Sign in to follow this  
andrea0373

F/A-18 Super Hornet

This plane is really looking amazing. It's my favorite jet, and I can't wait to fly it.

I wonder.....is there any way of reducing the width of the canopy metal frame? the arching metal frame which closes the canopy. I know that we are aiming for accuracy, but the real version seems thinner, and I personally like thinner as it tends to take up alot of screen real estate, and thus block my view of outside.

if I am totally wrong here, just let me know.

-matt

This plane is really looking amazing. It's my favorite jet, and I can't wait to fly it.

I wonder.....is there any way of reducing the width of the canopy metal frame? the arching metal frame which closes the canopy. I know that we are aiming for accuracy, but the real version seems thinner, and I personally like thinner as it tends to take up alot of screen real estate, and thus block my view of outside.

if I am totally wrong here, just let me know.

-matt

I will look into it.. I think the new pilot view may have something to do with it.

There are many things that I am going to touch up before any type of release. Especially the cockpit...

EDIT: Fixed canopy frame thickness

Edited by Meatball0311

Canopy Frame thickness? That is huge, as that seem to be the only thing that just did not add up to how good it was looking. Nice job looking forward to seeing that! ;)

the artificial horizon on the right down is turning in the opposite direction ;)

a nice addon !!

do you know an expected release date because im loving the looks of it.. and im getting a bit tired of the F-111 i need to finnish getting the RAAF

do you know an expected release date because im loving the looks of it..

i believe the answer your are looking for is as follows: when it is done, like every other FREE community content out there.

wow, this looks realy nice! Cant wait to test it! It seems almost ready for a beta version :)

could you send me a file with the PBO's and all that stuff so i could try it out??

could you send me a file with the PBO's and all that stuff so i could try it out??

Fail...

It looks like release is not far away in the future, so please stay calm and you will get your toy. I don't think that he will give his addon to anyone who asks in a forum thread just because he/she wants to try it out. Again, wait until it's released, it's done when it's done!

yeah ok.. just when i got the game i thought it would have the F/A-18 because the USAF use it but i was wrong and now that i know that one is been made i realy cant wait.

yeah ok.. just when i got the game i thought it would have the F/A-18 because the USAF use it but i was wrong and now that i know that one is been made i realy cant wait.

Failing hard there man. :p

Thank you all for being patient. I know you all are really anticipating the release of this addon and I am working as fast as I can to get it out to you.

Before I release it, I personally would like it to be in a little better shape than it is presently. I have only a few more things I would like to complete and touch up, so please be patient. Once again thank you for your interest in this project.

Here is an update video of what I have been working on this past week:

1. Improved texture and mapping

2. Reduced canopy frame thickness

3. Added indicator lights for flaps

4. Added several squadron aircraft textures

there is still more to add and fine tune, but here is a little video....

QfteGUWOQP0

Looks nice as usual meatball. Where you learn to do this by the way? I get very blown away by how quick you have achieved a lot of the things you have. I suppose you get faster the more you do?

Looks nice as usual meatball. Where you learn to do this by the way? I get very blown away by how quick you have achieved a lot of the things you have. I suppose you get faster the more you do?

I am teaching myself and the community is very helpful in helping. :)

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

here is another video...

pb9hrKRhovc

What are the maps for 12test1 and 13test1?

You got a lot of lag-spiking doing on in that second video. Is that the island or the FA18(s) ?

What are the maps for 12test1 and 13test1?
Gnat;1923440']You got a lot of lag-spiking doing on in that second video. Is that the island or the FA18(s) ?

The island is a friends and is in Beta testing. It is a map of Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Course 29 Palms. Yes it is the island that is lag-spiking..

man this realy is going the right way just hope we will get several versions like NAVY & MARINES

edit: OK OK and RAAF :p

Edited by supergruntsb78

The texturing improvements are a bit difficult to see, would you mind posting some screenshots focusing on these parts?

Also will you be toning the specular down some.

http://files.air-attack.com/MIL/f18sh/f18e_kittyhawk_20080424.jpg

http://indexofwallpapers.com/wallpapers/f-18-hornet-wallpapers/f-18-hornet-wallpaper-8-11207.jpg

http://www.photocub.com/photo/var/albums/Boeing_F-18_Super_Hornet.jpg?m=1302720277

Great job cant wait 2 fly it :) Mine favorite plane from OFP(Franze) good luck and thx for al the hard work

man this realy is going the right way just hope we will get several versions like NAVY & MARINES

edit: OK OK and RAAF :p

Yes, I plan on eventually having US NAVY, MARINES, and RAAF. I would like to get the model working the way I want it before adding these.

The texturing improvements are a bit difficult to see, would you mind posting some screenshots focusing on these parts?

Also will you be toning the specular down some.

Will try my best to get some better quality pics up.. and will also look into the specular issue. Based on those photos you posted, the paint is flat without much glare.. so I will work on toning it down a bit. Thanks.

will this mod when its done work on ArmA 2 or just OA

It will work on both.. and the only thing that is required atm is GLT Missilebox.

Great job cant wait 2 fly it :) Mine favorite plane from OFP(Franze) good luck and thx for al the hard work

Thanks for your comment!

It will work on both.. and the only thing that is required atm is GLT Missilebox.

Does this mean that Mando Missiles won't be mandatory for the addon to work? If so I think that's a wise move. Don't get me wrong - Mando is a superb addon and very popular with users, but I think it would reduce the number of people who used your excellent addon if it was an enforced requirement. Just having the GLT Missilebox as a requirement makes more sense, with Mando an option for those who wish to have a more complex/authentic experience.

Keep up the good work Meatball - getting close now. :)