Sign in to follow this  
andrea0373

F/A-18 Super Hornet

Myke;1894006']Pic or it didn't happened. :D

And somewhat tells me you didn't get the joke.

soon photo.........hi hi hi hi:bounce3:

Me jelly MeatBall.... Me jelly. Good drops with the 500's. OT, So wish there was a CCIP for those!

Sorry for the absence, but I have been dealing with computer issues. Long story short, I have to set up my computer and transfer my files.. so hopefully I will be up and running later tonight.

Take your time Meatball0311, I'd rather have a long and drawn out finished product then a quick and rushed deadline!

Take your time Meatball0311, I'd rather have a long and drawn out finished product then a quick and rushed deadline!

Thanks! I am slowly getting everything downloaded again and all of my files back in place... we will get there.

Status update?

Seriously? Read the last three posts before yours. Don't be daft.

Abs

Unless the op says otherwise it will most likely be a week in between updates or so, these things take time, sometimes lots of time.

I will hopefully have a real update by the weekend. As of right now I am battling with work, school, family, and I was deathly sick this week. Once again I want to assure you all that I am doing the best I can to get this out.

What am I working on?

- adding more working instrument panels

- adding night time instrument lighting

- adding navigation lights

- and others

There was some problems with the model that I had to correct in order for Mandoble to incorporate his MMA. So, that has been fixed and I am just waiting for him to send it back to me. This all takes time and I cant do it all by myself, so I have a few people helping me out. Once again thanks for your patience.

Once again thanks for your patience.

And Thanks you for your hard work and time to make something where alot of people have been asking for. respect!

Once again thanks for your patience.

No need to be thanking us Meatball - you are the one going to all the effort to make this bird for us. So thank YOU!

BTW - all the best with your recovery from illness.

Cheers.

A little update for now and I will post more later. I am testing out the work that Mandoble has done for the F/A-18. Learning how to use it atm so I will post more later...

I can not wait:)

Thank you for the work you do;)

A little update video..

Mandoble added the F/A-18 to MMA, I really like it and it is an awesome tool. So far the addon is not dependant on anything but GLT Missilebox. I have some plans in the works to give the community a complete addon. I was stuck on getting the instruments to work properly, but I finally got them to work and I also had to correct somethings in the model.cfg. I plan on giving as many updates as possible, so if there is a pause in between updates, it is probably because I am stuck on something and learning how to correct it. Anyway, I plan to add some more features to the Waypoint Plotting System (WPS).

I am working on getting some NAV lights and other nice stuff atm. So here is a little taste of whats cooking! Enjoy....

dpopSOoJQRo

Looking great Meatball, I know a few people who are eagerly awaiting this, myself included.

Keep up the hard work man its appreciated.

...Waypoint Plotting System (WPS)...

FWIW, you can make that work with a digital map display if you wanted to. I'd be happy to share the details of such via PM.

it looks really nice, great job Meatball !

Sorry if this already been asked but is there any plan to port the weapon management system from ArmA 1 ?

I know Mando Missile already allows you to do this but IIRC, Franze's system was giving you more freedom, allowing completely custom and asymetric loadout

Keep it up !

it looks really nice, great job Meatball !

Sorry if this already been asked but is there any plan to port the weapon management system from ArmA 1 ?

I know Mando Missile already allows you to do this but IIRC, Franze's system was giving you more freedom, allowing completely custom and asymetric loadout

Keep it up !

Please allow me to jump in on this.

First, let me say, back in ArmA 1 this system was stunning and a piece of genious, no doubt. And surely for the player it opened a new world of freedom in weapon loadout.

But one have to know that this also worked around the limitation which didn't allowed to have more than one proxy weapon (proxyweapon = any missile/bomb you see attached on the plane).

So if you added 2 GBU12 and 2 AIM-9 you ended (visually) up with 4 GBU12.

The system that Franze used based mainly on the exzessive use of hiding selections, just showing the actual in the rearm menu selected weapon.

The biggest downside: it wasn't possible to load anything else than Franze's included weapons.

Now in ArmA 2, BIS added support for more than one proxyweapon. It is even possible to change weapons to something that wasn't predefined in the config.

So while it somewhat limits a per-pylon loadout changement, overall it raises versatility drastically.

So it could be done, personally i would see it as 2 steps back. I also think that even Franze himself wouldn't do it this way anymore with ArmA 2.

@[GLT]Myke

Thanks for the explanation on that, but for the Franze's system its still an very good option to have. Dont see any down side to it, as it still gives you more freedom by allowing custom loadouts. Saying that Franze's system downside was only his weapons can be loaded is.... well most weapons for planes in ArmA 2/OA are BIS and your [GLT]Myke weapons. Could we just see the system loadout for your missle box? As Meatball is using your weapon system in his addon.

@1in1class

there are plans for a weapon armament system which, although not exactly as versatile as Franze's, allows custom loadout changements during a mission.

The system is under development but as i am alone to do it and i still need to learn a lot regarding scripting (especially menu dialogues) it takes time to complete.

As the F/A-18 already uses the Missilebox, a later including the armament system is easy on it.

Myke;1902449']@1in1class

there are plans for a weapon armament system which' date=' although not exactly as versatile as Franze's, allows custom loadout changements during a mission.

The system is under development but as i am alone to do it and i still need to learn a lot regarding scripting (especially menu dialogues) it takes time to complete.

As the F/A-18 already uses the Missilebox, a later including the armament system is easy on it.[/quote']

Sounds good [GLT]Myke, im sure you will get that scripting down:wink_o: If anyting regarding scripting, or weapon system loadouts, im sure Franze can help you out. About the plans for the armament for the loadouts, will it have the option as you can pick in game in way's like Franze had? By picking your weapon system in game just by pulling up to an ammo truck.

Edited by 1in1class