Sign in to follow this  
andrea0373

F/A-18 Super Hornet

Does this mean that Mando Missiles won't be mandatory for the addon to work? If so I think that's a wise move. Don't get me wrong - Mando is a superb addon and very popular with users, but I think it would reduce the number of people who used your excellent addon if it was an enforced requirement. Just having the GLT Missilebox as a requirement makes more sense, with Mando an option for those who wish to have a more complex/authentic experience.

Keep up the good work Meatball - getting close now. :)

Thanks for your comment and yes MMA is not required to use this addon.

Here are some screenshots:

arma2OA2011-05-1508-33-33-06.png

arma2OA2011-05-1508-35-44-32.png

arma2OA2011-05-1508-33-46-36.png

arma2OA2011-05-1508-33-20-96.png

continued on next post....

Should already be one included, I'm not sure if it is working after the move to A2 though.

Nice screenies you got there :D

Will you be including an unmarked version, without squadron markings?

Also, are you at any point considering making the VFA-102 Diamondbacks 50th anniversary livery? I ask coz its probably my favorite squadron marking in an F-18 :P

Link to pictures of it:

http://www.carrierbuilders.net/store/images/F-18-005-A2.jpg

http://modelingmadness.com/others/features/f18page/ClarenceWentzelVFA102.jpg

not exactly the best of pics, but they give the best views of the markings.

Mate, that looks proper pro :)

Really impressed by the attention to detail.

I remember how this thread started, just to get something else on the Nimitz and another aircraft to fly. It started so small, now look at it! This bitch bloody snowballed! And look how well it snowballed! Damm....

Think enough people are going, "Are we there yet?"

that's looking awesome dude :)

Thanks!

Wow, very nice work. Any plans in making ejection seats?

There are ejection seats onboard and even a raft if you eject over water... there is however an error when you crash, I dont think it is major and I will fix it when I am cleaning her up for release...

Nice screenies you got there :D

Will you be including an unmarked version, without squadron markings?

Also, are you at any point considering making the VFA-102 Diamondbacks 50th anniversary livery? I ask coz its probably my favorite squadron marking in an F-18 :P

Link to pictures of it:

http://www.carrierbuilders.net/store/images/F-18-005-A2.jpg

http://modelingmadness.com/others/features/f18page/ClarenceWentzelVFA102.jpg

not exactly the best of pics, but they give the best views of the markings.

I dont think there will be any unmarked versions. I am planning on including a Navy squadron.. I was actually thinking of VFA-136. But I will definitely look at those pics.. thanks for the heads up.

Mate, that looks proper pro :)

Really impressed by the attention to detail.

Thank you very much!

I remember how this thread started, just to get something else on the Nimitz and another aircraft to fly. It started so small, now look at it! This bitch bloody snowballed! And look how well it snowballed! Damm....

Think enough people are going, "Are we there yet?"

I understand how you feel, but I wont release anything until it is at a state that I feel comfortable enough to let her go public. You know she has to be all prettied up for you guys! It is getting close is all I can say.. just a few more things need to be completed, then she needs a nice clean up and then we will move to the next stage. Please understand that a lot of time goes into this and I really want her to be a stable release.

Edited by Meatball0311

Looking amazing....take another 6 months for all I care as said the effort put into this is immense. Many thanks for the work.

Had a look at some of the vids, is it possible in the final release the canopy rim will be less chunkier.

Unless this has been improved on and i haven't noticed, that would be a welcome change. Rest of it looks brilliant!

edit: Nvr mind, just noticed the changelog:cool:

I'm just glad to see her features carried over from what she used in OFP and Arma1, folding wings, dynamic arming, ejecting seats, openable canopy, the gear animations, afterburner and so on is what made me love this bird and the more I heard about how the other exports would not have the features, well it's nice to see that someone else would do it when Franze has his hands pretty much tied right now.

Some time ago I thought about approaching Franze on remaking the F-18 with added features but the team seems to be on a similar mind track.

Edited by NodUnit

I understand how you feel, but I wont release anything until it is at a state that I feel comfortable enough to let her go public. You know she has to be all prettied up for you guys! It is getting close is all I can say.. just a few more things need to be completed, then she needs a nice clean up and then we will move to the next stage. Please understand that a lot of time goes into this and I really want her to be a stable release.

