Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

Multi-Session Operations v3.3 is released!

On Chernarus, and also we watched like 6 AN-2s land on top of each other... Lol

hello

I'm wondering where can i get the source files for the latest RC version for testing or mission creation? or do i need to wait until the stable version?

Bugs reproduced with new RC sqfs on custom mission. Bugs also reproduced on stock mission template (baf-usa).
I can reproduce the weird spawning thing also in RC candidate (Takistan) from 24/4 several times

Can one of you guys log a DH ticket and I'll upload what I believe is a fix, so you can test and let me know if it resolves the issue.

Can one of you guys log a DH ticket and I'll upload what I believe is a fix, so you can test and let me know if it resolves the issue.

Uploaded it.

This is easily reproducable, how come you're not able to have it happen? :confused:

Ok, we tested Enemy Pop and the spawning seems to be solved.

We also saw "The Dutch Train Station" million and 1 bikes at the airfield. I will work on it now.

Nice Wolffy!

At work atm and i think my boss doesnt want me to play arma now :) will test it in the evening. im really amazed by the civilian, the sea and air traffic modules! But all modules are awsome! Btw i implemented VTS again in the 3.4, i will post the mission when enemypop is working and i have tested it, needs some tweaks still!

So i will reply laterz! Cant wait :)

Enemy pop seems no better - after 30 mins is this normal? (from .rpt file):

Cached Groups 27/520/154 Active/Suspended/Cached Units

Edited by Enders

@ enders: yu took the attached chernarus-file from devheaven-tickets or regular RC files from devheaven-mso-files?

Enemy pop seems no better - after 30 mins is this normal? (from .rpt file):

Cached Groups 27/520/154 Active/Suspended/Cached Units

Just wanted to alert you of a possible typo, Enders. In the ticket you stated "Enemy pop seems better"

:)

So it is or it isn't better? :)

BTW - those figures look pretty normal to me.

So it is or it isn't better? :)

BTW - those figures look pretty normal to me.

Updated DH ticket. Problem not solved.

I think there is a major misunderstanding how the system is supposed to work - so I will document here.

Enemy Populator - used to randomly populate enemy units and camps, doing patrols and defending camps all over the map from a number of factions (MSO_FACTIONS). Each unit waits until a player is within 2.5km before spawning to conserver server CPU. Between 2.5km and 1km, group is cached with just the TL visible and performing patrol or defense. This module is just to fill the map and provide something to clear.

Terrorist Cells - starts at the edge of the map and enters a town with an ammo cache. Recruits members until the group splits and the second groups moves to another location with another cache. This is when a ?xm marker shows. These markers will disappear once the original cache is destroyed. These terrorists look like civilians with guns and have no connection with MSO_FACTIONS.

I hope this makes sense and hopefully may explain why you guys think something is broken.

---------- Post added at 11:20 ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 ----------

Updated DH ticket. Problem not solved.

Yeah, just read your update. I can't replicate the fault, so I've asked for some help on Skype to replicate. Feel free to jump on Skype Instant Messenger and assist (contact wolffy.au).

I think there is a major misunderstanding how the system is supposed to work - so I will document here.

Enemy Populator - used to randomly populate enemy units and camps, doing patrols and defending camps all over the map from a number of factions (MSO_FACTIONS). Each unit waits until a player is within 2.5km before spawning to conserver server CPU. Between 2.5km and 1km, group is cached with just the TL visible and performing patrol or defense. This module is just to fill the map and provide something to clear.

Terrorist Cells - starts at the edge of the map and enters a town with an ammo cache. Recruits members until the group splits and the second groups moves to another location with another cache. This is when a ?xm marker shows. These markers will disappear once the original cache is destroyed. These terrorists look like civilians with guns and have no connection with MSO_FACTIONS.

I hope this makes sense and hopefully may explain why you guys think something is broken.

---------- Post added at 11:20 ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 ----------

Yeah, just read your update. I can't replicate the fault, so I've asked for some help on Skype to replicate. Feel free to jump on Skype Instant Messenger and assist (contact wolffy.au).

Wolffy - Something obviously isn't working as intended; unless you think the mass-spawning of the enemy vehicles (some with troops, others without) are suppose to occur. If that is the case then I don't think many servers will handle this type of activity as it just puts too much strain onto them.

