Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA release candidate 1.59 build 78955

@BIS I in fact like the new Animation Speed when moving, the only thing I really dislike are the "switch to AT" speeds and the "AT Reloading" speeds If you would only find a way to slow them down, then I think most of the People here would be happy and stop bitching^^

Could you please explain it to us why it is such a Problem to slow them down? You know, we understand everything if you take the Time to explain it ;)

What would happen if you slow down the "switch to AT" Speed? Would this also slow down the Pistol switch? Same with Reloading?

yes tonci87 thats true, slowing the at/aa usage will stop many complaints.

one thing that came into my mind about at/aa weapons:

why not handle them something like the static weapons? put em on the ground and use action menu to deploy it (after using the action menu, the avatar just plays the typical weaponswitch animation and gets the launcher in hands).

though the idea to be forced to reload the launcher before usage is a better way :o

When i fire a smaw, the rocket has a ballistic curve and it's not flying straight. I think it's caused by the Zeus Addon. When i got it right it includes some kind of rocket ballistics, which is really nice

yes tonci87 thats true, slowing the at/aa usage will stop many complaints.

one thing that came into my mind about at/aa weapons:

why not handle them something like the static weapons? put em on the ground and use action menu to deploy it (after using the action menu, the avatar just plays the typical weaponswitch animation and gets the launcher in hands).

though the idea to be forced to reload the launcher before usage is a better way :o

Well that would be a solution for Weapons like the Metis, which can be deployed on a Tripod (just look at ACE) But it would look very weird with an RPG. The Reload before shooting thing is already done by ACE and makes it much more interesting when suddenly a Tank shows up :D

Hi,

Who should I send a report about spanish localization issues? Should I create a CIT ticket for it?

just a question guys iam still on 1.57 does the 1.59 speeds up the anims (like the 1.58 version) ?

If so iam gonna skipp as long as possible or wait for a someone to come out with a solution for this horrible speed up.

thx in advance

just a question guys iam still on 1.57 does the 1.59 speeds up the anims (like the 1.58 version) ?

If so iam gonna skipp as long as possible or wait for a someone to come out with a solution for this horrible speed up.

thx in advance

Yes, every animation is now triple speed instead of double, and BIS is never going back to the old anims. Enjoy your 1.57.

... and when that is coming for a DM mission expert, we're f***ed ;)

Yes, every animation is now triple speed instead of double, and BIS is never going back to the old anims. Enjoy your 1.57.

Only triple :( ill have to speed up my mouse settings ... damn it.

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:50 ----------

im getting old you know..... I need every bit of help I can against these Cod whiz kids...

I would say this - Return all animation speeds to 1.57 ones - everyone will be happy

If you want speedy animations use addon for that :hmmm:

Edited by RobertHammer

i wonder how many of readers will think that is true what You just posted :D:eek:

{and fail to see the irony}

---------- Post added at 16:16 ---------- Previous post was at 16:15 ----------

Hi,

Who should I send a report about spanish localization issues? Should I create a CIT ticket for it?

definitely create CIT ticket ... that's why CIT exist

BIS what are you waiting for?

Release this RC as full official patch and move on to the next big A2OA+BAFPMC+RFT+XXX patch/update/upgrade. Sooner or later there will be some ideas+solution to make all players happy. Maybe develop a userfriendly build-in feature/tool to check+download+install+activate required addons/mods with just one click.

Most people (incl. pvp-players!!) are just lazy and like to use comfy features... :)

As a side note, I would LOVE to see BI start some kind of community change submission process. Where small patches / config changes could be submitted and included in major patches if they're really good. Things like the FLIR texture mods / addition weapon set ups come to mind.

This would be great.

BIS what are you waiting for?

We are waiting for a while to make sure there is no show stopper issue present. This is always possible even after minor fixes, and having to hot-fix the "stable" patch is something we would really like to avoid.

uhm SERIOUSLY ... ??

Can please someone tell me if BIS is REALLY gonna stay from now on with the SPEEDED UP animations or not ?!?

Once more, any word if anyone is experiencing any VOIP gremlins? I'd rather ask than install it only to find it again and have to reinstall everything all over again from scratch and sit here re-patching everything as well, heh. My original question either got buried or ignored due to all the bickering about the animations, so I figured I'd ask again politely--whoops! *hides behind couch* :couch:

uhm SERIOUSLY ... ??

Can please someone tell me if BIS is REALLY gonna stay from now on with the SPEEDED UP animations or not ?!?

They will slowly speed up the animations for every patch from now on, this so we get used to faster gameplay, and one day arma2 will be as fast as corridor shooters. This is to cater a new type of gameplay as they will port arma2 over to consoles in the near future.

uhm SERIOUSLY ... ??

anims are smoothed out a bit compared to RC 1.58 but partly still faster than in 1.57.

I could get used to them by time, though (I hope);

the reloading times/ anims for AT/ MG and the "no weapon collision" thingy are my main concern for now.

uhm SERIOUSLY ... ??

Seriously. People miss the news about every patch tweaking the anims according to feedback, but my sarcastic nonsense gets their attention.

They will slowly speed up the animations for every patch from now on, this so we get used to faster gameplay, and one day arma2 will be as fast as corridor shooters. This is to cater a new type of gameplay as they will port arma2 over to consoles in the near future.

And the Libya Coalition is actually going to slowly transfer overseas until they show up on the Eastern Seaboard where they will open concentration camps and take your guns before resettling illegal immigrants in your house.

AHHH !!! ALL THE WHINING IS KILLIN ME !

<ahem> sorry.

Thanks BIS, for the hard work -- and cant wait to see the perf of 1.57 return.

The animations look/act fine for me, but I guess im just not as refined and/or experienced as some of these other guys.

BIS, you should feel proud that for those who complain the most, it means that Arma isnt just a game or a SIM, but a /religion/ ! Youve created Arma zealots, and to me thats a feather in your cap, and a testament to what youve done here so far.

Great job - lookin forward to the release.

Hey BIS, has anything been done to the setHit command recently? setHit ["",1] doesn't damage the "" part of a unit (anymore?). I'm almost sure that I've successfully done that before in a previous version in order to prevent damaging other body parts.

Animations in 1.59:

* jog (which is used very often) is in fact slower than it was until 1.57

* fast kneel movement also slower

* climbing ladders is slower

* AT reload speed should be also slower (at least it was attempted to be, I did not test it yet) or the same as in 1.57

* various transitions are a bit faster but nowhere near as fast as they were in 1.58

I simply fail to see how is Arma 2 becoming as fast as common corridor shooters at all in 1.59.