No argument here bro. Just making a mess on my self drooling over the pics.

So I assume in Armaverse the USMC will have Suer Hornets? Great job anyway, model is very nicely looking.

I'm just glad to see her features carried over from what she used in OFP and Arma1, folding wings, dynamic arming, ejecting seats, openable canopy, the gear animations, afterburner and so on is what made me love this bird and the more I heard about how the other exports would not have the features, well it's nice to see that someone else would do it when Franze has his hands pretty much tied right now.

Some time ago I thought about approaching Franze on remaking the F-18 with added features but the team seems to be on a similar mind track.

I am trying my best to keep as many features as possible, cant promise she will have all of the bells and whistles that Franze had. The Dynamic Arming feature will not be in this, as the weapons are not Franzes, but [GLT] Myke's. All the others you mentioned are.

No argument here bro. Just making a mess on my self drooling over the pics.

:dancehead:

So I assume in Armaverse the USMC will have Suer Hornets? Great job anyway, model is very nicely looking.

Yes, in the Armaverse the USMC has upgraded their All-Weather Hornet squadrons with Super Hornets.. this will start with VMFA (AW)533. :D

i cant wait it looks awsome.. i would kill for your skill :p

My skills are nothing to kill over.. they are just beginner, but thanks for the compliment... :dancehead:

I'm assuming it's going to be a single multirole loadout on the plane, isn't it?

Not a complaint, just an observation, as i love Mavericks ;P

I'm assuming it's going to be a single multirole loadout on the plane, isn't it?

Not a complaint, just an observation, as i love Mavericks ;P

Dont know yet what I will do.. just trying to get her in shape for next stage.

Model isn't his. http://www.mechmodels.com/mas/downloads/superhornet/manual/fa18ef_manual.htm

I am trying my best to keep as many features as possible, cant promise she will have all of the bells and whistles that Franze had. The Dynamic Arming feature will not be in this, as the weapons are not Franzes, but [GLT] Myke's. All the others you mentioned are.

Ah okay I thought Myke's weapons had that, no biggie though. I'll be interested to see what else you guys do with this bird, especially in the cockpit.

Looking amazing....take another 6 months for all I care as said the effort put into this is immense. Many thanks for the work.

heeyyy watch it don't give him these bad ideas, the rest i agree totaly

Edited by supergruntsb78

okay I thought Myke's weapons had that, no biggie though. I'll be interested to see what else you guys do with this bird, especially in the cockpit.

It is under development. Bad thing is, i first have to learn making proper ingame menu screens and also develop a versatile system which is able to handle the versatility of the new proxyhandling ("new" compared to Armed Assault 1).

Well I wish you the best of luck with that, if you don't mind me asking however what are the pro's to the new system?

Well I wish you the best of luck with that, if you don't mind me asking however what are the pro's to the new system?

The pro's will be (if the plane is set up properly for this system) that it takes measurements and weights into account aswell as nationality of plane and weapons. Also it allows also loading equipment like a AN/AAQ28 (which is in the Missilebox addon) or external fuel tanks. I have to admit that these will just be optical goodies with no real functionality but i do hope that maybe the game engine could be patched by BIS to allow real functionality for this.

Besides that, it will allow to load multirail systems (if the plane can carry such).

A very basic "proof of concept" you can see here:

QyKoFoQUoeA

What you see there is completely realised with ammo, magazines and weapons, using scripts which only uses removeWeapon/removeMagazine and addWeapon/addMagazine commands. There are no hide animations or such used. Whatever changes is defined as ammo/magazine.

This also works with FFAR launchers:

Yw9NZY7D8_M

The system will be defined in a config using scripts to create a proper dialog and also applying magazines/weapons in the correct order. I know it does work, it just takes a lot of time to develop correct definitions and procedures which is really timeconsuming, especially for someone like me who isn't a programming god like others out there. So it takes me a lot of time to learn things before i can productively use it for this system. So it's not a question if it will be done, just a matter of when.

Worst case, its easy enough to roll out multiple models, each with a different load-out.

I did it with the Su33, the Tu22M3, and in a way the B52