Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

BI Developer's Blog: An interesting new entry

April Foolz!!!.....You will all find out on the 1st of April that this is all a big hoax.

My thoughts as well till I realised OFP2:Red River gets released in April. Just maybee BIS are planning a bit of a counter strike.....to compliment Reinforements

My though when you mentioned OFP2: Menstruation.... would you beat a retarded child?

My though when you mentioned OFP2: Menstruation.... would you beat a retarded child?

Red River - Period

LOL Best one I have heard yet

LOL :D Well we know how much BIS (and of course the majority of the community [not you Ben S!]) likes to joke about CM and their desperate attempts to create a good game...

Whatever happens, I hope to be typing "ep2" at the end of my classnames sometime in the future!

+

I looked for that adress in Mercer stree and it tells me it's the adress of a company called Eyeplay Inc.

This company works in the field of Video Production and Taping Service

http://www.eyeplay.com/flash/index.htm

=

Eyeplay is situated in exactly the building 500 m north of the first Street View position near the Space Needle.

And now look how they abbreviate their company name on their homepage. :D :D

EDIT:

A picture showing again the location (Google Earth):

asdf.jpg

http://www.eyeplay.com/flash/index.htm

Edited by Undeceived

eyeplay is currently relocating....

That was in 2004 (look at the date). So I would guess that Mercer Street is already their new address.

Edit:

This confirms their location in Seattle:

http://www.manta.com/c/mmgdr9z/eyeplay-inc

But nevertheless their location is not so important for me: I just was pretty surprised reading the "Ep". ;)

Edited by Undeceived

To spare me the tedium of reading through the whole thread again, can someone explain why we're looking at locations 500m north of the originally linked Street View position?

To spare me the tedium of reading through the whole thread again, can someone explain why we're looking at locations 500m north of the originally linked Street View position?

i was actually wondering about the same thing...maybe my logic fails me (although i don't seem to be the only one)

I think it was because of the helo... MD 500. However, IIRC, the helo's real model name is "MD 520N", so we're 20 meters off... could still be in Eyeplay's office though.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1883061&postcount=170

Edit:

I think it was because of the helo... MD 500. However, IIRC, the helo's real model name is "MD 520N", so we're 20 meters off... could still be in Eyeplay's office though.

Well, if it's 520 meters then the position is EXACTLY on the Eyeplay building, I would say.

Edited by Undeceived

As a side note, bis' main corporate page lists them as also doing studio and production kit hire

As a side note, bis' main corporate page lists them as also doing studio and production kit hire

Really, where is that?

i think it was me who started this "look at the position 500m north of the streetview pos".

And it was a joke, i thought it was obvious, sorry ;-)

So you can see what simple jokes are capable to become. :D

I found it to be a nice trace to follow. Better than the Sim-Copter game stuff, etc.

But honestly I also doubt that BI would have spent so much brain into their mind games.

Edited by Undeceived

Ok my take on this :

Someone over at BIS got drunk and posted that thing and then they decided to just go with since so many people are bending their brains to figuer it out . Sounds logical right :cool: ?

Well that or their next expansion includes a military/civilian version of the MD 520N and one of the main characters is from Seattle...

and his also Guba's grandson ...

OR IS HE ?!

As the detective said to to the old man who had loads of soil dumped on his allotment.... "The plot thickens!"

Another picture archive, this one is password protected and contains a file third_time_lucky.txt

What is that logo in the back, MSA Gallet? A chopper helmet?