smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

Not to rush or anything, but I keep getting complaints about the various issues that were already mentioned many times before and are supposed to already be fixed in the next version. If it's really taking so long, it would be much appreciated if at least the critical fixes that are ready would be released as a mini-update, #1 issue being the roll after getting up from crouch for players and AI which can often get you/them killed.

SMK Animations v0.25 Highlights

This video, presented by Reezo of SR5 Tactical, will guide you through the most important features of this mod.

Sit down, relax and enjoy the additional possibilities of the SMK animations mod.

vklOq6KFQy4

Credits:

Animations by Smookie

Anims Manager by Reezo

Beta testing by M1n1dou and SR5 Tactical

Background picture courtesy of 225

Video footage and montage by Reezo

For any official statement about the mod and the upcoming release, let's wait for Smookie. He's been extremely busy with work these days and I must say he has done an excellent job in staying up late with me on MSN to discuss, fix and improve the mod as much as he could, given his real life circumstances.

Thanks everyone for the continued support and patience!

Oh my got that looks sick! Thank you! Someone please make the ai use those!

Agree with Hunter, Really cant wait for the patch, mainly so as it fixes the AI from getting stuck on crouch :) Its either All-Stand, or All-Prone, im afraid of leaving them on crouch :P

Ok, color me stupid. I've read your readme file and I do know how and where to install this. However what is not clear is does this work ONLY client side or both? And if both, since Iplay on a dedicated server (AGE Clan). How does this work or what, has to be done server side?

Hi all, first post here, hope I'm not asking anything stupid!

I have @ACE, @CBA, @SMK and Beta version (ARMA2_OA_Build_79600) loaded.

I have all keys bound as asked (turbo,sit/salute etc.) But all Turbo seems to do is make me sprint.

During the config mission, I cannot perform any of the maneuvers listed in the readme.

Any ideas?

---

Casual ArmA Players!

-Gaming Rig-

AMD Phenom II 3Ghz

4Gb RAM

ATI 4870HD

---

28" Monitor

G15 Keyboard

G25 Wheel

G35 Headset

Saitek Cyborg Flightstick

Edited by Mr Stoat

To avoid unpredictable results, you should run this on all machines involved - Server and clients. If some run it and some don't it seems to mostly still work somewhat, but will be glitchy, so it's best to avoid such a situation.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

That video..... it's awesome! This mod completely changes things, it should be adopted by all servers.

notice the italian mafia voice ! nice vid mate ;)

Im so excited to try this new version!!!...but what the hell is leane left / right ? :D

Well done!

Edited by Babylonjoke

Not to rush or anything, but I keep getting complaints about the various issues that were already mentioned many times before and are supposed to already be fixed in the next version. If it's really taking so long, it would be much appreciated if at least the critical fixes that are ready would be released as a mini-update, #1 issue being the roll after getting up from crouch for players and AI which can often get you/them killed.

+1 to this. I haven't used the mod in ages because of the poor AI performance. Please give us something so we can at least lower the posts about AI problems.

v0.25 looks amazing. I will tell you right now that the biggest tactical ACE community, united operations, will probably be using it if its well optimized for multiplayer. I'm an officer there and I will try my best to get it implemented.

How does this perform in script heavy environments where there is potentially large amounts of script lag?

Hello, is this required by ALL players in MP? Or does it use inbuilt arma 2 /oa animations?

How does this perform in script heavy environments where there is potentially large amounts of script lag?

Why would there be any problems? How does A2 animations performs in script heavy environments? I for once never had them fail...

Hello, is this required by ALL players in MP? Or does it use inbuilt arma 2 /oa animations?

All animations are custom build in maya, using teacup tool. So yes, it is required by ALL players in MP

Why would there be any problems? How does A2 animations performs in script heavy environments? I for once never had them fail...

I assume that there is scripting involved for things like changing the stances that are not of the normal type, checking if walls are able to be scaled, if they are running so they can slide, if they have backpacks on to do the rolls or not, etc.

So I can see a lot of problems.

fair point...i forgot about scaled over walls and rolls. slide while running could just behave like the grenade while moving, which doesn't check if you are moving or static. same goes for more stances anims

Edited by PuFu

Great job!

I have a suggestion.

Shoot from the hip Animation.

Used when you have no time to aim and need to move at the same time and just suppres the enemy. For example: crossing a street, runing from one cover to another that is close but not that close so it need supprsive fire.

Also Close combat aninations would be great!?

Edited by Mr Pedersen

Great job!

I have a suggestion.

Shoot from the hip Animation.

Used when you have no time to aim and need to move at the same time and just suppres the enemy. For example: crossing a street, runing from one cover to another that is close but not that close so it need supprsive fire.

Also Close combat aninations would be great!?

Wouldn't adding an animation that is different from the default be less effective? You already are "shooting from the hip" when you don't raise the weapon sites up (though it doesn't look like it).

Wouldn't adding an animation that is different from the default be less effective? You already are "shooting from the hip" when you don't raise the weapon sites up (though it doesn't look like it).

it has nothing to do with effective fire on enemy, its a way to alteast give your self suppresive fire at the same time you make a run for a " safe cover". And I have not seen any " shoot from the hip" animation in arma...yet.

Wow ... never added many (or is that any) animation mods, but after watching that video I just gotta say .....

AWESOME Work !

Same here, just saw the vid, gotta say that it looks bloody awesome