Sign in to follow this  
abel

ARMA 2: OA beta build 78967

if there is a patch, something should be changed...maybe maruk/dwarden can shed some light

this will be mostly concern animations i guess.

isnt patchday tomorrow? so lets test and give feedback, and hope we can preventt the fast anims to come in full patch.

I've no doubt it's a binary archive of compressed WIN.

Slow down prone-to-stand animation a bit more

Slow down weapon switch animation a bit more (it looks quite unrealistic when soldier puts something as big as NLAW in his hands like it's some light, small plastic toy)

Slow down AT weapon reload animations just a little bit more

Other than that looks quite bearable

Does one need the 1.58RC patch (78473) installed before installing these betas or they are still based off of 1.57?

I'm refering to those >78473 like 78888, 78927 and this 78967. Thanks in advance.

Does one need the 1.58RC patch (78473) installed before installing these betas or they are still based off of 1.57?

I'm refering to those >78473 like 78888, 78927 and this 78967. Thanks in advance.

It works with 1.58RC, as well as with the 1.57

I've noticed something weird in the recent beta's after 78413. For some reason VOIP refuses to work for me and The D. on the Casual ArmA Players Server. We ended up having to resort to Mumble just so we can communicate with everyone else. I reverted back to 78413 and VOIP started working perfectly again.

In addition, with ACE, the new patches cause an issue of instant-reloads for me and one other person I play with. If I take a M240 for example, shoot a few rounds or empty the mag and reload while either crouching or prone, I:

1) Do not see the reload animation

2) Can instantly resume firing in like 1ms. Just tap the reload button and instantly you can resume firing.

I just tested today's beta release and both are present. Although if I turn off ACE, I don't get the reload bug. But the VOIP refuses to work still for me. Even when hitting the key I don't see my name showing up anymore and cannot communicate. When I go back to 78413, everything works perfectly fine.

they should fix the bug with the veeeeeeeeeery slow cursor in main menu

HEY! They finally fixed throwing grenade bug while walking! finally!

Thanks Mr.Ben. Might have to add my feedback to the ticket as well. Oddly enough, our in-game text doesn't seem to be affected, and no matter what channel you select--VOIP won't broadcast myself or The D. When I reverted to 78413 for example, everything worked again.

Weird to say the least, lol.

-movement speeds are fine

-stance transitions are still way too fast and abrupt

-weapon switch animations are too fast (especially for AT and MG)

-weapon reload animations are too fast (especially for AT and MG)

last but not least why was that arcady weapon clipping introduced?

there´s already shack tack movement for people who aren´t able or willing to handle their rifle like a real gun...

no need to deliberately force this on everyone; it´s an immersion breaker and I loved it that the weapon handling in CQB required some additional skill :(

all in all: ArmA2 plz don´t go Arcade2!!!

skill? how is that skill?

also to call these minor tweaks compared to what arma is and is played,

some would call "fear mongering" or just completely inappropriate.

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

In addition, with ACE, the new patches cause an issue of instant-reloads for me and one other person I play with. If I take a M240 for example, shoot a few rounds or empty the mag and reload while either crouching or prone, I:

1) Do not see the reload animation

2) Can instantly resume firing in like 1ms. Just tap the reload button and instantly you can resume firing.

Solved by Xeno; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18268#note-2

The A.I. to player conversation system is broken.

On OA maps the A.I. does not report contacts when asked for, just "yes I saw something" the kind of contact is visible only in subtitle text.

On ArmA II maps (Utes, Chernarus) the conversation system does not work at all.

Im not using any mods nor did I ever do so.

Animations:

Im not repeating the reload and AT switch rant, enough is writen about that.

Stance change animations are not good looking, the speed up playmove now shoees even more the robotic characteristic...player and A.I. look robotic like in Armed Assault again. AA had some of the most robotic animations ever due to animations speed. A much slower animation speed at least takes away the robotic look.

You know, with this latest beta, I'm really liking the jog/sprint speeds. I really have no frame of reference as I have completely forgotten how they felt originally (in 1.57), but they feel pretty good right now.

xenos video also shows that the prone animations are to fast for my taste, especialy movement to the side.

[78194] Changed: First click on a target from quick commanding menu now issues Target instead of Attack, second click issues Engage.

[78552] Improved: Quick commanding menu now allows to order multiple units to engage or fire at the same time.

Related to these changes. Shouldn't 'Move to' still stay the default action in quick command menu when not pointing to an enemy? After giving 'target' command I'm much more likely to give a 'move' than 'engage' command when I'm pointing to empty area.

looking at xenos video - these new still fast animation speeds makes the animations are done look clunky and pretty damn dated.

not sure why bis is taking the game in this direction... too fast for my taste as well. hating the idea that the game will have to be modded by say ACE2 (great mod by the way) to be realistic by default in such basic basic things as movement speed and more.