Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

Multi-Session Operations v3.3 is released!

Guys i'm really killing my head with this. Seems like the MSO does not like enemy vehicles spawned by BIS_fnc_spawnVehicle , i tested so many things with my script like setting the variable to disable cache in a million different ways and result is always the same it keeps the damn caching.

This is what happens:

1- If my distance from the spawned chopper is greater than 1000m, the crew is apparently spawned on the ground and chopper just drops into the ground.

2- If my distance from the spawned chopper is less than 1000m, suddenly chopper spawns just fine and chopper does everything is supposed to do.

Ok, now i've taken a look into main.sqp from the CEP_caching folder, and is applied with 2000m distance.

I now wonder what in god's name is happening with those spawned choppers, and what can i do to fix it, without having to wait for 3.4 version of course. Editor placed choppers with caching disabled on the init line of the unit works great, crew never gets cached and choppers do everything they should. The spawned follow up choppers get screwed up no matter if i set the variable or not.

But CAS is spawned by BIS_fnc_spawnVehicle and work great. Maybe it's because it's BLUFOR?

I've tried to find the file that gave me that 1000m distance but i can't just find it. I'm working so hard and can't make it work.

Can you guys help setting a condition kind of :

if (iskindOf "Air") then {
_distance=10000};

so that there is a different distance for air units and thus not affecting other type of units.

Thnk you, i'll really appreciate help on this!!!!

Edited by CarlosTex

Hey m8s!

In Takistan 3.4beta i can confirm the lag issue from Fogu. I also noticed that somewhere there was Patrol (think it was mechanized) that was crazy-spawning vehicles (i couldnt even count em, think it must have been 100ts). it turns down performance to 1 frame/sec if you wait long enough. I wasnt able to take a screenshot or fraps it, cuz i had to kill the armaoa.exe process with taskmanager. But i could reproduce it mutliple times with restarting (i could not find the broken patrol anymore cuz there were too many over all). I can repr. easily by teleporting. Also i just tested in singleplayer (editor). ArmaOA.rpt shows no really heavy errors but to show the lag issue:

From...

"MSO-17.803 CEP Caching # 59/63 Cached Groups 148/36/17 Active/Suspended/Cached Units"

it goes up to...

"MSO-292.535 CEP Caching # 144/149 Cached Groups 450/542/54 Active/Suspended/Cached Units"

(edited: ...in about 15-20 seconds after teleporting).

and ends here on my last try....

"MSO-328.785 CEP Caching # 183/188 Cached Groups 54/1310/60 Active/Suspended/Cached Units"

i havent had any lag issues in 3.31 ;). And i have no mods on (only CBA) and its an updated Arma2 CO (also tried with clean OA, same issue).

Maybe some hints where to look (i guess enemypop module main.sqf)? Or is this ment like this, and only my i5 with 6gigs RAM is too slow for it?

Guidance & Protection

Dave

Edited by highhead
to clarify the time...

Quick question - should a server gamelogic be placed? It seems to end the mission straightaway when I do...

I've got a Fallujah WIP if anyone is intersted in taking over?

ACE/US/BAF

Send PM for details

Working on a Takistan ACE version for VCB atm. I'll strip out our addons and make it BAF/ACE only so you guys can have a play with it.

Edit (cross posted to AAW forum as well)

I've knocked together an ACE and BAF only version on Takistan incorporating all the latest changes up to and including Saturday 16th April (so this is a sort of beta v2.1)

Only major differences to the vanilla are that I've removed any AAW dependencies and disabled the Revive module which conflicts with ACE Medic Modules. The base set up is copied straight over from the original with a few tweaks here and there. Oh and I think I broke the logbook module. I've added a simple box filling script (imaginatively called Frizplugs.sqf) with a few ACE related gubbins inside - earplugs and whatnot.

Issues to be worked out:

Enemy spawning is too close (meant to be >2000m from the player)

ACE Backpack contents on respawn not working (and ACRE radio manpack contents too for that matter, though this wasn't intended yet)

All credit goes to Wolffy for making an oustanding contribution to ArmA2. I'm grateful for the opportunity to script kiddie his work :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?7es235aeb1qvyl3

Please report any bugs you find on Dev-Heav for Wolffy's benefit. And if anyone is in the mood to update the manuals, I'm sure it would be appreciated :)

Having some trouble making this mission launch, I've got the newest ACE, ACEX and other stuff whats your start up parameters if you don't mind?

It says im missing ace_sys_m119 ace_sys_arty

Question marks are suspected terrorist cells and their distance from the marker. The idea is to try and triangulate their location.

Next release has another marker system which might assist further.

Figured out what the problem was.

Has anyone else set the Nomad reset lives to 'Never' in parameters? This ends the mission straight after loading for me.