With our server the Server FPS can drop to 0, usually into the lower single digits when we come across the localised mass-spawned vehicles.

It's still happening no matter what reasoning is provided within your reply. If you think the 'enemypop' and 'terroristcell' aren't the reason for the issues we are experiencing then its somewhere else.

What can we do to further help you find the root cause?

Would inviting you onto one of our servers to witness the issue we are encountering be of any use to you? We can also provide the full server RPT too!

Heya mate,

Thanks for the explanation - especially on how TERRORIST CELLS work. That is a pretty neat insight there and something I wasn't aware of (the splitting of cells, etc.)

The only issue that became slightly annoying with the Terrorist Cells was the sheer amount of markers and constant stream of Intelligence messages that they generated. The "? xxxm" markers literarily blotted out entire regions of the map, making any type of planning a pretty tough task and making the map look like the galaxy map of Eve Online.

If that sheer volume of markers (literarily hundreds in one of the towns) is intentional then would it be possible to include options to turn off Intel-streaming (i.e. Markers and Text) or reduce it to a single once-off report per cell?

The real problem we're seeing however is with ENEMYPOP (presumably?); that of the mass spawn of groups, which I think is safe to say is not how the mission is intended to work.

Perhaps it's related, but I did notice that while some camps were spawned in, no enemy units were spawned with the camps (or at least not in the camp's locality). Could it be that other camp's associated units are being spawned in all in one location?

Ok, just went for a fly with SCAJolly on Chernarus and we couldn't replicate the fault, but have 2 instances where Takistan is much easier to replicate. So I'll update my scripts and go for a spin in the Apache.

I've seen the screenshots, its not that I don't believe any of you, its just I couldn't get it to break when I tested it. Lets see if its easier on Takistan.

As for the ?xm markers, I'll make them optional in the next release, off by default. This essentially means you can use the Town Manager module only, or the Insurgency style markers.

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

Latest updates here:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/19193

All feedback on the ticket please. :)

Excellent :)

Several of the 16AA lads will test the updated files shortly.

Tested the Takistan files, everything works brilliantly. Thank you, Wolffy!

About spawning.

Since it seems flight ops currently risk spawning an atrocious amount of enemies, I am very curious about an easy way to change the overall number of enemies - either as group sizes or as spawns. One way for the former is to blacklist those group config entries that number many members.

It might however be more practical to alter the conditions for spawning a group altogether: If one adds a timer of ~50 seconds (or value+random value), that will give all fixed-wing and most helicopters time to exit the spawn zone specified in rmm_enemypop\main.sqf. This can be a neat way to keep MSOs clean and purdy for those of us that seek low intensity conflicts.

My question is, how can one best do this? Having a look at fPlayersInside, but not totally comfortable with the magickery that's going on there.

About weather, in core\modules\weather\main.sqf, there's an entry

if(isNil "disableFog") then {

disableFog = 0;

this should either read "disableFog = 1;" or "enableFog = 0" (or make it "!isNil"). Currently, to disable the fog, disableFog must be set false in the parameters.

Actually, nevermind that. You may want to rename it "Enable Fog" in the params.hpp without changing anything in the main.sqf :P That could fark things up.

Edited by SCAJolly

for testing the massive spawning i think it's easier to use the teleport macro from the testing missions in the 3.4beta2 files then place a civilian as the player and teleport the player to enemy locations?

for testing the massive spawning i think it's easier to use the teleport macro from the testing missions in the 3.4beta2 files then place a civilian as the player and teleport the player to enemy locations?

Yeah, that would likely have been a better way of doing it. :) Still it is solved now.

Look at the bottom of the ticket here: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/19193 - for bug-free release.

So - you guys think its ready for final release?

Upon spawning at the base after the fix, I found the amount of enemy attacks was vastly higher. Much, much more intense. Would recommend you test Takistan to check if it's the right flavour for you. 16AA are currently trying to edit the intensity down. =)

Other than that, the MSO looks to work flawlessly. May want to consider Tupolev's MV22 change. Features to regulate the intensity of traffic and general enemy population would be fantastic.

Yeah, just remembered:

- mountain bike spawn issue

- sandstorm intensity per player numbers

- MV22 fix

Man, I am never gonna release this bloody thing! :P