in Picture technology for the VR2 engine?!

I was going to say that...

Actually we already have PinP since PMC with video playback. So it's obviously Render to Texture for true "screens".

@Mr. Charles

OHH JAWOLLO

good news!!

( so its basically render to texture)

this for OA---- good enough for me!

can someone explain me the last page of the thread, i didn't understand a single word... :(

Are you guys seriously going to ignore RiE just mentioning them working on Picture in Picture technology for the VR2 engine?! :yay:

ha, I'm too much of a mil-jargon guy. I thought it was "Product Improvement Package"

Are you guys seriously going to ignore RiE just mentioning them working on Picture in Picture technology for the VR2 engine?! :yay:

Somebody from BIS should again confirmed it. If we undestand correctly :). And what about this feature? 5566820835671216849underground.jpg

That will make us more happier. I'm not saying that they are going implement it.

Somebody from BIS should again confirmed it. If we undestand correctly :). And what about this feature?

That will make us more happier. I'm not saying that they are going implement it.

Thats VBS2 am afraid

Yeah :) Nice, looks like it's time to blow the dust of the joystick i got lying around here somewhere lol :D

Thats VBS2 am afraid

I know, but PIP is aslo vbs2 only yet. :p

RENDERTOTEXTURE THIS x1000000 for OA - create realistic mirrors , optics and MFD cameras

Trying not to get overly excited here, but I still think this is the cover for Ep2.

So what scenario would involve the "Seattle & the surrounding area" -and- "South East Asia" terrains? Well, WW3 of course! There are plenty of totally realistic and chilling ways it could go down. Internal nuke attack on numerous American cities (ala Jericho)? Just look how we responded after 9/11 and extrapolate exponentially from there. Two years after Peak Oil and the ensuing aftermath? Do you think the US will sit idly by starved of energy, when other countries control the majority of the world's oil? Or how about the current war in the Middle East continuing to escalate and spiraling totally out of control? Unnerving and all to possible, to say the least.

Yes there are plenty of alarming real-world scenarios we could end up with the Chinese invasion of North America. Perhaps the early (or late?) stages of the war play out in the jungles and cities of SE Asia. And just think of the enormous population advantage China would bring to the table. My fingers are still crossed. My thinking is that BIS are just using preliminary versions of the first built up terrain for their elaborate and entertaining April ruse. ;)

Or... Maybe it really is a sim about a family struggling to make ends meet in the helicopter business? Well, I suppose I wouldn't rule that out either... :eek: In any event, my money is with BIS, as I'm certain they could actually pull it off.

You know, its just 1 day away from April fools,.. I smell a rat! lol

This all sounds fishy, though if im wrong then im the fool!

Guys, april fools only occurs on 1st of April. Before or after this day it's just a common joke.

It would be a big waste of time for a simple joke. The Farma joke was alot simpler

I've asked on Youtube if the trailer was CGI or Ingame footage and they've answered fully ingame. I don't think they would go that far with their own community, taking thet time to answer comments. Nobody would find this funny.

Anyway I'm wondering if it will be in the scope of Simcopter/Search And Rescue

Edited by Macadam Cow

You know, its just 1 day away from April fools,.. I smell a rat! lol

This all sounds fishy, though if im wrong then im the fool!

Sorry mate, there is no way on Earth that this is a joke.

For a "civilian" sim like this, I hope it will be full-on realism at least on the flight dynamics side (DCS Black Shark level) and with realistic ATC, weather and navigation. Without full detail avionics (button/switch mashing) however I'm not sure how interesting it will be. It also sounds a bit odd that this would be left out, as I dont think the full detail systems of a civilian helicopter would be that hard to implement as there's no weapon systems to worry about.

I'd say a clickable cockpit is definately the absolute minimum requirement for today's flightsim standard though. (IL2COD, DCS series, Combat Helo, Jet Thunder, etc. all have it, and those are combat sims)