Well, with some screwing around and very easily actually , i managed (apparently) to fix caching on air units. Even those random air patrols should work well now.

Having some trouble making this mission launch, I've got the newest ACE, ACEX and other stuff whats your start up parameters if you don't mind?

It says im missing ace_sys_m119 ace_sys_arty

Sounds like ACE/CBA isn't running properly. I run this on Combined Ops with ACE, CBA and BAF (no ACEX). Try running a shortcut with just those and see how you go.

@Wolffy or Rommel- I have figured out how to enlarge the squad size for recruiting aspects, but how would one go about enlarging the dialog box so as to add another option for say, four soldier types instead of just three. I know the dialog is defined in the modules/recruitment/dialog_xxx files, but just not sure how to increase the size of it to fit another button.

Thanks.

Those dialog boxes were created by Rommel - I've never tried modifying them, so I can't really help you out unfortunately. They look simple enough, see how you go.

I've had other users asking to increase the number of classes available in those dialog boxes, so any updates you make, feel free to pass onto me for inclusion in the distro.

Do you think a thorough explanation of how the UID works would be more helpful then just a bunch of numbers and quote marks nadsaying you "need something like this" ?

Hey guys!

No responses yet on the lag-thing. Some questions:

- do we do fail to consider certain parameters?

- do yu need the mission?

- is the spawning ok and just our pc-specs are too low?

- can i help with something?

thx m8s!

guidance

Dave

@Wolffy or Rommel- I have figured out how to enlarge the squad size for recruiting aspects, but how would one go about enlarging the dialog box so as to add another option for say, four soldier types instead of just three. I know the dialog is defined in the modules/recruitment/dialog_xxx files, but just not sure how to increase the size of it to fit another button.

Thanks.

I have it up to 7 recruitment slots now, you just have to add in additional config names like soldierWb, soldierWsaboteur, etc and follow the pattern of the rest of the dialog.

I have to say,

for me the new beta is unplayable on an Dedicated Server.

The Server has only 10FPS on MSO Start (Takistan and Chernarus) with only me on the Server.

Wolffy.au can you confirm this issue???

if not can you give us a clean sample Mission????

thx

fogu

Guys, I am really trying to release final Release Candidate in the next day or two. The mission is working perfectly for me at the moment, so its just porting to the different mission templates.

Bear in mind guys, although everyone is asking if they can help, I haven't really had time to allocate jobs, etc. If you guys want to help, the biggest problem I have at the moment is updating and distributing all the different versions. If you've authored a version, PM me for the latest version, update your version and confirm its all working. If it isn't I will help you real-time on Skype or via BIF PM.

I have to say,

for me the new beta is unplayable on an Dedicated Server.

The Server has only 10FPS on MSO Start (Takistan and Chernarus) with only me on the Server.

Wolffy.au can you confirm this issue???

if not can you give us a clean sample Mission????

thx

fogu

FPS is fine on ours. Performance is better then the previous version and civvies and enemy are doing just fine. Even the bus full of crazy Takis who stopped in the middle of a fire fight, driver got out and ran around screaming, bus took a direct hit from an enemy RPG....messy. But it saved my WMIK, so they didn't die in vein!

FPS is fine on ours. Performance is better then the previous version and civvies and enemy are doing just fine. Even the bus full of crazy Takis who stopped in the middle of a fire fight, driver got out and ran around screaming, bus took a direct hit from an enemy RPG....messy. But it saved my WMIK, so they didn't die in vein!

Video link or it didn't happen :)

I edited MSO 3.31 and added RUM Assets Awesome... but, my machine, when I host tends to become less responsive with scripts... FPS is great... But when I select an action or something, it takes a minute for a response... ehhh but whatever, hopefully 3.4 is alot more efficient

Hello

I also experienced the lag issue in 3.34beta where the active/suspended/cached units would go to 500 and beyond. when I placed a civilian as the player and used the teleport function from those testing missions to teleport myself to anyone of those motorized or mechanized unit i could see a huge build-up of vehicles while more were being spawned until i had to close the game from the slow performance.

Wait till the RC release for bug reports and please ensure ANY issues are logged onto Dev Heaven.

I got a PM from someone saying the ?xxxm markers where numerous and may have been the cause of FPS lag. I'll see if I can remove them after a period of time.

Wait till the RC release for bug reports and please ensure ANY issues are logged onto Dev Heaven.

I got a PM from someone saying the ?xxxm markers where numerous and may have been the cause of FPS lag. I'll see if I can remove them after a period of time.

We have numberous/many ?xxxm markers on the map (and I mean MANY). Mostly in the SE area of the map (although not limited too).

I believe we are utlising the 3.4beta version.

The markers are normal. The question is, does it affect FPS when there are too many?